Football Manager 2021

I thought Bendtner would be billy big bollocks and tell me to fuck off but I didn't have to do any negotiating, just accepted the first offer.

I'm hoping I can get away with signing minimum players and then doing a rebuild when I go up.

Aye, FM is canny accurate. :lol:
I signed Bendtner and toure on frees, Bendtner is my top Scorer too.

I've got a keeper and centre half on loan who play all the time. Yet their parent clubs managers keep wanting to talk about why they're not playing. Getting on my nerves

Lost Kevin Ehlers to Hertha for £8.5m due to non promotion clause 🙁 Replaced him John Souttar for £4.5m

Tactics really inconsistent this season

I am in October in Season 2 with the lads. Went up as runners up in first season and I am currently sitting 5th in the Championship. A Jim Rodwell led takeover has just gone through s lets see how I get on from here. I have a fair bit deadwood to get rid off in January and the summer.

Just found out I've won a copy! Over the moon, but it's going on hold while I see if there's any announcement from SAFC today.

Feb 2023, my first season in the Prem and i've got a much better and balanced squad after the last transfer window.

Signed Eray Comert from Basel for £4.6m and he has been absolutely quality next to Reece Burke at CB.
Matt Smith from Man City for £1.3m who can play in midfield and RB.
Daniel Iversen from Midtjylland for £1.4m to challenge Wildsmith in goal. Wildsmith has been superb and i've just rejected offers of about £10m for him from Spurs & Wolves but i might regret that as it would have been a tidy profit on the £195k i paid for him & Iversen is just as good.
Macauley Gillesphy for £400k from Brisbane Roar as cover at LB, was a last resort due to work permits and ends up being an ex-mag :evil:

I've just beaten them 4-2 for the second time this season though :), Curtis Jones with the hat-trick in this game after Cummings scored 3 in the away match.
Cummings has been class with 15 goals in 20 leasgue games despite my scouts rating him as a fringe player.

I'm currently 8th after 22 matches. 3 points behind Fulham with 3 games in hand.

Feb 2023, my first season in the Prem and i've got a much better and balanced squad after the last transfer window.

Signed Eray Comert from Basel for £4.6m and he has been absolutely quality next to Reece Burke at CB.
Matt Smith from Man City for £1.3m who can play in midfield and RB.
Daniel Iversen from Midtjylland for £1.4m to challenge Wildsmith in goal. Wildsmith has been superb and i've just rejected offers of about £10m for him from Spurs & Wolves but i might regret that as it would have been a tidy profit on the £195k i paid for him & Iversen is just as good.
Macauley Gillesphy for £400k from Brisbane Roar as cover at LB, was a last resort due to work permits and ends up being an ex-mag :evil:

I've just beaten them 4-2 for the second time this season though :), Curtis Jones with the hat-trick in this game after Cummings scored 3 in the away match.
Cummings has been class with 15 goals in 20 leasgue games despite my scouts rating him as a fringe player.

I'm currently 8th after 22 matches. 3 points behind Fulham with 3 games in hand.

I tried to sign Cummings in my second season but Bristol City beat me to him. Might try and go back in for him.

Still on my Hammarby save and at the end of the 3rd season in England, this is how Sunderland have got on:

Season 1 - Finished 3rd in the League. Lost in the playoff semi final to Peterborough.
Season 2 - Finished 6th in the League. Lost in the playoff semi final to Barnsley.
Season 3 - Finished 8th in the League.

2 failed takeovers before Donald eventually left in May of the 1st season. The new bloke last 2 years before selling on as well.

Parkinson was sacked in March 2022. He was replaced by Simon Grayson :eek: . Grayson lasted 9 months before getting the boot after a run of 12 games without a win. The owners obviously needed to give the fans a bit of a boost so the manager they hired was Jermain Defoe :cool:. It's his first job in management but he's brought in the experienced Mick Harford as his number 2. I'll let you know how he gets on.

In other news on our players, Max Power is still club captain and Will Grigg is still there. Dan Neil looks the best of the young players but he's a tidy League 1 midfielder still at the club, nothing more. Lynden Gooch, Jordan Willis and Denver Hume have all ended up at Peterborough - they avoided relegation to League 2 by 1 point.

Lee Johnson is currently manager of QPR. He took over in season 1 and narrowly saved them from relegation. This season they finished 3rd in the Championship and lost in a playoff final to Brighton.

