Football Manager 2020

Just checked on Sunderland in my latest save and Martin O’Neill took over from Parkinson at Christmas :lol:

They were 8th when Parkinson was sacked, ended up finishing 3rd but were beaten in the semi finals of the play offs by MK Dons.

So far I'm 10 games into the season, won 8 drew 2, top by 1pt from Lincoln in 2nd, top performers so far, Tommy Smith, consistent performer and chipping in with 4 goals in 10 from CB, Dobson, breezing through games and dictating them as he goes, Troy Parrott, with 6 goals in 10 so far hes performing superb all round aswell

Got the lads promoted from league 1, struggling a little in the championship like, middle of September and I've only won 2 games. One of them being dirty Leeds at home. Can't seem to score, having plenty shots.

I'm in the bastard playoffs in after my second season in the championship. A big drop off in form in the last few month cost me an automatic spot. I am up against Wigan in the semi. I have decided to leave it for tonight. Already extended the loans of Brewster, Gomes and Van Den Berg for next season. I have had Reiss from Arsenal on loan and his contract is up in June. Hoping to sign him either cheap or on a free. Will need about 10 new players if I go up like.

I'm in the bastard playoffs in after my second season in the championship. A big drop off in form in the last few month cost me an automatic spot. I am up against Wigan in the semi. I have decided to leave it for tonight. Already extended the loans of Brewster, Gomes and Van Den Berg for next season. I have had Reiss from Arsenal on loan and his contract is up in June. Hoping to sign him either cheap or on a free. Will need about 10 new players if I go up like.
What formation you playing?

I signed Haaland in my second season at Man U, and he seems to have broken the game.

35 goals in 15 games. Not had anything like that since you could play ridiculous formations and stuff everyone like 20 years ago 🤣

4-1-2-2-1. So flat back 4, defensive mid, 2 centre mid, 2 wingers and 1 up top. I was playing with a very attacking style most of the season and I usually just set players to their best role.
Might give it a blast, similar to what I used in league 1,except with 2 DM. Could be that my striker is shite, as I'm getting loads of chances. Got some young French lad on loan again from lyon, was class last season for me.

Second season with Syrianska and we won the league on goal difference. We lost only two games all season, including on the last day of the season when a 7 goal swing would’ve cost us the title. We lost 3-0 and Mjällby won 4-1 so we ended up winning the title by a single goal.

Had no job offers from any other clubs so I’m staying put for another season. Signed a shit load of players from other Scandinavian clubs as we had our wage budget increase by five times what it was in the division below. Also managed to get a few loans from the championship although these are all six month loans due to the Swedish league running from Jan-October.

We’re predicted to finish bottom of the league unsurprisingly but I reckon we’ll stay up quite comfortably.

Might give it a blast, similar to what I used in league 1,except with 2 DM. Could be that my striker is shite, as I'm getting loads of chances. Got some young French lad on loan again from lyon, was class last season for me.

My strikers go through massive goal droughts then start scoring for a fun for a few games. I know strikers do this in real life too but it is a ballache.
Right. Play off final now. I got past Wigan in the semis with a 3-2 win at home and a 0-0 draw away. Haway the lads.

I beat West Ham in extra time to so up. I can feel myself f***ing up the transfer window already. :lol:

Last edited:
Won L1 and the Championship and now suffering the boredom I always seem to get once I get us in to the Prem. Already thinking of other saves but also 10th at Christmas makes me want to stick at it and make us successful again.

The American League was shite and I've just found out that I'm on a 12 week lockdown, so I'm starting a save that I've surprisingly never done before, given that they're one of my favourite childhood teams: Sampdoria

Usually I just do my own thing and go for glory, but I'm going to try and follow the boards vision this time.

Due to the latest update, they've got a handful of players on loan for the season who sign at the end of the year that they've overpaid for and aren't that good. So it might take me 3 seasons to clear this whole squad out. They're pretty solid for the most part though and should easily meet the expectations of finishing mid-table.

