Cian Harries 200k
Ben Sheaf free
James Husband free
Kieron Freeman free
Thierry Ambrose free
Loaned in Ben Woodburn, Billy Arce and Jan Mlakar

Sold Wyke for 190k, Conor McLaughlin for 190k and Kokolo for 110k

Got this yesterday. Played 4 won 4.
Scoring some screamers and keeping a lot of possession.

Tempted to get a director of football in to do all the faffing about

My signings in the Champ were:
Cian Harries 200k
Ben Sheaf free
James Husband free
Kieron Freeman free
Thierry Ambrose free
Loaned in Ben Woodburn, Billy Arce and Jan Mlakar

Sold Wyke for 190k, Conor McLaughlin for 190k and Kokolo for 110k
He’s worth persisting with. Went for 10M+ on my game.

Season 1 won league 1 by 2 points on the final day, played 4-4-2 at home all season and 4-2-3-1 away. Grigg finished league top scorer with 22 goals.

First signing was tom adeyemi on a free
And kai naismith for £150k.

Promoted mumba and embleton into the squad and signed jake vokins on loan as left back cover to hume.

Played gooch Midfield Right in 4-4-2 and AMR in 4-2-3-1. He finished the season on 9 goals and 12 assists and was outstanding.

Mcglaughlin Gk
C. Mcglaughlin / onien Rb
Willis Dc / Flanagan
Lynch Dc / ozturk
Hume / vokins Lb
Gooch / watmore W
Power, mumba cm
Mcgeouch, dobson, adeyemi cm
Naismith, kimpioka W
Grigg and wyke uptop in a 4-4-2

Embleton and Mcgeady used occasionaly and effectively to rotate through midfield.

January came around and flogged Maguire to Houston for £200k and inter miami paid £2.2m for my best midfielder Mcgeouch.

Sold leadbitter to millwall for peanuts to get him off the wage bill and Mcgeady joined Bristol City for £400k on deadline day.

Willis worth £6m Lynch £2.5m
C.Mcglaughlin wanted by cardiff £3m
Ozturk wanted by Relegated burnley £4.5m
Hume £2.8m
Watmore £4m Naismith £7m
Dobson £5m
Gooch now worth £6.5m and in usa squad
Adeyemi £6m
Rejecting bids for Mumba totalling £7m with add ons.
Grigg £9m
Power £7.4m
Just sold Wyke to oxford who came 2nd for £1m so plenty of options to bring in extra transfer funds and replace with freebies / bargains.

Board have given me £8m to avoid relegation and 90% revenue. Already agreed Maja’s return for £1.8m and a forward released by Bayern called Okeyre Wridte

(If interested like this post and I will update Season 2 later)

(As promised Season 2)

outgoings:
Wyke to oxford £1m
C. Mclaughlin to Cardiff £2.8m
Watmore to Southampton £3m
Lynch to Preston £2m
Ethan Robson to Hearts £200k (Walking sicknote)

Incomings:
Maja £1.8m
Angel Gomes (loan)
Dylan Levitt (loan)
Zech Medley (loan)
Lewie Coyle from Leeds £200k
Kieran O hara from Man utd £300k
Jake Vokins (extended loan)
Franchu from Real madrid (CHEERS @Bear )£250k
J.De Frutos Real madrid Free
Okyere wriedt from Bayern free
Josh Emmanuel from relegated Bolton £600k USA international links up with Gooch class.
Chey Dunkley from relegated Wigan £475k

lineups:
GK O'hara / Mcglaughlin / Patterson
RB O'nien / Coyle
DC Willis / Ozturk
DC Dunkley / Medley
LB Hume / Vokins
W Gooch / De Frutos
MC Power / Adeyemi / Embleton
MC Mumba / Dobson
W Naismith / Franchu / Kimpioka
AMC Levitt / Gomes
ST Grigg / Maja / Wriedt

Still using same tactics as last year and managed to get to January in 7th place in the championship.

Renewed contracts for Gooch, Power, Willis, Dobson, Onien, Ozturk, Mumba, Grigg, Naismith and Hume. Franchu & Maja on 10 goals a piece in 22 games, Gooch with 7 goals and 6 assists.

Not sure if we can keep up the chase for promotion on current form and players and not a whole lot of players out there willing to join either. Looking toothless upfront as Grigg has only managed 3 goals in 5 starts.

Priority one this window is to bring in a big name striker and another experienced Centre back and plod on till season ends.

@Sickasachip is Coyle good? Can’t decide to sign him or Andre Wisdom
only signed him as a back up option to Josh emmanuel and be able to play o'nien midfield when needed, but he ended up playing 60% of games and earned joint most man of the match awards with maja.
Season 2 in the championship ended with Sunderland 1 point outside of the playoffs after West brom beat me 2-1 on the final day. I brought in Adalberto Penaranda on loan in the january window and paid £325k for everton defender Matthew Pennington.

