Football Manager 2021

Got promoted to the Championship with the lads and for the first time ever Ive been taken over by a Saudi tycoon! £12 million to spend in the Championship, biggest amount of money Ive ever had in that league. Bank balance has gone from about £8 million to £44 million :eek:

As a a quick tip try and get Mehmet Ekici, hes a free transfer at the start of the game, hes 30 but he was my player of the season in League 1. Also picked up Halilovic from Birmingham in the January transfer window, I think he was a wonderkid on previous versions of the game and he is like a mini Modric.

Got two class wonderkids but there both playing shite

Is this normal or are maybe there hidden stats preventing them from doing well?

Is there an adjustment period as both are only in their first season and play every week and there stats are still improving

I've no idea what save you're playing, but wonderkid is just someone under 21 who has a current ability of over 140 as far as I know. The lower end of that scale is probably an upper championship or lower Prem player. That will be in their correct position playing in their preferred way as well.

Potential Ability defines a wonderkid.

Current ability only defines the length of time it will take to develop, someone who starts at 140 will obviously be alot quick to develop than someone who's at 70.

I've no idea what save you're playing, but wonderkid is just someone under 21 who has a current ability of over 140 as far as I know. The lower end of that scale is probably an upper championship or lower Prem player. That will be in their correct position playing in their preferred way as well.

Wonderkids in question should be top 6 players but recieving ratings of 6.5 or lower

Got an inside forward with at least 15 in most attributes, 17 dribbling, first touch, technique, passing and 20 flair

Got a DLP as good as Lewis Wing and his current ability is 3 stars with another 2 stars to come, Lewis Wing plays well for me though

Potential Ability defines a wonderkid.

Current ability only defines the length of time it will take to develop, someone who starts at 140 will obviously be alot quick to develop than someone who's at 70.
It’s both actually. Wonderkids are players with a CA over 140 and CA over 160 (I think) but also dependent on reputation and to an extent personality.

You might have a player at a league 2 team who has a high PA but is only a promising midfielder. Same player moves to United and gets some game time will become a wonderkid once he reaches a certain CA and reputation

It’s both actually. Wonderkids are players with a CA over 140 and CA over 160 (I think) but also dependent on reputation and to an extent personality.

You might have a player at a league 2 team who has a high PA but is only a promising midfielder. Same player moves to United and gets some game time will become a wonderkid once he reaches a certain CA and reputation

That's because the league 2 club doesn't have the facilities to reach the players maximum potential. Average etc youth/training facilities cap out at a certain number, I don't know what the exact number is.

CA can be any number, I used Harry Kane religiously in early FM's on all my Irish saves as he does qualified via the granny rule, back before he broke into the first team his CA was always low, like 60's but his PA was 180+ but because he was at Spurs with proper facilities he always reached the 180 and became a god in my Irish national team saves.
FM15 was where you could win the World Cup with Ireland with extremely low CA English players with extremely high PA and have them switch before they became 1st team and were recognised.

Last edited:
So inspired by @Flash Gordon I took on Cork City, an Irish team with good routes that has okay facilities and has underachieved over the last few years. It’s been a tough few year, they’ve went into admin and were bought by the fans, but still got relegated last season.

First season won the league comfortably and only lost once. The board only wanted the play offs and managed to excel, signed a few young Irish players from English clubs on loan, and went 4-1-2-2-1 with pace down the wings and trying to be direct, whilst also being to get the ball down and play. Second season there’s 6 games left and I’m currently sitting in 4th, Shamrock have won the league but I’m only 2 points behind St Patrick’s in second, and I’m level with Dundalk in third with a game in hand.

Managed to get En-Neyah, a young Irish forward from Forest on loan, scored 17 in 15 first season and now he’s the divisions top goalscorer. He ran down his contract at Forest and he accepted a 2 year deal, couldn’t believe it. Also managed to get a young Irish centre back from Ipswich on loan and then permanent and Jose Baxter on a free playing as a deep lying playmaker, but I have managed to get a young cm from Man Utd on a free who will probably be one of the best at this level. Sean Scannell is on the left but has been very poor so need a replacement, as he’s not doing enough.

Going to try and win the league next season but I need a new coaching set up and about 5 new players, in all it’s a struggle playing against Shamrock who have managed to sign Will Keane from Wigan so they’re the giants I need to topple. The plan is to develop young players and to sell them on, and being to continuously do this but also being to recruit good Irish players with the money generated. Good start but enjoying the save and still a lot of work to do

As a a quick tip try and get Mehmet Ekici, hes a free transfer at the start of the game, hes 30 but he was my player of the season in League 1.

He was unreal for me in both league 1 and championship seasons, 7.45 and 7.43 average ratings, but his physical stats had declined too much by the time I reached the prem, was rubbish in every game and then didn't qualify for a new work permit and I had to release him :lol:

Well the Colombian league is an absolute cluster fuck. :lol:

So the league is split into 2 halves like many latin American leagues. You play 20 games in a half season (20 team league, you play your rivals twice) and if you finish in the top 8, you then qualify for a playoffs type situation. The playoffs however is 2 leagues of 4 and you play home and away. The winner of each group then meets in a final to decide the Champion. So when you look at the winners of the Colombian League, you get 2 a season, the winner of each final. However. there's also a combined league and all team talks etc. seem to be about winning that competition (even though you get no trophy or title). Then the winners of each half, play in another trophy, I guess to decide the overall Champions, but it's more of a super cup and no-one is bothered about the result. Oh, and relegation seems to be decided on a ridiculous system of average points over 3 years - which means in theory you could win the title and be relegated in the same season. :lol:

My record remains intact though - a title win in every season I've been a manager. I managed to comfortably win the 2nd half of the season, winning 17 of my 20 games. I then won my group stage and beat Envigado in the final 7-0 over 2 legs. 28 games to win half a season :lol: Every cup match is 2 legs as well and I was knocked out in the semi finals. I've worked it out that to win the treble (1st and 2nd half of the season plus the cup) would be a 66 game season, and that's before factoring in continental competition.

There is plenty to like about the team itself though. The whole Colombian league is full of young talent and my team is full of it. I signed 2 or 3 17 year olds who play every game. I also finished with the top scorer in the division, 18 year old Jonny Solano who scored 30 goals. Talent seems cheap enough to sign, but they all seem to insist on release clauses to foreign clubs of around the £2m mark so there will be a lot of turnover.

It was nice to win the title with Junior FC and I will probably continue, but it's a hell of a slog.

I change formations depending on the players I have available at clubs. This season I seemed to find success with a 4-4-1-1 with direct balls into the channels for my fast striker and I've just tinkered with it slightly in games when needed.
Similar to mine. Had massive success this FM with direct instructions and pacey wingers. Also had a great long throw tactic but not as effective since the update

Back