Football Manager 2022

What are your players contracts like?

I was a bit like this at Chester after losing in the playoffs, then I noticed every single one of my players was out of contract end of season so I wanted to stay and rebuild. Glad I did now, built a class team 15 points clear at the top of the National League North and beaten two League One and one Championship club in the FA Cup - in the hat for the fourth round now!
Most of them out of contract, probably only a few I’d actually like to keep as the rest are nowhere near conference level. Before we stayed up I couldn’t get anyone to renew, even the rubbish players were refusing to sign new contracts, I only tried to offer some of them contracts out of sheer desperation. :lol:

God this premier league season is rubbish, I'm shite! :lol: 12 games in and I'm 17th, on a run of 4 straight draws, before that were 3 straight defeats. I've barely scored all season and had to swap an ACM for a DCM to try and stop losing matches but now I score even less. :lol:

Got Harrogate flying after taking over mid last season can only see a injury crisis stopping us or maybe someone activating Ellis Simms £550k release clause. Some quality players for this level in Simms, Banks, Wright, Simons and Garbutt

Logon or register to see this image

This is the first version I haven't bought since it started all those years ago. Is it worth getting, is there that much difference between 21 and 22?

This is the first version I haven't bought since it started all those years ago. Is it worth getting, is there that much difference between 21 and 22?
I wasn’t going to, but as I have Xbox Ultimate I got it for free. Really happy that I did, enjoying the game again.

Season 1 Sunderland. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, won by the league by 1 point.
Sold: Bailey Wright, Aiden O'Brien, Mcgeady, O'Nien and Flanagan. (all big earners)

Brought in another 3 loans Elanga from Man U, Tyler Magliore (DC) from Blackburn with £100k future fee (beast) and Josh Harrop (AMC)

Bought Michael Rose and Julian Dacosta from coventry for combined £110k and Malachi Fagan Walcott from Spurs £70k plus add ons.

Stewart, Neil, Cirkin, Pritchard, Gooch, Dajaku, Hoffman, Embleton all played above 7 av rating.
Stewart scored 38 goals in 41 games, Elanga 18 Goals 12 assists, Embleton and Neil both assisted 9 each, Cirkin and Pritchard with 7 assists.
The hoff keeping 26 clean sheets in 58 games too.
KLD offers £2.8m budget for the championship.

Season 2
Keeping same formation albeit slight adjustments towards a 4-4-2 formation. Finished 13th in the championship.
Sold: Sohna, Willis, Burge, Gooch, Hawkes, Corry Evans, Winchester which gave me a total transfer budget off £4.8m)

Brought in: 3 Bayern II players. Hoffman £250k, Zirkzee £1m and Malik Tilman £175k. Had a right carryon getting work permit for Hoff.
Also Steve Cook from Bournemouth £180k (New captain)
Reece Devine from Man Utd £100k
Emiliano Marcondes from Brentford £400k
Jamie Allen from Coventry £80k
Loans: Nikolaj Moller from Arsenal
Free transfers: Jay Rodriguez, Christian Walton, Joe Rothwell, Luke Bolton.

A decent mix of experience and youth after promoting Almond, Younger, and Kachosa.

Stewart had his head turned and wanted a transfer which didn't arise hence he only played 10 games scoring 4. Moller and Zirkzee scored 22 between them and Neil managed 8 goals and 13 assists. Pritchard utilised as a Right winger was awesome.

KLD end of season delighted we avoided relegation and only offered £5m for next seasons budget. Dirty Leeds who were relegated in season 1 failed to gain automatic promotion and lost in the playoff final to Cardiff offered me the job with a £90m transfer kitty but with no top names and anyone decent wanting to leave. Job accepted. Season 3 write up to follow.

What is the Xbox version like of this? Is it as stripped back as the mobile version or a mixture of the pc and mobile?
On nightshifts the next 4 and still working from home so thinking about downloading.

