Football Manager 2020

Stumbled across this tonight. It's an indepth 1999-2000 FM database with facepacks, kits, logos etc. The only thing that they haven't been able to sort is the date so the game begins in 2019 but if you can ignore that then you can join forces with Bobby Saxton and get Super Kev and Quinny firing.

I've just signed a 16 year old Jermain Defoe for pennies!

Last edited:

Stumbled across this tonight. It's an indepth 1999-2000 FM database with facepacks, kits, logos etc. The only thing that they haven't been able to sort is the date so the game begins in 2019 but if you can ignore that then you can join forces with Bobby Saxton and get Super Kev and Quinny firing.

I've just signed a 16 year old Jermain Defoe for pennies!

I've tried a couple of these over the last couple of years but the player stats and attributes that had been chosen were all one extreme or the other, you could tell they'd rushed to complete the DB and not given it much thought. Too many players with 20s and other players who were spoiled by some stupidly high ones and stupidly low others. For example you'd have someone like giggs whose pace would be 20 but his passing like 8 or something. Is it done well?

I've tried a couple of these over the last couple of years but the player stats and attributes that had been chosen were all one extreme or the other, you could tell they'd rushed to complete the DB and not given it much thought. Too many players with 20s and other players who were spoiled by some stupidly high ones and stupidly low others. For example you'd have someone like giggs whose pace would be 20 but his passing like 8 or something. Is it done well?

they've copied the stats and attitributes from the FM equivalent of the time so there's one or two things that are odd but that's how they were deemed back in the day. There's a few issues that need ironed out. Few players with the wrong nationality, couple players have odd positions etc but it's seen as a Beta version for a full release for FM21 and it's still very good. I'm enjoying it.

Won the treble with Sunderland, won the league by a point, FA cup in extra time and Champions League on penalties. Newcastle also got relegated so a perfect season.

After finishing 4th a couple of seasons in a row I decided to completely change the tactics and formation and worked a treat, played a 5-2-1-2 formation.

Last edited:
Won the treble with Sunderland, won the league by a point, FA cup in extra time and Champions League on penalties. Newcastle also got relegated so a perfect season.

After finishing 4th a couple of seasons in a row I decided to completely change the tactics and formation and worked a treat, played a 5-2-1-2 formation.
3 at the back seems to break the game like. I play a 3-4-3. Middle centre back as an attacking libero is a game changer.

3 at the back seems to break the game like. I play a 3-4-3. Middle centre back as an attacking libero is a game changer.
Won the Prem twice with Sunderland playing 3 at the back (had finished 7th the year before) but had to go back to 4 the next season we just weren't scoring enough. Apparently the game refreshes club reputations around December time so both seasons I would blitz everyone in the first half of the season then couldn't break them down after January. Everyone basically put 10 men behind the ball, we'd get hods of crosses in but we were easy to defend against and there was no space for the strikers to run into behind. Whereas with a back 4 you're stretching the defence as they commit more defenders out to mark your wingers and full backs.

Absolutely pissed the league after changing to 4231 keeping 29 clean sheets in the process. Halfway through the next season now and we're leaking goals for fun and 5 points behind, don't know what I'm doing different :lol:

Was thinking about a libero but went for a BPD Stopper on and the left and right trying to play like Sheffield Utd do, only conceded 18 goals in the league and my goalkeeper is very average. Getting Sergio Gomez on a free was a steal like, played over 200 games for us and his 18 free kicks and 17 corners can be huge when playing a tactic that is solid defensively and teams start sitting back.

Was thinking about a libero but went for a BPD Stopper on and the left and right trying to play like Sheffield Utd do, only conceded 18 goals in the league and my goalkeeper is very average. Getting Sergio Gomez on a free was a steal like, played over 200 games for us and his 18 free kicks and 17 corners can be huge when playing a tactic that is solid defensively and teams start sitting back.
That’s the same reason I started with 3 at the back too. Found that I couldn’t really get the wider centre backs to overlap and was conceding too much space in front of the defence so abandoned it.

The libero does a good job of filling the spaces between the midfield and defence when the opposition has a number 10 but also leaves a lot of space behind him when he goes forward so the wider centre backs are set to cover and have to be quick. Also means I can give my centre midfielders a more attacking mentality without compromising the defensive shape.

Works a treat though. I’m in my 4th season with Plymouth, first in premier league, and I’m in 4th place. Signed my libero from Bristol rovers and he’s not great but performs way above his ability. Decent passing and long shots so often crops up with an assist or goal at important times.

