Football Manager 2020

Well my lad is touted as the next Donovan and he was internationally recognised so the gems are there if the scouts can pick find them up - In England you have the Trialist I v Trialist II games in pre-season, in America there's 8 teams of that sort so the scouts know where to find them. It all depends on how fast they can obtain the information

Then there's the matter of what order are your picks - There's 26 MLS teams with 4 picks each - 104 in total. I was given pick #1 so I was given the choice of the entire roster which I found too valuable to trade away. I believe I have 6 picks for 21-22 season as I traded some fringe players for their pick.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the mls if it's as real as the rest of the game, but I'm onboard if it's got a bit of an American sports element to it where the draft of young prospects is the key way to team build.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the mls if it's as real as the rest of the game, but I'm onboard if it's got a bit of an American sports element to it where the draft of young prospects is the key way to team build.

I've only used money for 1 deal. Some goalkeeper playing in the Colombian league rated 4.5 stars for £150,000. The rest is just sat there waiting for the big marquee signing when it's needed, you're only allowed 8 non yanks out of 17 so it's not as if you can cheat and go all out either.

I'm still learning what these MLS terminology's mean, International player slots, designated players etc but I got given the very first pick of the Super Draft and literally all the other 25 teams made an offer to sell me my first pick.

Fuckin red panty night. My next pick wasn't til 37th pick so I declined and drafted a Striker touted to be the next Donovan :cool:
Still struggling with the lads in league 1 be a while before i try an mls save

Won League One, despite tailing off towards the end of the season. Highlight was a battering of Coventry 5-1.

Basically replaced the whole team, the majority not good enough to step up. Only Conor McLaughlin left bizarrely in the first eleven.

Signed 16 players to boost the first team, notably: Burak Yesilay; Yuri Ribero; Ethan Hamilton; Siriki Dembele; Jeremy Gelin (loan); Tosin Adarabiyo (loan); Patrick Roberts (loan); James Garner (loan); Liam Millar (loan); Eugeni; Leonardo Morosini; Alberto Paleari.

Quite a few out as well: Baldwin; Willis; Ozturk; Smith; Gooch; Grigg; Watmore; Lynch - all sold, loaned out or released.

Beat Birmingham 2-0 in my first Championship game, 4-2-3-1 formation continuing well.

I'm nearing the end of a season with Athens. Romping the league and scoring loads. Got arsenal in the 6th round of the Europa. Drew 3 each with them in the home leg.
Think I'll wrap up the title then head elsewhere. Possibly Scotland and try to dethrone the usual 2.

Won League one at the first attempt.

Signings in:
Taith Chong (Loan), James Garner (Loan), Aaron Connolly (Loan), Ethan Laird (Loan), Stephen Kingsley (100K), Forster-Caskey (235k), Liam Gordon (250k), Patrick McEleney (800k), Jack Byrne (950k).

All of the loan signings were top quality. Kingsley was the best buy and he is still with me in the PL as back up. Gordon did a job as did McEleney and Bryne, who I sold at a small profit.

Singings Out:
Charlie Wyke (200k), Conor McLuaghlin (210k), Ozturk (205k).

2020/21 - Another success story as I finished second in the Champ at the first time of asking.

In: Lienhart (3.4m), Christian Capone (3.3m), Zan Celar (2.5m), Lukas Nmecha (1.9m), Torles Knoll (1.6m), Van Der Hart (775k), Alex Carbonell (free), Kieran O'Hara (Free), Reiss Nelson (L), Herbie Kane (L), Joe Willock (L), Chong (L), Brewster (Loan.)

This probably isn't much help, but there's a right back at Leeds you can sign for a few hundred grand who will be a premier league class player in a season or 2. Can't remember his name though.
This probably isn't much help, but there's a right back at Leeds you can sign for a few hundred grand who will be a premier league class player in a season or 2. Can't remember his name though.

Edit: it was Lewie Coyle and it looks like he moved to Fleetwood in January.

Last edited:

Edit: it was Lewie Coyle and it looks like he moved to Fleetwood in January.
Aye, we tried to sign him in January.

I've decided to give my AZ game a little break and start a fresh with Nashville SC and their introduction to MLS (Inspired by @coyneeee). The idea that the expectation of the club in season 1 is simply not to finish last was particularly appealing because it should give me time to do this MLS save in American sports style and build a team through the draft.

In Real Life, Nashville are due to move to a new stadium in 2022 but it doesn't seem to be in the game, so the current 10,000 seat stadium may be a challenge.

I've no real clue how to do this, so it's probably a bit of an experiment and I'll go all out in FM21 when I suspect all the latest franchises will be added to make the league more significant.

As I've got no games for a whole season (with the exception of the MLS cup), I've organised a series of friendlies in the build up to get my teams fitness and familiarity together. The most famous being fellow new franchise club Inter Miami.

The club has no transfer budget and I'm not sure how the draft works just yet, so I've looked into the free transfer market for my first signings:

1) A 20 year old Colombian striker who isn't much, but has potential to be my best striker.

2) The MLS legend, all time top scorer, model citizen and big name potentially fan favourite, 33 year old Bradley Wright Phillips. I've signed him until the end of the season with an option of a 1 year extension, but essentially he's to mentor my younger players.

3) Kim Ki-Hi - 29 year old South Korean international centre back, who has just left Seattle. He becomes my best defender and a leader in this brand new squad.

Looking forward to figuring out how this all works.

Started an attempt at a journeyman save, hoping to travel across Europe and win as many domestic leagues/cups as possible starting from the bottom and rising to the very top.

Started unemployed and took over at Syrianska in the Swedish first division elite, and they are f***ing shit. Won one game out of the first seven and even that was fortunate where we scored two goals from set pieces. Think I’ll be looking for a new job when the season ends, or even before then at this rate :lol:

Started an attempt at a journeyman save, hoping to travel across Europe and win as many domestic leagues/cups as possible starting from the bottom and rising to the very top.

Started unemployed and took over at Syrianska in the Swedish first division elite, and they are f***ing shit. Won one game out of the first seven and even that was fortunate where we scored two goals from set pieces. Think I’ll be looking for a new job when the season ends, or even before then at this rate :lol:

It's ridiculous the random knowledge you get from being a fan of this game. I knew just from the name of the club that they were Swedish, they play in red and yellow and back in an early Champ Man, they had Sharbel Touma who was a ridiculously good left winger :oops:

Back