Probably a daft question but I have games pass ultimate, can i get the full version on pc with it or just the xbox version?
PC Version. Load the Xbox app on your pc and just search FM22 and there it is in both Xbox and PC version.
What is the Xbox version like of this? Is it as stripped back as the mobile version or a mixture of the pc and mobile?
On nightshifts the next 4 and still working from home so thinking about downloading.
I found it unplayable to be honest. It's slow and clunk and having to use a controller to navigate the screens made it more of a pain in the arse than i was prepared for

Last edited:

An absolutely mad season in the Conference as three teams incuding us hit 100 points. Wrexham's 91 points would've seen them win any other league this season, but was only good enough for 4th.

As with always in the lower leagues all it takes is nearly half of a team of loans from higher divisions and a small amount of free transfers to build a good squad. We started quite slowly but stormed the second half of the season with 19 wins out of 23. We played Southend in the first semi-final and made it through on penalties, the final against Notts County was a more comfortable affair. After going 1-0 down we recovered to 1-1 at half time and then smashed them second half to win 5-1. Team turns professional next season being a league club and I guess we'll probably look for another promotion.

Season 1 Sunderland. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, won by the league by 1 point.
Sold: Bailey Wright, Aiden O'Brien, Mcgeady, O'Nien and Flanagan. (all big earners)

Brought in another 3 loans Elanga from Man U, Tyler Magliore (DC) from Blackburn with £100k future fee (beast) and Josh Harrop (AMC)

Bought Michael Rose and Julian Dacosta from coventry for combined £110k and Malachi Fagan Walcott from Spurs £70k plus add ons.

Stewart, Neil, Cirkin, Pritchard, Gooch, Dajaku, Hoffman, Embleton all played above 7 av rating.
Stewart scored 38 goals in 41 games, Elanga 18 Goals 12 assists, Embleton and Neil both assisted 9 each, Cirkin and Pritchard with 7 assists.
The hoff keeping 26 clean sheets in 58 games too.
KLD offers £2.8m budget for the championship.

Season 2
Keeping same formation albeit slight adjustments towards a 4-4-2 formation. Finished 13th in the championship.
Sold: Sohna, Willis, Burge, Gooch, Hawkes, Corry Evans, Winchester which gave me a total transfer budget off £4.8m)

Brought in: 3 Bayern II players. Hoffman £250k, Zirkzee £1m and Malik Tilman £175k. Had a right carryon getting work permit for Hoff.
Also Steve Cook from Bournemouth £180k (New captain)
Reece Devine from Man Utd £100k
Emiliano Marcondes from Brentford £400k
Jamie Allen from Coventry £80k
Loans: Nikolaj Moller from Arsenal
Free transfers: Jay Rodriguez, Christian Walton, Joe Rothwell, Luke Bolton.

A decent mix of experience and youth after promoting Almond, Younger, and Kachosa.

Stewart had his head turned and wanted a transfer which didn't arise hence he only played 10 games scoring 4. Moller and Zirkzee scored 22 between them and Neil managed 8 goals and 13 assists. Pritchard utilised as a Right winger was awesome.

KLD end of season delighted we avoided relegation and only offered £5m for next seasons budget. Dirty Leeds who were relegated in season 1 failed to gain automatic promotion and lost in the playoff final to Cardiff offered me the job with a £90m transfer kitty but with no top names and anyone decent wanting to leave. Job accepted. Season 3 write up to follow.
Season 3 Leeds United manager and expected to gain automatic promotion with a £90m Budget. Playing a new formation of Tiki taka 4-3-3 Narrow with no wingers.
Leeds already sold Raphina, Cooper, Phillips, Klich, Llorente, Mccalmont, Strujik, Firpo and Koch when they were first relegated.

First day in the job and had a queue of players wanting to leave the club, Stuart Dallas, Patrick Bamford, Dan James, Rodrigo and Meslier all moaning.