I found this tactic on a Sunderland game where I took us from league one to premier league champions in four seasons. After that went something like 85 games unbeaten before I got bored and tried Plymouth. Seems to be far too easy in England.
Won the Prem twice with Sunderland playing 3 at the back (had finished 7th the year before) but had to go back to 4 the next season we just weren't scoring enough. Apparently the game refreshes club reputations around December time so both seasons I would blitz everyone in the first half of the season then couldn't break them down after January. Everyone basically put 10 men behind the ball, we'd get hods of crosses in but we were easy to defend against and there was no space for the strikers to run into behind. Whereas with a back 4 you're stretching the defence as they commit more defenders out to mark your wingers and full backs.

Absolutely pissed the league after changing to 4231 keeping 29 clean sheets in the process. Halfway through the next season now and we're leaking goals for fun and 5 points behind, don't know what I'm doing different :lol:
I’ve found similar on past saves but the other way round! Start the season conceding from everywhere but scoring loads then second half clean sheets galore but can’t score!

ive got 3 different formations I switch between but all based on 3 defenders. Direct and narrow 5-3-2 for the big teams, my usual gegen/taka 3-4-3 wide for games where I’m expected to win and a narrow 3-4-2-1 as a wild card which seems to confuse the fuck out of the AI!

Last edited:
Apparently the game refreshes club reputations around December time so both seasons I would blitz everyone in the first half of the season then couldn't break them down after January.

This is interesting... I go on my Bielsa style collapse in January every single year. I did suspect something was afoot rather than my own unquestionable ability.

Currently in my 8th season with Leeds. Won the Europa and Champions League and am now considered a legend, which I've never had before. Still can't win the league though, seem to always through leads away when away at some shitty team. Also developed a rivalry with Craig Bellamy at Watford, who seems to also have them as consistent Champions league contenders. Had a massive clear out and got rid of a lot of the mediocre players from season back, and replaced them with Brazilian wonderkids to fully go for the league. Have to see how it goes!

Promoted from Serie B and won Seria A in first two seasons with Perugia. Was really enjoying the save but my midfield was made up of three loanees, two wonderkids and couldn't sign any. Coupled with that had absolutely no money and my squad was decimated so resigned as not to sully my achievements. Got job at Bayer Leverkusen who have a superb squad but its just not clicking and fast losing interest.

Just saw that YouTuber doing the Tow Law save I now want to do my first lower league save of this version. Probably last one before the new game comes around.

Been enjoying reading progress in a few more of these 'different' FM saves.

I'm still on FM2014, I'm in 2098. Started out with Gladbach and made them the most successful side, added Dynamo Dresden as a project and they've dominated for the past 30 or so years. I pied off Gladbach to take over Wehen Wiesbaden, who again have won titles and CLs. My latest project is a third team, Bayern, who have spent the last 50 years as also rans and the majority of the last 20 as a yo-yo club. I'm in my fourth season with them after 4th, 4th and 2nd placed finishes. Should have won it last year but failed to beat Wehen on the final day, where Dynamo won. Haven't won a trophy with Bayern yet but I've built a good side that is certainly capable.

With each team I look to buy and develop youth rather than big money signings, it adds to the longevity of the save having a new crop of youngsters to develop and bed in.

I manage each team fairly and look to win with either team when playing another controlled side. Best FM save I've ever had, oh, and Sunderland aren't shite!

If you go on holiday for a few months/half a season etc do you class that as cheating?

I don't holiday my games, but once the transfer window is closed, I holiday from 1 game to the next a lot of the time to play the game quicker.
Logon or register to see this image

No idea if this is a glitch but it's annoying as hell. Chinese clubs generally bid for my players a lot, but the same club making 9 bids for my players in the same day is ridiculous, especially when they made the exact same bid for Cristaldo 5 times. I rejected it and they just keep coming back with the same bid, as if I will have changed my mind 10 seconds later.
Season 6 at Vasas complete. The league was won by me far too easily. Out of a maximum of 99 points, I picked up 88 scoring 82 goals and conceding only 9 in the process.

The Hungarian division is stronger now. 3 teams qualify for the Champions League with the winners automatically getting into the group stage. I beat my old club Lille and Benfica to finish 2nd in the group behind Man Utd. I knocked out Atletico Madrid in the knockouts before losing to Man Utd 3-2 on aggregate in the Quarter Finals.

I'm now classed as a legend at the club. The club is also planning the build of a new stadium which will be 12,000 seater (twice the size of the current stadium). My facilities are now state of the art, but I've still not had a single decent youngster coming through.

The league has got a bit easy though. After my Europa League win and the strength of the league, the values of my players have shot up. I lost a couple of my star players but got good money for them and reinvested it well. 13 of my players are now in the Hungary squad (though the squad is still a bit crap).

Season 7 will be my last at Vasas. I'll go for maximum league points and one go at the Champions League. Then it's time to move on again. I've done all I can here.

