Football Manager 2020

Decided to do a Journeyman type save started unemployed with no badges and Sunday league football experience, KTP from the Finnish second tier offered me a job kept them up but finding decent players is now a struggle, you know it's bad when you see a 46 year old Tyson Nunez (yes he's still playing) and think he could do a job!

Doing this currently on my single player save. Started off in Iceland 2nd tier, spent 4 seasons there. Got promoted and won the title in my second year, was a piece of piss.

Just moved to Randers in the Danish 2nd tier, and in a promotion battle.

Also doing a network game with a mate where we are in the 3rd tier, I'm Kaiserslautern and he's 1860 Munich.

Got bored of my SAFC save quickly. Was on beta, and i didn't set the database up big enough.

Just finished season one, won the league with 99 points, 18 clear of 2nd placed Oxford. Dobson was the best player in the league, played him as a DLP sitting in front of the back four. McGeouch was also fantastic. Maguire top scored with about 12 league goals which pretty much sums up how shite our forwards are. Sold Wyke to Hull for £100k in January and pretty much stumbled through to the end of the season alternating between Grigg and McNulty. Grigg ended up with about 9 league goals, but I'd say 5 of them were penalties. Stuck him straight on the transfer list at the end of the season.

Only player I signed in season one was a LB called Stephen Kingsley, can't remember who I bought him from, Birmingham maybe? He was canny average and mostly backed up De Bock. He's going to have to step up in the Championship though as De Bock is back at Leeds and Hume is garbage.

McGeady is retiring before the start of 2020/21 which I'm quite happy about, he only managed a few league goals and was largely outshone by Maguire. He's also on about £16k p/w.

Jordan Jones from Rangers is a great signing for League One.

Charlie Wyke + £825K for Tom Eaves in my first season was a great bit of business for me too. 27 goals and 5 assists in 48 games.

Need midfielders for championship, any suggestions?
I got Hyndman on a free, think he is released by some prem club. Good for championship and becomes decent for prem.
I got ponceau for free i think, young cm who is decent prem level, very good player.

Mobile version is far too easy, players grow at a ridiculous rate. Max Power and Connor Mclaughlin have grown in to two outstanding premier league players. Jordan Willis is one of the best CBs in the league and I'm getting bids from Man City, Bayern and Juventus for him :lol: Even Ethan Robson has grown into a decent prem player after getting an extended run in the team due to injuries

Mobile version is far too easy, players grow at a ridiculous rate. Max Power and Connor Mclaughlin have grown in to two outstanding premier league players. Jordan Willis is one of the best CBs in the league and I'm getting bids from Man City, Bayern and Juventus for him :lol: Even Ethan Robson has grown into a decent prem player after getting an extended run in the team due to injuries
That was my thinking too, ridiculously easy in L1 and the championship. McLaughlin going for £10M+ :lol:

I am in my second season with the lads. Won league 1 by 1 point in the first season. The top six was very close and I though I wasn't going to go up for most of the season. I have started the second season well and I am in 3rd place after 15 games but I am relying massively on loans from Premier league clubs. I have Brewster from Liverpool who is my best player, Carter Vickers from Spurs, Pedro Porro from Man CIty, Uriel Antuna from City and Pellegri from Monaco. The best performing player who I actually own is McGeouch.

scraped into the playoffs for promotion to the prem in season 3, the club does seem to be in severe financial difficulties however
scraped into the playoffs for promotion to the prem in season 3, the club does seem to be in severe financial difficulties however

my top scorer got injured just before the final and I lost one nil:(
another year in the friggin championship with nee money

Last edited:
Managed to get promoted to the Prem via the playoffs.
Played Villa in the semi and beat them comfortably.
In the final played QPR, they missed a penna then took the lead. I then equalised through an own goal in the 95th minute and won on penalties.
Been given 39m for the Prem so just looking for some decent players but it’s going to be a struggle surviving.

Managed to get promoted to the Prem via the playoffs.
Played Villa in the semi and beat them comfortably.
In the final played QPR, they missed a penna then took the lead. I then equalised through an own goal in the 95th minute and won on penalties.
Been given 39m for the Prem so just looking for some decent players but it’s going to be a struggle surviving.
I’ve played 5 games in the PL. 1 win (Burnley) and 4 defeats (Palace, Spurs, Southampton, West Ham). It’s gonna be tough to stay up, see how the next 10 games pan out.

Went 4-5-1 and results instantly improved. Up to 13th but only 3 points behind Chelsea in 4th. League table is ridiculously tight. Signed Danny Welbeck for 1.5M from Watford and he’s banging them in.

Back