Football Manager 2022

So I am in season 7 now and have the following update:
Season 1 - League One champions
Season 2 - Finished 2nd in Championship.... heartbreaking defeat to Southampton on last day of season gifted them the league.
Season 3 - Finished 11th in Prem.
Season 4 - Finished 6th and qualified for Europa League
Season 5 - Finished 5th and won Europa League (beating Juve in final) Also got offered the Real Madrid job but turned it down because you can't get a savoury dip in Madrid.
Season 6 - Won Premier League, Won Champions League appointed England manager won European Super Cup (Board is pleased with my performance B+)

Managed to keep a core of existing Sunderland players in my team (Team that beat PSG for Champions League had Doyle, Alves, Cirkin, Embleton in it)

Now into early stages of Season 7 and starting to lose interest... Nothing left to win apart from the Charity Shield and World Club....

Some cracking players along the way though
Kerr Smith - Dundee Utd (£9m)
Ethan Galbraith - Man Utd (Free)
Philip Billing - Bournemouth (£7.5m)
Joe Bursik - Stoke (£7.75m)
Emanuel Vignato - Bologna (£20m)
Liam Delap - Man City (£2.5) although he got pissy when I wasn't playing him as the right kind of striker and demanded a transfer and Newcastle came in and triggered his release (£75m)
Dane Scarlett - Spurs (£50m) although he was on loan for nothing for two seasons before I made it permanent.

Michael Cuisance - what a player, signed him start of third season for 2.5 mil, has an average rating of 8.22, 14 assists and 5 goals in 21 appearances

Just got this over Christmas. Started a game last night as the lads. Who do people buy / loan in the first season
I’ve just been playing it recently as well. I’ve won the league already and still have 10 games to go.

Haven’t bought anyone as the team is good enough at this level. My star players are Pritchard, Gooch and Stewart.

Dreading next year as I have 5 of my loan players going back so my squad is going to struggle in the championship.

I’ve just been playing it recently as well. I’ve won the league already and still have 10 games to go.

Haven’t bought anyone as the team is good enough at this level. My star players are Pritchard, Gooch and Stewart.

Dreading next year as I have 5 of my loan players going back so my squad is going to struggle in the championship.
Alves Ibsen extends his loan - he is still first team for me in the Champions League.
Broadhead signed permanent for £15k
Lars Dendoncker (Brighton) should be a cheap pickup and comes good.

Dylan Levitt from Man Utd on a free as well as Chalie Wellens. Also Adam Lewis from Liverpool was free. Marques Muir free from Spurs

Alves Ibsen extends his loan - he is still first team for me in the Champions League.
Broadhead signed permanent for £15k
Lars Dendoncker (Brighton) should be a cheap pickup and comes good.

Dylan Levitt from Man Utd on a free as well as Chalie Wellens. Also Adam Lewis from Liverpool was free. Marques Muir free from Spurs
Best part about the game for me is the second season when you can start to strengthen.

Alves has been decent but not a great deal better than wright/Doyle/Willis. They all have an average or close to 7.2.

Broadhead was terrible for me, he ended up with a month long injury in January so I terminated his loan to bring in someone else.

Hi worst season for me was his first in the Premier League where he dropped to 7.12 for the season. Other than that he has been a 7.30-7.45 player per season for me. Loaned him for 3 seasons before buying him near the end of his West Ham contract for £3.6m - His current value is £36-40m

Needed a left footed winger for my first season back in the prem, find plenty of decent looking players, but cant get work permits for any of them. Settle for a young Brazilian called Angelo, he was like my 4th or 5th choice but he can get a work permit so I sign him despite there being apparently better players out there. Sign him for 12 million, couple of days later I click his profile and his transfer value is 80 million before hes kicked a ball :lol: :lol:

Well, into season 3 with Seaham and currently 3rd in Northern Prem (Level 7) on 11 games after 2 consecutive promotions. My squad is dreadful for this level, so once teams figure us out should be a sharp drop.

