Football Manager 2022

Got 2 saves going simultaneously. One as lads manager and one as England manager.

SAFC save got promoted first season with 126 points by using a gegenpress tactic on a smaller pitch and it worked like a treat. Hardly brought anyone in first season and was loving life.
2nd season made it to the Championship playoffs with 79 points in 6th place, but lost the PO final 3-2 against WBA courtesy of a Daryl Dike hattrick and just about to start season 3. Current team is:

GK: Andrew Fisher
DR: Huggins
DL: Cirkin
DC: Doyle (back on loan for 3rd season on the spin)
DC: Batth
CM: Matete
CM: Bakinson
RW: Roberts
CAM: Embleton
LW: Clarke
ST: Stewart

Roberts scored 19 and Stewart scored 33 last season in Champ and Roberts is worth between £6-19m. Kinda worked out that no matter how bad your team is, if you play attacking football and score goals (even if you concede a load) your attacking players will get sold for inflated prices and use that to help fund a promotion push.

As for the England job, I just got sacked in 2024 after winning the World Cup in 2022 and having the audacity to get knocked out in the semi finals of the Euros to Italy. My win/loss record was:

Played 47:
Won: 44 (usually scoring 4 goals or more every game)
Drew: 1
Lost: 2

Supposedly that is unacceptable results 😂 😂

Totally lost interest in it. Had my most enjoyable save for years with La Nucia/Real Sociedad and now just have no motivation to play it.

Tried a save as Djurgardens, just winning every game and wasn't really getting in to it. Thought I'd try a save with the lads but couldn't even be arsed to get through pre season 😐

Got 2 saves going simultaneously. One as lads manager and one as England manager.

SAFC save got promoted first season with 126 points by using a gegenpress tactic on a smaller pitch and it worked like a treat. Hardly brought anyone in first season and was loving life.
2nd season made it to the Championship playoffs with 79 points in 6th place, but lost the PO final 3-2 against WBA courtesy of a Daryl Dike hattrick and just about to start season 3. Current team is:

GK: Andrew Fisher
DR: Huggins
DL: Cirkin
DC: Doyle (back on loan for 3rd season on the spin)
DC: Batth
CM: Matete
CM: Bakinson
RW: Roberts
CAM: Embleton
LW: Clarke
ST: Stewart

Roberts scored 19 and Stewart scored 33 last season in Champ and Roberts is worth between £6-19m. Kinda worked out that no matter how bad your team is, if you play attacking football and score goals (even if you concede a load) your attacking players will get sold for inflated prices and use that to help fund a promotion push.

As for the England job, I just got sacked in 2024 after winning the World Cup in 2022 and having the audacity to get knocked out in the semi finals of the Euros to Italy. My win/loss record was:

Played 47:
Won: 44 (usually scoring 4 goals or more every game)
Drew: 1
Lost: 2

Supposedly that is unacceptable results
😂 😂
should be flogged in public square for that shameful record

Anyone discovered any good players that you can sign for us early on?
You don’t really need anyone to get out of league one. Early on I find it best to just get loans in.

On my York save I had a regen striker from Leicester for 3 seasons, if you get them once then they are usually open to giving another year. Saves you some cash too.

As much or as little as you want. You can delegate all those tasks so set it up once then never look at it again or you can take full control of it.
Cheers mate. Is it not a problem when staff leave for other clubs or their contracts run out etc ? Same for training schedules

Cheers mate. Is it not a problem when staff leave for other clubs or their contracts run out etc ? Same for training schedules
Nah. Your director of football or Technical director will sort out new contracts or hire new staff when needed and your assistant manager can sort all the training schedules.

Nah. Your director of football or Technical director will sort out new contracts or hire new staff when needed and your assistant manager can sort all the training schedules.
lovely, gunna get this
spent ages sorting out facepack, logo pack, kits etc. then trying to learn wtf is going on with all the detail involved :lol:

always shit in the transfer windows in these games. started as wimbledon and the only player i have brought in is Jebbison on loan. everyone else seems to be just shit or their wages are more than i can afford. just a case of waiting for youth intakes etc?

Last edited:
lovely, gunna get this
spent ages sorting out facepack, logo pack, kits etc. then trying to learn wtf is going on with all the detail involved :lol:

always shit in the transfer windows in these games. started as wimbledon and the only player i have brought in is Jebbison on loan. everyone else seems to be just shit or their wages are more than i can afford. just a case of waiting for youth intakes etc?
Why are you not starting as Sunderland?

Why are you not starting as Sunderland?
haha not even sure tbh mate. i thought i might get a better understanding of attributes and other bits etc. if i play a club i dont have much clue about in a league that i now feel i have a bit knowledge on (unfortunately). with sunderland i probably would have ignored them more

one thing i am struggling on is knowing how to effectively look at the free transfers. i dont want to look online at the best ones to get as would rather try do it on me own but have no idea how to filter out the 99% shit ones

won me 1st game 2-1 away to doncaster. :cool:

haha not even sure tbh mate. i thought i might get a better understanding of attributes and other bits etc. if i play a club i dont have much clue about in a league that i now feel i have a bit knowledge on (unfortunately). with sunderland i probably would have ignored them more

one thing i am struggling on is knowing how to effectively look at the free transfers. i dont want to look online at the best ones to get as would rather try do it on me own but have no idea how to filter out the 99% shit ones

won me 1st game 2-1 away to doncaster. :cool:
Aye. Finding good players that you haven't heard of in real life can be time consuming

Back