Football Manager 2021

I’ve just started playing on the Xbox version but on my laptop. I simply don’t have the time or energy to micromanage all the stuff in the pc version. I actually prefer it over the main game. Much quicker to get through a season.

Best of both worlds as you can still play with keyboard/mouse and all of the crap I hate is missing. No need to cuddle players to keep them happy, no team talks, staff are slimmed down, training is much lighter and much less press interaction.

It feels like the earlier championship manager games I used to play in the 90s/ 2000s. Now my only wish is to be able to build a stadium like in LMA. I know it’s not truly a managers task but it’s fun. That’s what it should be all about and as long as the purists can turn it off then it won’t matter.

You mean it's easier 😉

On a previous save I loaned Ethan Laird from Man Utd and he played every game at right back but Solskjaer kept on whinging that I wasnt playing him in the wing back attack role. His stats were going up and he was getting plenty of game time. They terminated the loan in January and he never played again that season, apart from reserve games :lol:
I thought it may have been a bug.

The chairwoman Natalie Christopher has insisted as the clubs philosophy next season is to play direct football and 5 year plan is all about being a championship club. I'm hoping another takeover happens before I have to jump ship or they sack me

I’ve just started playing on the Xbox version but on my laptop. I simply don’t have the time or energy to micromanage all the stuff in the pc version. I actually prefer it over the main game. Much quicker to get through a season.

Best of both worlds as you can still play with keyboard/mouse and all of the crap I hate is missing. No need to cuddle players to keep them happy, no team talks, staff are slimmed down, training is much lighter and much less press interaction.

It feels like the earlier championship manager games I used to play in the 90s/ 2000s. Now my only wish is to be able to build a stadium like in LMA. I know it’s not truly a managers task but it’s fun. That’s what it should be all about and as long as the purists can turn it off then it won’t matter.
How do you do this like mate?
Ive just downloaded it from gamespass to have a go at it on xbox like, but not played any version of FM for over 10 years id say:eek:

How do you do this like mate?
Ive just downloaded it from gamespass to have a go at it on xbox like, but not played any version of FM for over 10 years id say:eek:
Download the Xbox app from the windows store and sign in with your Xbox account. You will have the option to install games in the gamepass section with FM 21 Xbox edition being one of them. Works like a charm!

I thought it may have been a bug.

The chairwoman Natalie Christopher has insisted as the clubs philosophy next season is to play direct football and 5 year plan is all about being a championship club. I'm hoping another takeover happens before I have to jump ship or they sack me

Ive started again with the lads after the winter update. In my previous attempt I got promoted in 2nd behind Hull, who were absolutely dominant, I think I finished about 18 points behind them and my Championship season was disastrous. I got taken over but got about £1 million to spend, the squad was appalling and I didnt stand a chance. In my new save Im going to take my time and look for players myself instead of relying on online lists of potential signings. Ive loaded up a few different leagues too.

Ive started again with the lads after the winter update. In my previous attempt I got promoted in 2nd behind Hull, who were absolutely dominant, I think I finished about 18 points behind them and my Championship season was disastrous. I got taken over but got about £1 million to spend, the squad was appalling and I didnt stand a chance. In my new save Im going to take my time and look for players myself instead of relying on online lists of potential signings. Ive loaded up a few different leagues too.
Wish my laptop was good enough to handle multiple leagues.
Got a young Czech keeper from man u on loan for league 1 and championship. Also got Sam greenwood on loan with option of buying

Josh Martin
Ricky Jade Jones
Lewis Wing
Mitch Clark
Ferry from Southampton

All come highly recommended from me for the lads

I've decided that I'm going to go one more season full intensity with Hammarby to try and make a Champions League run. This was partly encouraged because Spurs (the team that knocked me out in the QF this season) went on to win the competition, so maybe I'm closer than I think.

I'm making some strides in bringing the Swedish league up the rankings too. It's currently considered the 8th best league in Europe behind the big 5, Portugal and Holland (who have always been 6 and 7). Passing big money leagues like Turkey and Russia is a big achievement. The result is that the European places in Sweden are improving - When I first started this save, Sweden had 1 Champions League qualifier who started in the Preliminary rounds and 2 Europa League teams in the qualifiers. We now have 6 European places!! 2 of them are in the Europa Conference League (the new third competition), 1 goes automatically into the Group Stage of the Europa League and amazingly 3 Swedish teams will compete in the Champions League, 2 of which will go straight into the group stages. Hopefully, the extra cash flowing around the league will increase the quality.

As for Hammarby, you can see the current ranking in the coefficients below. Not bad to be better than Real Madrid over the last 5 years.

Logon or register to see this image

After this next push to win the Champions League, I'm not sure what I'll do. Part of me is considering, scaling back, selling all the stars for huge money and trying to win the league with home grown or home developed players. Bur first I will be looking at formations that will get the best out of my £100m star player who is below:

https://ibb.co/JrLSqrd

Definitely in my last season at Hammarby. I'm struggling to get into this final season and my summers are a huge slog because my players are in such huge demand. I'm rejecting somewhere in the region of 500 bids every single summer for my players and it takes hours.