However, due to almost impossibility to sign anyone good enough and a problem with the custom DB (the National Leagues don't all go back to 24 teams after season 1, it's killed the immersion). I'm kind of losing interest.

Fancy my first ever international save, national team in Africa maybe then look for a club. Don't really want to give up on taking Seaham into the league tho 🤔

Just got this yesterday, usual start as the lads.

Played won 2 out of three in the league, with one being a defeat due to a dodgy red card and penalty against MK Dons. Still nearly pulled it back. Got the red card overturned for the first time in about 15 years of playing.

Signed Ryan Tafazolli, big 6’5 centre back as well as some young winger from Sheff United, Cameron Archer, Tom Bradshaw on loan and Dion Charles.

Ross Stewart banging them in.

I haven't been able to play in the last few weeks because of other commitments taking up time. Finally got to sit down at my computer for a session after work last night and played for three hours. I was SC Herenveen in the Dutch league. Finished 11th first season, 9th the next season and into my third season. Was 3rd in September when I restarted, briefly went 1st in November, then had a bad run of 2 wins in 9 taking us down to 6th leading to getting sacked. Found it strange and very harsh. If I had a poor start to the seasom but got to the halfway point in 6th and in the fight for the European places I would have thought it was a good season so far.

So just got this after years not playing, started a sunderland save....how good is greenwood, got him on loan from leeds and scored 7 in 5 so far with 3 assists, early days i know but he could be a future beast in the game. (Sitting 2nd after 11 games w7 d3 l1)

Finally found my save 🙂

La Nucia in the Spanish 4th tier, ropey start as they got used to tactics and hating my lack of experience but now challenging top 3 halfway. Just has the right feel, although our financial state is not pretty 😳

Last edited:
Pretty much finished my second season with Telford, promoted for the second season running but god knows how! Started the season slowly then hit a brilliant run of form and got up to 4th but then started playing shite for a few months and scraped into the playoffs in 7th but in minging form (I’m blaming the board for not allowing me to go professional for the dip, my players were constantly knackered). Somehow managed to turn in on for the playoffs and won the three games to secure promotion (coming back from 3-0 down in the semi!).

Got the FA trophy final to go tomorrow before I start planning the new season. Lucky I got promoted as I was going to quit at the end of the season as I didn’t think I’d take them any further while semi-pro.

My £25k p/w wage budget isn’t going to go far in league 2 although I’ve got a £480k transfer budget that I probably won’t use much of so I’ll convert that to wages. Going to be a rough season regardless so might jump ship if I get offered a decent job.
So just got this after years not playing, started a sunderland save....how good is greenwood, got him on loan from leeds and scored 7 in 5 so far with 3 assists, early days i know but he could be a future beast in the game. (Sitting 2nd after 11 games w7 d3 l1)
In my Sunderland save I had him on loan 3 seasons running (league 1, champ then prem) and he was class. Couldn’t afford to buy him unfortunately.

Loving my save with La Nucia, two consecutive promotions. Lost out on top spot to Barcelona B (I mean, their squad had players easily Premier League standard, unfair!) Signed Josh Hawkes on a free and converted him to a Deep Lying Forward. Did okay but no great shakes, 10 goals.

Won the playoff, got really into it and was proper celebrating as came back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 in 110th minute in Extra Time.

Up to La Liga 2, first game of the season beat Ponferradina 3-1 with my 3-4-3 (3-2-2-1-2) I've been using from the start. Squad is weak and over budget on wages by £7k per week. Financial situation is fairly dire, so may not continue to be much fun. Will see how the season pans out and if I get any interesting offers.

After 2 promotions I'm not even in the fan's 'favoured personnel' - feeling a bit put out.

Elliot Embleton is doing my nut in. He is still with me in 2027 and a decent squad player (he was part of my league and champions league winning teams last season)... He's on £55k a week and wants to near double his money to £105k a week and I just can't... I mean I have the budget, but £105k a week for Embo?? I mean Dan Neil is only on £77k

Back