Football Manager 2021

Work permits really are a pain, missed out on quite a few loans because of this and i've had to make do with quite a small squad in the Prem.
Bought in Ben Woodburn (£6m from Stoke), Josh Onomah (£3.5m from Verona) and Solly March (loan from Levante :confused:) to srengthen the attack.

Tactics still working well.
I've just got to the end of December after the World Cup break and i'm 9th - PL12 W5 D3 L4 PTS18 - with a game or 2 in hand on everyone else.
Cummings has 11 goals already including a hat-trick away to the mags.

The quality of penalty shoot-outs has been awful so far, not sure if it's a bug?
I've beaten Liverpool & Norwich away in the last 2 rounds of the league cup on pens and there have been more missed than scored.

What facepacks are people using ? Downloaded DF11 MegaPack

Think a prefer the scope one but can't see FM21 pack yet

Just smashed Cardiff 8-3 we missed a penalty too :lol:

Cant recommend Kevin Ehlers enough for CB was brilliant on my Dresden save on last years FM equally as good on this
Just smashed Cardiff 8-3 we missed a penalty too :lol:

Cant recommend Kevin Ehlers enough for CB was brilliant on my Dresden save on last years FM equally as good on this
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Brexit kills it for me, hard Brexit. I can’t sign any young’uns from Europe. All their work permits get rejected and won’t sign. Anyone else find is frustrating ?

Jason Cummings is the best player you can sign on a SAFC save. Got him for 350k in League One. Playing him as a lone striker (AF - attack) in a 4231 Wide and he's been incredible.

He got 16 in 29 in L1
In the championship hes currently got 29 in 37 :eek:
Finished 4th first season back in the championship lost out to Swansea over 2 legs 3-4 on aggregate AET🙁

Cummings bagged 36 league goals, got Louie Barry and Marcus Forss as back up

Finley Robertson and Kyle Magennis total assist machines in CM round about 15 each 😮 With Andre Green and Dembele providing plenty of goals and assists from the wings too

Hopefully with 3 or 4 good additions to the squad we can go one better next season

Last edited:
Season 3 with Hammarby has been a bit insane. I won the league easily, losing just 1 of 30 games again. My 3rd consecutive title and the 4th in the clubs history. I've not been too great with the rules though and didn't realise that you need 9 players who have played in Sweden for 3 years before the age of 21. I had 9 exactly which means that whenever I had an injury to one of them, I had to leave a space in my matchday squad. It's difficult though when the big clubs come after your players. I sold one to Brescia for £3.5m last season that I managed to bring back for £750k this season. I also lost a key winger to Arsenal for £2m and one of my great fids to PSG for £2.5m (though I have him back on loan for the season).

In the Champions League I started in the first qualifying round again and was expected to make the 3rd. I hammered my way through to the Group Stage with Celtic being my biggest scalp. I beat an Albanian team (6-1 on agg), Lech Poznan (9-0), Celtic (3-1) and Astana (7-1). I was a 4th seed and watched the draw. There were 3 groups that I thought I could qualify from, 4 that I could finish 3rd and get into the Europa League and Group H which I'd be lucky to get a point. I was drawn in Group H against Barcelona, Napoli and Tottenham!

I started with a fantastic 2-2 draw at home to Barcelona, but that was followed by defeats away to Napoli (2-1) and Spurs (5-1). The season is March to October in Sweden so my season ended at this point and I had a week break between each remaining game. My goal - to win 1 of the home games. I didn't have to wait long. An Ashley Fletcher hat-trick inspired a 5-0 demolition of Napoli. A week later I went to Camp Nou and did the ultimate smash and grab. I won 2-1 away to Barcelona. I only had to beat Spurs at home in the final game to get out of the group of death. It was never in doubt, I won 5-1 and finished 2nd in the group. The knockout stages take place at the start of next season for me.

Ashley Fletcher has been a star again. He's played 32 league games for me over 18 months and scored 34 goals. But this season in the Champions League he has 11 goals in 11 games and is currently top scorer. My other key player has been an Inverted right wing regen that I signed from Brazil for £46k. Labelled "The Next Garrincha", he has 16 goals and 12 assists from 20 games this season.

It's going to be a weird off season as I need to consolidate my squad with a few Swedish signings now.

The work permit thing is a pain in the arse. Half way through the season and a couple of my players who have played in the season now can’t play due to needing a work permit even though they’re not out of contract in the Summer or anything. Then when I apply for one it gets rejected :)

Anyone else had a glitch/bug at the start of the second season whereby the opposition squads have no players registered and play youth squads? I can still register all players in my own squad... Hoping it's put right when you have to finalise the squad at the end of the transfer window.

Just stuffed relegated Villa 5-0, Brentford 4-1 and Reading 3-0 but doesn't feel right!!

Half way through my 2nd season with the lads, currently joint top of the Championship with West Brom but its incredibly tight at the top. Im about 12 points clear of 7th place so I should be able to secure at least a play off spot but no one is running away with the league, the top 4 are only seperated by 2 points, us, West Brom, Blackburn, and Brentford are all going for automatic promotion. Blackburn have just smashed Watford 5-1 away.

In typical Sunderland fashion we sold out for the Boro game and it was the dullest 0-0 draw Ive ever witnessed on the game :lol:

Back