Football Manager 2020

Decided to start a save with the lads. I'm going to focus on youth where possible or buying low and selling high where I have to.

First window and I've only paid for one player - a kid keeper from Arsenal for £200k who's in my under 23s. I've only managed to sell one player too - Wyke went to Peterbrough for £300k.

The rest of my business was on loan. I got Birmingham to take Lafferty on loan paying his full £10k wage. I spent the wage loaning Troy Parrott from Spurs. I've also brought in Angel Gomes, Amine Gouiri and Tarique Fosu to give me more options in the attacking positions.

I've spent the rest of my pre season getting the staffing into shape. Charlie Oatway returns to the club as my assistant. SKP is on the coaching staff. Paul Reid was sacked on day 1 as HOYD and replaced bby Sammy Lee. Nick Barmby is managing my under 18's. Coton was sacked and replaced as well. Oh and Steve Hetzke and Tommy Miller snr are now scouts for me.

4 games in and 4 wins so hopefully season 1 is a formality.

Fancied starting a save abroad and since I haven't managed in Spain for a number of years I chose Real Betis. The squad has some very talented players, especially in the midfield. It was difficult to decide on a formation however since my two best players were William Carvalho (DM) and Nabil Fekir (AMC). Ended up going with a 4-1-2-3 with Carvalho shielding the defence as a DLP. Finished 6th in season one which was enough to qualify us for the Europa League. Difficult to really progress however with a transfer budget of £4m. Then Arsenal offered £60m for Carvalho and the board accepted above my head...

Season two saw a change in formation - to a 4-2-3-1 with Fekir sitting in behind the striker. We again finished 6th but the real story was in the Europa League where we made it all the way to the final. Our opponents were the Italian champs Inter. It turned out to be one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. Our striker Borja Iglesias missed an early penalty and went on to have an absolute stinker up front. We hit the bar twice before being reduced to ten men with ten minutes to spare because our full back got injured and I'd made all my subs. We then scored what I thought was the winner in the 89th minute only for VAR to decide that Sanabria was offside. Inter then promptly scored from a corner in the 91st minute. I was f***ing gutted.

Paid out close to £20m for PSG full-back Mazzraui (probably spelt his name wrong) but we recouped more than that from the sales of Aissa Mandi and Sergio Canales, despite this I've got no more money to spend as I was once again given a paltry transfer budget despite us having more than £70m in the bank. I'm expected to qualify for the Europa League again which should be possible I suppose. Going to try and stay with Betis for years to really make my mark on the club.

Decided to start a save with the lads. I'm going to focus on youth where possible or buying low and selling high where I have to.

First window and I've only paid for one player - a kid keeper from Arsenal for £200k who's in my under 23s. I've only managed to sell one player too - Wyke went to Peterbrough for £300k.
It'll never work, you need free transfers who've been released from championship clubs but experience of promotion.

Just bought this for the mobile phone (not full version I know) has anyone got any tips for who to buy/loan starting with the lads and haven't played this game since 2010 so it's all a little new to me.
Cheers

Just (almost) finished season three with Betis with just the small matter of another Europa League final to contend with. Like last season we are up against a crack Italian side, this time in the shape of Juventus. Fingers crossed we can come home with the trophy this time.

Domestically it was another poor showing in the Cup with Villarreal knocking us out rather early on, something the board weren't happy with. The board seem to have high expectations but not a lot of financial clout to help me meet them. They expected a top six finish in the League, something I managed to scrape on the final day with a 2-0 home win over Bilbao and Valencia slipping up at Real Madrid. We actually finished on the same points as Valencia (67) and the same goal difference but beat them on the head to head, we saw them off 3-1 at our place but lost 3-2 at the Mestalla.

We have a slightly ageing squad with Sidnei our CB who has been quality for 3 seasons seriously declining this year, he's now rated at just 2 and a half stars. I'd like to bring in a world class CB to partner Bartra this summer and we could also do with a world class striker as Iglesias is only good for 10-15 goals a season. A proper world class striker would give me a good chance of cracking the top 4. Could also do with a decent goalie as Dani Martin my first choice is only 2 and a half stars. All depends on whether the board back me for once, winning the Europa League and thus qualifying for the Champions League would help.

I've not played FM on the laptop since 2011, but played it on my phone for the last few years. Decided to go out today to buy a laptop and FM20.

Jesus, when did it get so in depth? Theres so much going on I'm struggling to enjoy it, its like a full time job playing that. I really hope I get used to it soon. Did anyone else struggle to get into the game?

Did it, only went and beat Juventus 2-1 after extra time to win the Europa League and also qualify for the Champions League at the same time. Christian Tello the unlikely hero with 2 goals! He left in the summer, flogged to Sassuolo for £17m.

Another mostly low key summer. Two biggest signings were Hector Herrera and Emerson, both on frees. Nabbed a quality young regen CB from Milan for a pittance too which I was thrilled about, he’s slotted straight in and he’s only 18.

Unfortunately couldn’t get in that top quality striker I was looking for, best I could do was Rhian Brewster from Liverpool for £7m. Got £116m in the bank and the board still won’t back me properly...

Started season 4 with 2 wins and a draw in the league and also walloped Real Madrid 4-1 in the European Super Cup to win only the 5th piece of major silverware in the club’s history (2 of those have come with me as manager of course). Really enjoying this save, still don’t know what our Champions League group will look like though.

The rest of my business was on loan. I got Birmingham to take Lafferty on loan paying his full £10k wage. I spent the wage loaning Troy Parrott from Spurs. I've also brought in Angel Gomes, Amine Gouiri and Tarique Fosu to give me more options in the attacking positions.

I've spent the rest of my pre season getting the staffing into shape. Charlie Oatway returns to the club as my assistant. SKP is on the coaching staff. Paul Reid was sacked on day 1 as HOYD and replaced bby Sammy Lee. Nick Barmby is managing my under 18's. Coton was sacked and replaced as well. Oh and Steve Hetzke and Tommy Miller snr are now scouts for me.

4 games in and 4 wins so hopefully season 1 is a formality.

1st season finished with the lads and won the league comfortably, finishing on 96 points from 44 games. Gooch had a great season for me, scoring 13 and assisting 7. Max Power was player of the season scoring 7 and assisting 10.

Stewy Donald has decided to splash the cash on our pre-season training - our warm weather training camp is in... West Auckland, County Durham!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been a CM and FM nerd for 20 years but haven't played the last couple, is it worth playing the mobile version or is it too basic or too easy?

This version is the only one I haven't bought in the series, as I got too involved with 19.

Simple question, is it worth getting?

You ungrateful arseholes need to sort yourselves out! Season 2 with the lads and after winning League One, I've stumbled across perfection. Striving to play a swashbuckling, direct and violent formation in the mould of Atalanta, I decided to play a 3-4-1-2 formation with wing backs. A triumvirate of loan players attacking (Gomes, Gouiri and Parrott) and solid loans like Willy Saliba and Neco Williams to solidify the defence.

After 22 games of the season we had won 19, drawn 3. We're smashing everyone in sight until we go away to 3rd place Brighton. Lose the game 1-0 to a late goal. Some little social media shithouse, probably one of you lot on the SMB calls me out for "getting my tactics wrong in the last match". Ungrateful twat. Average attendance is only 34,000 as well! Where are you all? You'll never see better football than this again. 11 straight wins and averaging 3 goals a game is still not enough for some of you.

Back