I'm just at the end of the August window now. My league season is effectively over. It's a 30 game season that concludes in November but my record so far is my most dominant to date: P22, W21, D1, L0, GF 70, GA 6, PTS 64

The Champions League Groups have been drawn and I'm in with Real Madrid, Porto and Dynamo Kiev. It looks tricky on paper, but I knocked out Porto and Kiev at the same stage last year so I should get through.

When the January transfer window arrives, I'm going to start arranging some player sales for the summer as I don't trust the AI after I'm gone. It's a strange league this one. Because of the poor quality, I have world class players with values of less than £10m. So I can get a £15m bid for a player from a Lyon or Napoli, then a week later get a £60m bid for the same player from Man City. I suspect the AI would accept the first offer so I'd rather negotiate big deals and leave them with a bank full of money.

I'm not sure exactly where I will manage but it won't be Europe. I'd either get a big club and win everything or get a smaller club and have the same save again. I'm removing the European Leagues and adding the South American and Mexican ones. At this point, all the teams are regens anyway. I'll resign from Hammarby and watch those leagues until I see something that appeals.

Started it up last night, was on about 4 hours just to get to the season start haha, lots to do. 5pts from first 3 games and O'Briens just had a groin tear. In the transfer clause section it says for Pickford that Sunderland will receive £1mil from Everton should they reach the Champions League and for Wickham we'd get £500k if Palace qualify for Europa, any idea if they're actual real life clauses? Be a nice a payout for us if Everton get the job done.

Jason cumming - about 200k
Mo eisa - about 50k
Mehmet ekici - free
Mandi - free
Andre Green - free

Absolutely stormed league 1 with these signings. Free signings take a bit of convincing to join but definitely worth giving them a bit extra to convince them

@Flash Gordon I noticed your wasting hours rejecting bids. If you go onto it you can automatically reject bids for players or below a certain amount

Yeah, I know you can. I should do that on some players to be fair. In a lot of situations though, I need to be aware of what the player wants to do and negotiate to get the highest fee because if I just reject all bids my squad will be fuming.
Yeah, I know you can. I should do that on some players to be fair. In a lot of situations though, I need to be aware of what the player wants to do and negotiate to get the highest fee because if I just reject all bids my squad will be fuming.

Well after 12 seasons, my Hammarby career is over. I thrashed Man Utd 6-1 in the first knockout stage of the Champions League which led me to think I had a chance, but Barcelona absolutely demolished me 7-3 over 2 legs in the Quarter Finals.

I've resigned after 572 games in charge, winning 80% of them. 12 league titles won, 11 domestic cups and a Europa League trophy. I leave Hammarby with a 44,750 seater stadium that they fill weekly, start of the art training and youth facilities, just shy of £200m in the bank and 4 world class players. Pretty good save that.

I'm going to holiday for a year as my South American Leagues come into play and my European ones disappear, and then I'll decide what my next move will be.

Last edited:

Well after 12 seasons, my Hammarby career is over. I thrashed Man Utd 6-1 in the first knockout stage of the Champions League which led me to think I had a chance, but Barcelona absolutely demolished me 7-3 over 2 legs in the Quarter Finals.

I've resigned after 572 games in charge, winning 80% of them. 12 league titles won, 11 domestic cups and a Europa League trophy. I leave Hammarby with a 44,750 seater stadium that they fill weekly, start of the art training and youth facilities, just shy of £200m in the bank and 4 world class players. Pretty good save that.

I'm going to holiday for a year as my South American Leagues come into play and my European ones disappear, and then I'll decide what my next move will be.
Enjoyed reading your updates mate. Hopefully you can continue the save on with a different challenge.

Started a new game on the Winter update with Dortmund. Had a strange first season. Won the Bundesliga but lost the German Cup final 4-2 to Second Division St Pauli and also lost in the Semi final of the Champions League to Porto. I beat them away 2-1 but got beat 4-2 at home.

Brought in Odsonne Eduoard, Alfredo Morelos,Kaio Jorge and some Greek left back. Also got that Moukoko who is 15/16 and his stats are unreal. Haaland is easily the best striker I’ve used on the game as well but can’t see me keeping him for the next season.

Already got Pau Torres coming in a centre half for next season and Loris Karius as back up. Got lots of interest in my players so I’d expect I’d lose a few

Started a new game on the Winter update with Dortmund. Had a strange first season. Won the Bundesliga but lost the German Cup final 4-2 to Second Division St Pauli and also lost in the Semi final of the Champions League to Porto. I beat them away 2-1 but got beat 4-2 at home.

Brought in Odsonne Eduoard, Alfredo Morelos,Kaio Jorge and some Greek left back. Also got that Moukoko who is 15/16 and his stats are unreal. Haaland is easily the best striker I’ve used on the game as well but can’t see me keeping him for the next season.

Already got Pau Torres coming in a centre half for next season and Loris Karius as back up. Got lots of interest in my players so I’d expect I’d lose a few

That Moukoko has the highest potential possible, he becomes the best player footy manager has ever seen

Last edited:
Started one with Cork City. Expected the play-offs and 3 points clear after 12 games in the first division. 4-1-2-2-1 tactic with early crossing and direct wingers working a treat.

Back