Last edited:
Started a new game with the mighty Edinburgh City the other week, the plan is to make the SPL the number one league in the world eventually :lol:

Going pretty nicely so far, three promotions on the bounce and sitting 3rd in the SPL half way through the season. The lower leagues are usually okay just to blast through like this as you can often get players on loan well above the level you’re actually at. Last season I got a 17 year old AMC regen from Celtic with 5* ability and who was already good enough for the SPL - renewed his loan for a second season obviously!

Sunderland are bottom of the championship after taking two seasons to get promoted. Parkinson didn’t even last till Christmas in the first season, and was replaced with Grayson ffs. Think he was sacked second season and was replaced with Alex Neil who’s just been given the boot as well.

Any tips for the Scottish bottom league? Going to start one tomorrow

I don't holiday my games, but once the transfer window is closed, I holiday from 1 game to the next a lot of the time to play the game quicker.
Logon or register to see this image

No idea if this is a glitch but it's annoying as hell. Chinese clubs generally bid for my players a lot, but the same club making 9 bids for my players in the same day is ridiculous, especially when they made the exact same bid for Cristaldo 5 times. I rejected it and they just keep coming back with the same bid, as if I will have changed my mind 10 seconds later.
Season 6 at Vasas complete. The league was won by me far too easily. Out of a maximum of 99 points, I picked up 88 scoring 82 goals and conceding only 9 in the process.

The Hungarian division is stronger now. 3 teams qualify for the Champions League with the winners automatically getting into the group stage. I beat my old club Lille and Benfica to finish 2nd in the group behind Man Utd. I knocked out Atletico Madrid in the knockouts before losing to Man Utd 3-2 on aggregate in the Quarter Finals.

I'm now classed as a legend at the club. The club is also planning the build of a new stadium which will be 12,000 seater (twice the size of the current stadium). My facilities are now state of the art, but I've still not had a single decent youngster coming through.

The league has got a bit easy though. After my Europa League win and the strength of the league, the values of my players have shot up. I lost a couple of my star players but got good money for them and reinvested it well. 13 of my players are now in the Hungary squad (though the squad is still a bit crap).

Season 7 will be my last at Vasas. I'll go for maximum league points and one go at the Champions League. Then it's time to move on again. I've done all I can here.
I think the Chinese transfer window ends towards the end of feb. Clubs in all leagues can flood you with offers on deadline day. Maybe you just got unlucky.

My Sunderland team is ridiculous now, first time i have just stayed at a club for 6+ seasons, this is the most successful i have been with one single club.

I have won the League One title, Play offs, Checkertrade, 2 x Carabao Cups, 1 x UEFA II Cup. Currently in the CL group stage and top of that, Juventus and Seville level in second, Also top of the PL and think i might do it this year.

Team as it stands :-

Farinez
Sibaya Semlali Sarr Firpo
Jeremy Ruben
Brewster Maddison Cherki
Greenwood

Gunn, Duncan, Carvalho, Priestnall, Thuram, Webo, Fati​

Season 7 at Vasas is over and I won the double again losing only 1 game. Running away with the league every year was a bit boring so I've resigned. I'll be moving on to my 5th team in this save, though I haven't decided what challenge I will take on yet.

I took over Vasas when they were a 2nd division team and in 7 seasons I've won the Division 2 title, 3 Division 1 titles, 3 Hungarian Cups and a Europa League. The club moves into a 12,000 seat stadium this summer after I started with under 150 season ticket holders. They have state of the art youth and training facilities and are currently ranked as the 18th best team in Europe. I am classed as a club legend.

Started a Sunderland save.

First season we finished second gaining promotion. I signed Jordy Huwula from Peterborough as my number one striker (grigg and wyke are beyond woeful). 900k up front and another 900k after 50 games, not the best business but needed him and he went on to do the biz getting me 20 goals. Got Jota from Benfica on loan thanks to someone on this thread recommending him and he also was one of my best performers. Took Phil Ofsu Ayeh from wolves for pennies who proved to be a very good left back in that league.

Second season we finished second again, my form from November was spectacular, going from 7th to second. I signed three absolute gems. Two from Lazio on frees, one called Fabio Maistro and the other was a polish lad called Dziceck(?) both CM’s, more on them later. The other was Alberto penaranda on a free from Watford, he was lethal scoring 24 goals. Scouting really is key in this game.

Third season was horrendous. I was given a paltry 35 million to spend and told to battle relegation. I used the majority for a new defence due to getting rid of lots of deadwood. I bought a lad called costas from Leeds for 7.5 and a lad from wba for 15 called wilmots I think, as well as Panzo from Lyon, all solid 4 stars. I also bought Jota after two successful loan seasons. We finished second bottom and it was soul destroying, the gap in class is astronomical.
Tactics, I used gegenpress 4-2-3-1 wide.

I resigned after relegation, will probably start a lower league save soon, perhaps con

Back