Managed to talk Bamford, Rodrigo and Meslier into staying as long as I gain promotion this year. Didnt really wanna blow the budget as Im trying to keep money back for next year,

Players out
Dan James (Palace) £17.5m
Stuart Dallas (Norwich) £15m
Jack Harrison (everton) £21m
Luke Ayling (Fiorentina) £5m
Helder Costa (Rapid Vienna £2.5m)

Players in
Nketiah (Arsenal) £13m
O' Connell (sheff utd) £2.5m
Rodek (fulham) £500k
Tyrick Mitchell (palace) £20m
Rob Holding (arsenal) agreed fee after loan £10.75m
Matt Smith (man city) free
AGUSTIN ALVAREZ (PENAROL) £2.5M (POSSIBLY MY GREATEST EVER SIGNING IN 25 YEARS OF FOOTY MANAGER
Colin Dagba (PSG) £700k
Logan Pye (man u) £400k
Tayo Adaramola (Palace) Loan
John Fleck (sheff utd) free
Steven Sessegnon (Fulham) £825k
Bright Arrey-Mbi (Bayern) £300k He is gonna be a brilliant signing and partners up well with Cresswell
Mickael Cuisance (Bayern) £700k
Enzo Le fee (FC lorient) £9.5m (Future Michel Platini)

Now In January window sitting top of the league on 75 points and only lost 2 games. As mentioned Alvarez is a monster and banging them in for fun 27 goals in 23 games so far.
The new tactic is working well with a 7-0 opening game win over Fulham. 7-3
Big wins over Peterborough, Barnsley, Bournemouth, Forest, Coventry, Sunderland, West brom, Brentford, Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd followed. Despite Having no wingers Im performing brilliantly, Manager of the month on 4 occasions.

Looking to pad the u23's team out with decent young players in this window who will hopefully progress into next seasons squad in the premiership and allow me to register 25 decent players. Looking at italy, Germany, France, Portugal teams for any available u23 players for decent price tags.
Leeds young players are all improving week upon week, rotating Charlie Cresswell, Joe Geldhart, Bogusz, Jamie Shackleton, Lewis Bate, Sam Greenwood getting good game time.

(Season 3 Part write up to follow)

KLD is pissing me off.....
Season 1: Won the league with 114 points with minimal spend while fixing our troubled right back issue (Dacosta from Coventry) and rewarded with this by being given a whopping £5m to spend in Championship
Season 2: Runner Up after losing to champions Southampton on last day of season, finished with 99 points, Given £24m to spend on new players
Season 3: Told no more money available despite watching the cash roll in from Premier League (oh and how bad are Sunderland's marketing dept in this game), and he just announced he is upping the capacity to 61k spending nearly £60m on the additional 12k seats... Give me that cash to invest in the team and I'll make you the money to pay for the expansion when its needed..

Spurs are interested in me for their manager job, its tempting to stop 'shopping at Aldi and go to Waitrose'

KLD is pissing me off.....
Season 1: Won the league with 114 points with minimal spend while fixing our troubled right back issue (Dacosta from Coventry) and rewarded with this by being given a whopping £5m to spend in Championship
Season 2: Runner Up after losing to champions Southampton on last day of season, finished with 99 points, Given £24m to spend on new players
Season 3: Told no more money available despite watching the cash roll in from Premier League (oh and how bad are Sunderland's marketing dept in this game), and he just announced he is upping the capacity to 61k spending nearly £60m on the additional 12k seats... Give me that cash to invest in the team and I'll make you the money to pay for the expansion when its needed..

Spurs are interested in me for their manager job, its tempting to stop 'shopping at Aldi and go to Waitrose'
Hahaha same dilemma almost. I went to waitrose 🤣

Hahaha same dilemma almost. I went to waitrose 🤣
I was the 4-1 favorite for the job, KLD had the club issue a statement hoping that I would stay given my achievements. Spurs fans excited by my arrival... In the end I never even got an interview... Carlo Ancelotti got the job.

Back