Football Manager 2021

Started a save with Deportivo La Coruna

3 seasons in and a pretty straight forward return to La Liga promoted via the play offs in first season and finished runners up in Liga Segunda. Was given £8m to spend and done some very good business

Thiago Almada
Willem Geubbels
Federico Sosa
Nils Mortimer (loan from Barca)
Inaki Pena
Also got Adam Hlozek coming in on a free from Sparta Prague in January :)

Pedro Diaz & Nacho Mendez both from Gijon they've got some canny players picked up Peyalo Morilla and Pablo Garcia (Spurs sniffing around him) from them too in the previous season

We've made a fine start to life back in La Liga after 12 games W8 D3 L1 only defeat away to Barca, currently 4th :cool:

Last edited:

Well my initial aim with Lyon has been achieved, qualification for the Champions League has been secured. However my late season form has seen us almost concede the title to PSG. Since PSG drew with Strasbourg and I went 2 points clear my form has been patchy.

Nice (A) - 3-2 defeat, I was 2-0 up at half time and Nice were superb in the 2nd half.
Brest (H) - 2-1 win
L'Orient (H) - 0-0 frustrating, they were bottom of the table and went down to 10 men early on, I just couldnt score, ended up with nearly 40 shots and about 6 on target :lol:
Monaco (A) - 2-2, back and forth game but happy with a point, Monaco are 4th.
Metz (H) - 5-1 win, Metz are bottom of the table and despite them going a goal up we destroyed them.

So currently we sit 2nd, cant finish any lower and we are 3 points behind PSG with 2 games to go. Cant see them slipping up. Already got budgets for my 2nd season and been given £16 million, no where near enough to try and overtake PSG, Im going to have to sell to buy. Memphis Depay (who has been superb) wants 130k a week to renew his contract which is up at the end of the season. At the minute the maximum I can give him is 97k, ill have to check when the season is over and run the risk of him leaving for nowt. It will get about 80k off the wage bill though.

Just lost to Norwich who’ve ended my 127 game streak without a loss in the league :evil: 3 consecutive league titles, 2 consecutive champions league wins though. And the board still won’t increase ground capacity. Cheapskates. Year is 2028. Signed tyrese Campbell from Stoke in my first premier league season and he’s never scored less than 16 in a PL season, and rattled 39 in in his first year:-O Always play 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards, attacking midfield, DLP and box to box.

also the mags are in the championship abby have been wallowing in there for years

By the time you export all stats to excel, you can then create a scoring system that gives you a score for each position/role

Once I realised I could do this, I couldn't see any point in not just using one that already existed - FM Scout. That's all it is (with the hidden stats shown too of course)

Just put a regen up for loan. He had a pretty poor season last season so wanted to send him out to develop. The clubs who want to loan him have given me second thoughts though, maybe he is already good enough if these clubs want him on loan :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Just put a regen up for loan. He had a pretty poor season last season so wanted to send him out to develop. The clubs who want to loan him have given me second thoughts though, maybe he is already good enough if these clubs want him on loan :lol:
Valencia are right money bags. Beat me in europa final as well. Kettering Town rule the world but I haven’t been on for a couple of weeks.

All my scouts and coaches absolutely rave about this guy and are convinced he's the best CB at the club, but I don't feel like he's good enough with only 10 tackling, 11 marking and 12 positioning. Is there something I'm missing? He's had 2 seasons with me now and he got average ratings of 6.82 and 6.83, and his stats have barely improved over 2 years despite being so young

All my scouts and coaches absolutely rave about this guy and are convinced he's the best CB at the club, but I don't feel like he's good enough with only 10 tackling, 11 marking and 12 positioning. Is there something I'm missing? He's had 2 seasons with me now and he got average ratings of 6.82 and 6.83, and his stats have barely improved over 2 years despite being so young

I’d probably be retraining his position

Looks a top notch CDM to me

The 2107/08 season was a cracker for Dynamo Dresden.

P34 W31 D2 L1 F122 A22 GD+100 PTS 95

Broke a fair few records along the way.

Most points in a Bundesliga season, now the team with the most Bundesliga titles (37) and the most consecutive wins in the league (20) - currently still active as we've won the first game of the following season.

My striker broke the Dynamo goals in a season record with 57 (32 league), my winger broke the league record for assists (35) and the club record for assists (43). Not exactly a record, but my centre back scored 20 league goals :eek:

We won our 15th Champions League anarl.

Anyone ever seen a random u23 regen become a teams favourite personal?

This lads signed for brighton never played a game and is in the u18s.. yet he's fell into that box somehow ahaha.

Yeah, the rest of your squad is crap.

I agree with the other two posters that he looks a better DM than CB but even then he's got some significant weaknesses (tackling, positioning, vision, team work, work rate). Personally I'd be looking to move him on and replace him with better. There's wonderkids and there's 'wonderkids'.

Yeah, the rest of your squad is crap.

I agree with the other two posters that he looks a better DM than CB but even then he's got some significant weaknesses (tackling, positioning, vision, team work, work rate). Personally I'd be looking to move him on and replace him with better. There's wonderkids and there's 'wonderkids'.
The rest of my squad are mostly quality regens, the guy in the screenshot is currently out on loan at Barcelona :lol:

Just bought this and started as SAFC (of course)

Here we go again...
yep same old shite. A mixture of 25 yard blockbusters..long ball over the top or...defensive errors. We'll see how the season ends and then it's probably getting uninstalled again.

NOT using anyone else's tactics, training. syste,s etc etc
Update and this might cheer some of you up. SACKED after 19 matches=152 days...So, this is the 1st time I have ever failed with a fresh install of any version of FM. On my FM19 save. SAFC have over 700m in the bank so wtf has happened to this game? I see a lot of comments on here about the domestic league being easy. How's tactics? and training schedules are you sing? YOUTUBE tactics? etc haha

I'm a bit stunned by how harsh that was and listen. I know how to play the game, I just will not resort to expolits...if the game can't be won honestly then fuck the game. I'll go kill some zombies.

Last edited:

Back