Board has given me a provisional £2m transfer budget and £400k wages for our second season in the championship and want a safe mid table return. Gonna see what bargains are kicking about and see who I can move on.

Maja 23 goals in 41 games
Franch 13 goals and 11 assists in 39 games
Grigg 9 goals in 17 games
Penaranda 9 goals in 20 games
De frutos 11 goals and 16 assists in 33 games

Season 3 line ups and transfers to come next.
Season 3 Sunderland (Championship)

After missing out on the playoffs by one point last year I decided to overhaul the squad from top to bottom.

Released loads of youth that were never gonna make it or be of any value.

Brought in 3 wonderkids on loan from top teams.

Brobbey (ajax) Chong (Man Utd) and Antonio Marin (Arsenal) and also extended Vokins loan for a 3rd season.

Free transfers in were:
Ryan Bennett DC from wolves
Federico Bonazzoli ST from sampdoria
Dzenis Burnic DMC dortmund
Wayne Rooney (released by derby)
Ravel Morrison released from sheff utd
Matteo Commaret DC released

These took up quite a lot in wages apart from Rooney who only asked for £5k a week and emergency backup role.

Transfers in :
Mathias Eriksen Ranmark GK from molde £100k
Will Jaaskelainen GK £200k crewe
Tommy Doyle MC £300k Man city
Jacob Haahr DC from Kobenhaven £1.5m
Lassan Faye DL from Sparta £1.2m

Outgoings were:
Burge to scunthorpe £100k
Grigg to Burnley £3m
J De frutos to Reading for £12m total with add ons.. not bad seeing as he was a free transfer last year but needed the ££££.
Ozturk to Hull for £2m
O’Nien to Middlesboro £2.6m
J.Mcglaughlin to Cardiff £800k
A. Bell (u18 regen) to wolves for £2.2m compensation.. gutted as he looked decent too.

£22.7m brought in and only £3.3m outlay. Squad looks instantly stronger and I have told the players we are going for a playoff spot.

Lineups
Gk O hara, Ranmark, Jaaskelainen
DR Coyle, Emmanuel, Commaert
DC Bennett, Dunkley, Willis
DC Pennington, Haahr,
DL Hume, Vokins, Faye
WR Gooch, Marin,
MC Power, Adeyemi, Mumba
MC Burnic, Dobson, Doyle
WL Chong, Naismith,
Amc Rooney, Morrison
ST Maja, Bonazzoli, Brobbey

(Will update at January window)

Last edited:
I’m approaching the end of my first season and have the lads 2nd with about 5 games left.
Hit terrible form since the turn of the year. Griggs top scorer on 9. Just had SD threaten me with the sack unless I got 8 points from 5 games then proceeded to lose to bottom place Southend 2 - 0.
Thankfully won away at 3rd then thumped MK Dons. Can see them sacking me even if we go up.
I’m approaching the end of my first season and have the lads 2nd with about 5 games left.
Hit terrible form since the turn of the year. Griggs top scorer on 9. Just had SD threaten me with the sack unless I got 8 points from 5 games then proceeded to lose to bottom place Southend 2 - 0.
Thankfully won away at 3rd then thumped MK Dons. Can see them sacking me even if we go up.

Sacked me the pricks

Last edited:
The style of play and the fluidty should reflect the players you use for a certain system. 1st season in League 1 I played as direct as possible with high energy players, where as in season 2 in the championship I tried using the same and fell flat towards January and didnt really improve. I think this was down to the players I had, their determination and mental stats being average.

Once addressed I replaced these with better quality players and no longer need to be as direct and can play the ball about without worrying about getting caught on the break or loosing possession with a shit pass.

Think Burnley.. hard working, physical, Determined players with a direct style of play, then think leicester, skillful, fit, young players waiting to hit you on the counter. Adapt the tactics you play to suit the mental and physical stats of your players and you should see improvements. I always listen to my assistant managers advice and its working a treat at the moment. Played 8 won 7 drew 1 and top of the championship.
Tonked villa 3-0, cardiff 3-1, Middlesboro 5-0, and sheff wed 4-0. These are all contenders for promotion so early forms looking promising, however my squad is packed with quality loan signings who will need to be replaced should I gain promotion hence having to adapt my tactic further in the future.

Took over at Exeter after my sacking. Gone to shit there too. Since the turn of the year now my strikers just cant score. Loads of chances every game but not putting them away regardless of tactics

signed Allan Saint-Maximin from Newcastle for £7.75M... Proving to be an absolute bargain. Plays in a number of positions which is ideal.

Back