Football Manager 2020

With my Standard Liege game in 2nd season I qualified for CL, some how managed to not only qualify but win the group that had Inter, Schalke and Lyon, into january and my captain Cimrot got attention from Beijing Gouan, he was with 7m, they bid 12m, thought I would scare them off and ask for 30m which to my surprise they paid and he wanted to speak to them so now hes gone for the money ffs, I'm now in need of a DLP to fill his void but I can only offer around 30k a week so finding the quality I need will be hard with the money i have...... I've a feeling my squad is going to be obliterated this month as the vultures are circling 5 more of my starting XI 🙈

Just got Sunderland promoted to the Championship sold all the shite signed only a couple of players for free now to get a team good enough for the championship is seemingly going to be difficult, is the championship a big jump from League 1?

Just got Sunderland promoted to the Championship sold all the shite signed only a couple of players for free now to get a team good enough for the championship is seemingly going to be difficult, is the championship a big jump from League 1?
Yes and no, on both 19 and 20 I started ok then nosedived after the first few games and leaked goals and had to basically sign a new team in January and bring in whoever I could for pennies to stay up. But then both times I won promotion the next season - on 19 I think I went up automatic and on 20 I went up through the play offs. Pace is a must like, Grigg banged them in for fun in League One but was f***ing awful in the Championship, if you can get Brewster on loan and a couple of quick centre halves you're laughing.

Yes and no, on both 19 and 20 I started ok then nosedived after the first few games and leaked goals and had to basically sign a new team in January and bring in whoever I could for pennies to stay up. But then both times I won promotion the next season - on 19 I think I went up automatic and on 20 I went up through the play offs. Pace is a must like, Grigg banged them in for fun in League One but was f***ing awful in the Championship, if you can get Brewster on loan and a couple of quick centre halves you're laughing.
I sold Grigg straight away and brought in Parrott on loan and he banged them in but Spurs wont let me have him another season, tried to get Brewster but Liverpool want him to be in a better team. Stewart Donald hasn't helped me, we were in transfer embargo for 4 months and takeover has only been complete on June the 20th what a pain in the arse.

How good did Dobson do for you? Seems like he's quite highly rated by FM going by him on my save.
Edit: Scrap that, just got both Parrott and Brewster, now for some defenders.

Last edited:
I sold Grigg straight away and brought in Parrott on loan and he banged them in but Spurs wont let me have him another season, tried to get Brewster but Liverpool want him to be in a better team. Stewart Donald hasn't helped me, we were in transfer embargo for 4 months and takeover has only been complete on June the 20th what a pain in the arse.

How good did Dobson do for you? Seems like he's quite highly rated by FM going by him on my save.
Edit: Scrap that, just got both Parrott and Brewster, now for some defenders.
Dobson was an ok squad player in the Championship then came into his own in the Prem. Definitely worth keeping around

Anyone have a good logo and player pack for FM20? I have looked at a few how to vids on youtube and can't manage to get them working ha. Driving me mad lack of logos on game, I have seen some amazing ones on facebook FM forums.

Any suggestions for decent right backs? I am just starting my 4th season in prem (6th in total) and currently have Louis Beyer there but he is poor going forward and seems to give away a load of pens.

Just won league one with 3 games to go, also already won checkatrade trophy. Going to find it hard unless I buy well in summer, I predict I will lose Parrott (scored 38 in 54 appearances) and the likes of Mclaughlin, Robson, Grigg, Wyke etc will need replacing too.

Any suggestions for decent right backs? I am just starting my 4th season in prem (6th in total) and currently have Louis Beyer there but he is poor going forward and seems to give away a load of pens.

Neco Williams maybe. Hard to know six seasons in, checking Brazil and Argentina for regens is probably the way to go.

Just installed this via GamePass. I've played a bit with Chester and I'm not sure I can be arsed to continue. So much stuff to juggle nowadays, things I really can't be bothered to sort. Starting lower league doesn't help, mind, as contract reminders start popping up days after I sign someone. :lol: Lost out on a fantastic physio too because the default option is under-18s despite not having one for my first team. Annoying!

Logon or register to see this image

I'm in the Championship and played my reserves against Leicester, not a bad last few minutes.

Just installed this via GamePass. I've played a bit with Chester and I'm not sure I can be arsed to continue. So much stuff to juggle nowadays, things I really can't be bothered to sort. Starting lower league doesn't help, mind, as contract reminders start popping up days after I sign someone. :lol: Lost out on a fantastic physio too because the default option is under-18s despite not having one for my first team. Annoying!
Just get your Assistant to do all the stuff you can't be bothered with.

Managed to win my trophy with Gateshead beating Chelsea 1-0 in the League Cup final in extra time. Also into the 2nd knockout round of the Euro Cup II against Hajduk so should get through that. Sitting in 7th place in the league currently with about ten games left

Neco Williams maybe. Hard to know six seasons in, checking Brazil and Argentina for regens is probably the way to go.
Yeah tried that and got a young lad in but he’s probably 3 or 4 years away from being real top quality. Bought Sergino Dest from Ajax for about 30m who looks good and is only 24 so could still improve.

Robbie Gotts from Leeds and retrain him from a winger to an attacking full back.

Last edited:
First season in the championship went a bit better than I thought it would and did the double over Newcastle with both games having last minute winners from Gooch. :cool:

I got the loan signings spot on which is worrying as I need to buy a whole new team for the Premier League.

Finished the season in 9th place with Gateshead but won the Euro Cup II. Was easy enough my group was Hajduk, Ludogorets and Sarajevo. I then played CSKA Moscow, Frankfurt, AZ, Hajduk and then Rangers in the final. You automatically qualify for the proper Euro Cup by winning it aswell. Wasn’t far off the Champions League but was focusing on the Euro Cup

Into 2024 with the lads. In the premier league. Finding tactics so inconsistent across the season. I go on winning runs then nout for month or two. Tried adjusting and tweeking here and there but no joy.

France :cool: - The stars of France were the stars of my Real team last season - Mbappe and Cammavinga. Rayan Cherki is now 22 and an absolute star as well. They've got a great core and plenty of options coming through, but it's time to rebuild and let Pogba, Griezzman, Areola, Lemar, Hernandez, Pavard and Coman retire.

Well my spell in charge of France was short lived after this abomination. I absolutely romped my way through qualifying scoring 42 goals in 8 games but it all went wrong in the tournament. In truth, I should have gone out in the Group stages. What was supposed to be an easy group turned into a nightmare.

Opening game v Sweden I went 2-0 down in 10 minutes. Battered them for the entire game to scrape a 2-2 draw.
Game 2 v Serbia, I battered for 76 minutes before they countered with their first attack of the game to go 1-0 up. I threw everything at them and got caught in the 91st minute so they won 2-0.
Game 3 v Poland (who had beaten both other teams) I won comfortably 3-0 getting me into the next round as one of the best 3rd place teams :oops:

98 shots over 4 games compared to 27 from my opponents and somehow I only got 1 win.

So i'm unemployed and have no idea what my stock is like now. I've managed in Spain and Italy so I'd like a job in France or Germany now. Not a super team like PSG or Bayern but someone on the fringes around the Europa League that I can build for 2/3 seasons. Not going to apply for any old job, so it might take me a year to get the right one.

Back