Danny Cowley is unemployed. He got a job at Reading at the tail end of season 1 and was sacked after just 3 months. No-one has touched him since. In fairness, Reading are on their 6th manager in 3 years.

Paul Cook is manager of Wycombe. He took over after their relegation from the Championship. He has just got them promoted again.

Kristjaan Speakman has just left his position at Birmingham to become Head of Youth Development at Hammarby :cool:

Still on my Hammarby save and at the end of the 3rd season in England, this is how Sunderland have got on:

Season 1 - Finished 3rd in the League. Lost in the playoff semi final to Peterborough.
Season 2 - Finished 6th in the League. Lost in the playoff semi final to Barnsley.
Season 3 - Finished 8th in the League.

2 failed takeovers before Donald eventually left in May of the 1st season. The new bloke last 2 years before selling on as well.

Parkinson was sacked in March 2022. He was replaced by Simon Grayson :eek: . Grayson lasted 9 months before getting the boot after a run of 12 games without a win. The owners obviously needed to give the fans a bit of a boost so the manager they hired was Jermain Defoe :cool:. It's his first job in management but he's brought in the experienced Mick Harford as his number 2. I'll let you know how he gets on.

In other news on our players, Max Power is still club captain and Will Grigg is still there. Dan Neil looks the best of the young players but he's a tidy League 1 midfielder still at the club, nothing more. Lynden Gooch, Jordan Willis and Denver Hume have all ended up at Peterborough - they avoided relegation to League 2 by 1 point.

Lee Johnson is currently manager of QPR. He took over in season 1 and narrowly saved them from relegation. This season they finished 3rd in the Championship and lost in a playoff final to Brighton.

Danny Cowley is unemployed. He got a job at Reading at the tail end of season 1 and was sacked after just 3 months. No-one has touched him since. In fairness, Reading are on their 6th manager in 3 years.

Paul Cook is manager of Wycombe. He took over after their relegation from the Championship. He has just got them promoted again.

Kristjaan Speakman has just left his position at Birmingham to become Head of Youth Development at Hammarby :cool:

Cowley took the England job after I turned it down in my save!

Well it runs unbelievably faster than 20, really pleased with that. ME definitely better but otherwise all other changes very superficial. Already bored rigid with interviews, given the Q&A's are pretty much identical and ultra repetitive.

Started with Red Star Belgrade but not sure I'm enjoying it. League is piss easy and only 4 foreigners rule combined with no money means real progression will be very difficult.

Qualified for CL and drew 2 lost 4 in group of Bayern, Celtic and Man City.

Already feeling the pull of a SAFC save...

Why the fuck is Cummings that good lol? Might wait for the January update so our super scouting system is in place by then.

Just downloading this now. Usually start with Leicester but I let my real life judgement of players overrule what the stats say and invariably end up getting sacked.

So I'm going to start as Sunderland for a challenge.

Lost Kevin Ehlers to Hertha for £8.5m due to non promotion clause 🙁 Replaced him John Souttar for £4.5m

Tactics really inconsistent this season

Onto me 2nd season with Hearts and Souttar seems to get a minimum of 7.5 every game even in the SPL.

Have made 3 pre season signings so far.

Chris Solly at Right Back
Declan John at Left Back
Paddy Madden at Striker.

Tried for several midfielders on loan or free transfer but none of them interested. Frustrating.

Declan John at Left Back
Paddy Madden at Striker.

Tried for several midfielders on loan or free transfer but none of them interested. Frustrating.
Have you been delegating the contract stuff to someone else? I only have success when I do it myself.

No doing it myself but maybe my targets are too ambitious.
Just managed to get Nat Phillips in on loan from Liverpool at Centre Back so starting to take shape. Few days away from the start of the season and a transfer embargo has been put in place due to takeover talks
First two fixtures:

Fleetwood (H) Carabao Cup 1st Round
Fleetwood (H) Papa John's Trophy.
Drew both matches with Fleetwood. Winning both on penalties.

First league match ends in a 0-3 home defeat to Bristol Rovers.
I'm terrible at this game, switched off. Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Onto me 2nd season with Hearts and Souttar seems to get a minimum of 7.5 every game even in the SPL.
Hes quality like probably bottom half PL level same as Whatmough from Pompey very solid partnership

Finished 7th in 22/23 fell out the play offs on the last day after drawing 2-2 at Boro 🙈 Cummings still smashing them in

Declan John at Left Back
Paddy Madden at Striker.

Pickering from Crewe and Coyle from Hull are very decent fullbacks for when you get to the championship

Last edited:

Back