Football Manager 2021

Might be a daft question, but will the laptops from currys/ao around the £300 be fine for Footy manager? As long as they've got at least 8gb Ram?

My current laptop is about 6yr old only has 4gb Ram and is on its way out. It can play the new footy manager but is a bit slow and I can only have the basic database

Started a save with FC Thun in Switzerland and done the double, got promoted winning the league and beat Basel 2-0 in the final.

Recruiting for the top division and the expectation is to try and stay up through the relegation play-off. Going to try and get the top half- just signed Kyle Bartley from WBA and the board aren’t happy saying he isn’t good enough, strange. Really enjoying this save but finding it difficult to find good players. Pellegri on loan from Monaco and Greenwood from Leeds have been sensational, but it’s difficult to remain competitive when Young Boys and Basel are paying big money for Swiss players to meet the quota.

Just signed Ryan Wintle from Crewe on a free, building the team round him- if this goes good I’ll be buying a FC Thun top very soon

Might be a daft question, but will the laptops from currys/ao around the £300 be fine for Footy manager? As long as they've got at least 8gb Ram?

My current laptop is about 6yr old only has 4gb Ram and is on its way out. It can play the new footy manager but is a bit slow and I can only have the basic database
tbh, £50 on ram and £100 on an 1tb SSD, and your laptop will probably be better than it ever was, and at about as good as a £300 from a retailer.
£15 extra for a USB HDD caddy, and you have an excellent offline backup of all your data too.

tbh, £50 on ram and £100 on an 1tb SSD, and your laptop will probably be better than it ever was, and at about as good as a £300 from a retailer.
£15 extra for a USB HDD caddy, and you have an excellent offline backup of all your data too.
Nee idea what that means! I'm guessing it involves taking it to bits and adding things inside?

I'm finding it to be the complete opposite, I'm not having to search manually for players any more because my scouts are consistently bringing me 17, 18, 19 year old wonderkids who want to join me and have a very small release clause in their contracts. Have you spent time hiring and expanding your recruitment team? The recruitment team you start with (as Sunderland) is arse. Hire the best scouts and analysts you can and send them to scout their home countries. A large portion of my youngsters are Argentinian, if you can only scout one country, scout Argentina.

Got loads mate scouting every region of the world haha

Argentina regens have been shite but I only added Argentina and Brazil as leagues once I got to the prem so maybe I'm a few years behind

8GB of RAM is more than enough. I'm sure Steam's recommendation is 4gb.

Edit: It is. You can see what they recommend for all the other specs too on there. Football Manager 2021 on Steam

Started a save with FC Thun in Switzerland and done the double, got promoted winning the league and beat Basel 2-0 in the final.

Recruiting for the top division and the expectation is to try and stay up through the relegation play-off. Going to try and get the top half- just signed Kyle Bartley from WBA and the board aren’t happy saying he isn’t good enough, strange. Really enjoying this save but finding it difficult to find good players. Pellegri on loan from Monaco and Greenwood from Leeds have been sensational, but it’s difficult to remain competitive when Young Boys and Basel are paying big money for Swiss players to meet the quota.

Just signed Ryan Wintle from Crewe on a free, building the team round him- if this goes good I’ll be buying a FC Thun top very soon
Update on this.

Halfway through the second season and currently 3rd. Got a good team with Dion Sanderson, Kyle Bartley of WBA and Sam Greenwood (on loan) doing well. Was expected to battle for relegation but in the European places. Went out in qualifiers third round of Europa League, beat Valencia 2-1 at home but got hammered 4-0 away.

Young Boys have a huge budget, spending £3-£4 million whilst I look at developing players for £500K-£1million but going to have a coaching clear out and need two/three good players to challenge next season.

Knocked back the Valladolid and Schalke jobs and they both signed my best loan players on permanent deals so a bit of a spanner in the world.

Update on this.

Halfway through the second season and currently 3rd. Got a good team with Dion Sanderson, Kyle Bartley of WBA and Sam Greenwood (on loan) doing well. Was expected to battle for relegation but in the European places. Went out in qualifiers third round of Europa League, beat Valencia 2-1 at home but got hammered 4-0 away.

Young Boys have a huge budget, spending £3-£4 million whilst I look at developing players for £500K-£1million but going to have a coaching clear out and need two/three good players to challenge next season.

Knocked back the Valladolid and Schalke jobs and they both signed my best loan players on permanent deals so a bit of a spanner in the world.

Sounds like a good save that mate Why Thun out of interest?

Finished second season with FC Thun and finished in 3rd. Good season as I was expected to battle against relegation but the gap between St Gallen and Young Boys was top big but I’ve been given €6million and €65K a week for next season. Got Niall Ennis joining as I know how highly rated he is on FM but couldn’t stop my young gk joining Reading for €750K
How do people go about getting good regens?

Last edited:
Currently top with Thun after 12 games, won 9 and have the best defence so always helps and managed to get Sam Greenwood on loan again and he’s coming of age. In the UEFA Conference League I’m top of the group beating Olympiakos and Rosenberg in the process so hopefully get a nice draw in the first knockout stage. Not enjoyed a save like this in a while but struggling to get Swiss players that are good enough to help challenge

Currently top of the league with Lyon, I was expecting a bigger challenge and im surprised PSG havent been as dominant. Im 4 points clear of PSG. I havent lost yet, won 14 and drawn 2. Memphis Depay is an absolute machine up front and has already scored 16. Enjoying it though, and I think Lyon not being in any European competition is helping a lot. Ive already beaten PSG at home (3-1) and 3rd place Marseille at home (4-1).

Currently top of the league with Lyon, I was expecting a bigger challenge and im surprised PSG havent been as dominant. Im 4 points clear of PSG. I havent lost yet, won 14 and drawn 2. Memphis Depay is an absolute machine up front and has already scored 16. Enjoying it though, and I think Lyon not being in any European competition is helping a lot. Ive already beaten PSG at home (3-1) and 3rd place Marseille at home (4-1).
Interesting that considering how big the gap is, how you finding it? Fancy a Marseille one soon so will keep an eye out for your posts. You managed to tie Depay down for a new contract? Seen a few people jump on him in the game as soon as there’s an option for a pre contract agreement

Interesting that considering how big the gap is, how you finding it? Fancy a Marseille one soon so will keep an eye out for your posts. You managed to tie Depay down for a new contract? Seen a few people jump on him in the game as soon as there’s an option for a pre contract agreement
Unfortunatly not, hes just not interested as other clubs are showing interest in him. It looks like he will be going for nowt in the summer but if he can get me into the Champions League I should be able to replace him. Im enjoying the save like. PSG are coming into form now and if I slip up they will only be a point behind and ive still got them to play at their place.

Back