Football Manager 2020

15 or so games into my second season and i'm 3rd in the championship which i should be delighted with but guess who is top........ the Mags.
Didn't expect to have a derby match so soon on this game but i managed a nice 3-0 win away which closed the gap to 2 or 3 points but that was a few games ago and i've dropped off slightly since.
Long way to go though and i also have Leicester to deal with as they somehow got relegated

Best find so far is Juan Antonio Ros, young Spanish defender that i play at CB but can play DM. Picked him up for £145k in L1 second transfer window.

George Dobson is absolutely class as a DLP. He's 5 star rated and worth over £15m for me now.

In my 4th season now. It's quite slow.

Fair few bugs still in it but nothing game-breaking, not sure if the clubs vision thing is clever enough to be realistic.

Just started 1st season with the lads. Won the first 4 but lost to Wimbledon and can't get anything out of the strikers or McGeady. How is everyone setting the team up tactically? Got quite an attacking set up but am scraping 1-0s, was the same last year as everyone put 10 behind the ball in League One.

I played this for a season with Spurs. Found it really dull so far. Had a look on the feedback thread and hopefully the things that annoy me are getting fixed due to regular complaints. Every game was the same with the AI doing worldy 50m passes from side to side to side to side til a winger had a shot. On my attack I hit the woodwork 4-5 times per game, have at least one var offside very game, and my wingers never square it to strikers despite constant tactic tweaks, and 50% of my goals are first time volleys or long range drives from about 30 yards. Time to wait for any much needed patch for me!

Which graphic face pack have yous got? I got the DF mega pack but the pictures are tiny and sunderland players all have their old clubs shirts on, not great like

Fair few bugs still in it but nothing game-breaking, not sure if the clubs vision thing is clever enough to be realistic.

Is there no restrictions on the beta? I thought it used to be like 6 months with 1 league loaded or something?

Is there no restrictions on the beta? I thought it used to be like 6 months with 1 league loaded or something?

It used to be until Christmas but they used to just call it a demo rather than a beta.

Am I being daft here or are is there no way to look at the under 23 and under 18 squads?

No restrictions mate, full release in its current state. Approaching 5th season now.
It used to be until Christmas but they used to just call it a demo rather than a beta.

Am I being daft here or are is there no way to look at the under 23 and under 18 squads?

Dev centre and then use a tab to see the team in a conventional manner.

George Dobson is amazing in this game. In the third season I accepted an offer to manage Celtic, brought him there because of his release clause as a squad player, he's now first name on the team sheet.

George Dobson is amazing in this game. In the third season I accepted an offer to manage Celtic, brought him there because of his release clause as a squad player, he's now first name on the team sheet.

What position and role do you play him in? He is just steady away on my Sunderland save.

Finished 5th in the championship and then lost to Boro in the first round of the playoffs.
Leicester & Mags went up automatically.
My transfer budget for the new season..... £200k :rolleyes:

Got the offered the Everton job and took it straight away
Any decent advise on early signings for Sunderland?

Juan Antonio Ros, young Spanish CB for about £145k, think I got him in January

Last edited:
A pretty boring 4-4-2 worked for me at league one, played around abit with roles but advanced forwards and attacking mentality worked alright.

same, won league 1 with an attacking 4-4-2, 2 box to box central midfielders, attacking wingers and attacking full backs. Currently 3rd in the Championship with a slightly more cautious 4-4-2.

I haven't played one in a few years but it seems easier than I remember... unless I got lucky with the formation choice.

It's really slow imo. I like to have a few countries in (England, Scotland, Italy and Spain at present) with small database but fuck me, it keeps going to the home page every day, sometimes a few times a day (if there aren't any messages I have to respond to I'd much rather it just kept going) and it seems to take about ten minutes between matches (it's probably 3 or 4 but feels like ages).

I tried being Sunderland, got sacked in my first season as, realistically enough, none of my f***ing strikers could score a goal! A couple of things irritated me. Firstly, my finances were fucked, there was a fair bit in the bank but we were just losing money every week. I clicked the finances option and in income there weren't any solidarity payments, is that not where they should have been putting our last parachute payments (which I believe are paid monthly)?

Then, when I was sacked I had a really good relationship with the players, but when I applied for a new job I had an interview question saying they were worried about the bad relationship I had with the players at the last club.

What is the touch version like, is it a lot quicker? I can happily lose daft things like team talks. I remember the good old days of CM 0102 and the likes. Me and a mate would have a team each, do all the transfers and stuff, and after about 5 hours of playing we'd have finished a season. When I come in knackered from work I can't really be arsed sitting for 4 evenings only to be in March and get sacked, seems a waste!

Back