Star players are Ronaldo Viera who has potential to be the best player at the club by a distance and my talisman, 36 year old Fabio Quagliarella. Quagliarella is my best striker and has amazing mental stats. He's the club captain and a born leader so I'm hoping to keep him playing for the last 2 years of his contract.

The club has £19m of loans but they've got £14m in the bank and £6.5m to spend. In the early years of my save, I'll try and clear the clubs debts.

The vision of the club (besides the mid table finish and working within a budget) are ones I've never seen before: 1) Break even in the transfer market. 2) Sign players from the lower levels of the domestic game. I'm going to follow both of these to give myself a challenge.

In addition, the league seems to have rules where you can only but 2 Non EU players a season as well which should keep my Brazilian and Argentinian wonderkids at bay :lol:

Does anyone play with a regista in dm?
I've got one and hes my best player but seems to have impacted my two cms
I'm not sure what roles to have them on.
I used to play ball winning dm and two playmakers in cm. Now I have my regista I guess I need some more defensive roles from my cms?

Does anyone play with a regista in dm?
I've got one and hes my best player but seems to have impacted my two cms
I'm not sure what roles to have them on.
I used to play ball winning dm and two playmakers in cm. Now I have my regista I guess I need some more defensive roles from my cms?

I've toyed with a regista but never had good enough players to implement it regularly. I'd suggest that you need 2 cm's in front - one would have to be a ball winning midfielder. Maybe a box to box in the other spot.

It's tricky because I've found that cm's seem to almost always be deep lying playmakers. You don't get a lot of players natural at the other roles.

MLS is class man
Ne multi million pound fees going on and all this shite you see in Europe nowadays. Whoever finishes bottom gets the very first Superdraft picks and vice versa so it's extremely competitive

Bought some anchorman from the Brazilian leagues for £300,000 and 8k p/w and it feels like you're genuinely splashing the cash :D

First season in the Swedish Premier League with Syrianska and as predicted we did stay up comfortably, managing to finish 2nd only 4 points behind winners Malmo.

Our English loan signings from the championship made up three of our back four which meant we had a decent base and ended up with the second best defence in the league despite an attacking formation. A little bit disappointed 2nd place is only good enough for Europa League II but it’ll still be some welcome income for the club.

Probably just stick around for another season or two here before moving on. Or depending on how things go I might look to massively improve the club for a few years before and become a dominant force in Sweden before going elsewhere. The upside of managing in this league is that there’s only 30 games a season and one cup competition so getting through the seasons is quick and easy.

Tough first season with Sampdoria but I've survived.

After the winter window update, Samp have 7 players with permanent moves planned this summer and 6 who had just signed, so offloading players was going to be tricky. So I decided to mostly keep the squad and build slowly. I decided that 1 winger was all I needed. My top target was Jeremie Boga from Sassuolo who finished the season with the most assists (17) and 6 goals as well. Unfortunately, his wage demands were too high and he stayed at Sassuolo. So I signed my 2nd target within budget - Oussama Idrissi (£8.5m over 3 years). He finished the season with 8 goals and 3 assists, so a little underwhelming.

My team finished 12th, achieving the midtable expectation but little more. I lost both derbies with Genoa and was generally shit. Quagliarella who turned 37 during the season struggled at the start, but finished with 12 goals. He'll probably be my main striker next season as well.

As for player sales, in February various Chinese teams bid for 4 different players. I couldn't afford to let most of them go without being able to buy replacements, but my left back Dodo moved on for £20m (£10m up front).

The chairwoman is looking to sell the club and I was embargoed for a period of times in both transfer windows. There's been 3 offers that have fallen through from a local businessman to a Tycoon who wanted to sack me for Gasperini, so next year could be interesting.

One of the club philosophies is to buy talent from lower leagues. With that in mind, my main target (who I will sell half my squad for) is Sandro Tonali. Brescia were relegated and if I can sign him, I'll build my team around him for years.

Back