Football Manager 2020

I’m having massive problems with strikers scoring goals like. Most of them come from the wide and central midfielders, Power is absolutely lethal even in the championship for some reason.

Played 16 games in the champo so far, lying in 4th. Somehow Leicester managed to get relegated first season so they’re storming the league with 13 wins and 3 draws so far.
Did you look to loan Pellegri ? I got him for 2 seasons

6 points clear with 7 games to go in League One but form has been patchy lately, everybody puts 10 men behind the ball and we can't break them down. Maddison has been nothing special for me. Grigg banged them in for fun first half of the season but hasn't had a sniff since Christmas.

Ended up paying up Maddison's contract in the summer he was that bad.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He was good for me on the wing and very good as a AMC in the PL now so hes only back up to Pelayo Morilla

Tried giving him away on a free but there was no interest whatsoever. Brewster came good in the 2nd half of the season in League One, didn't score a single goal before Christmas but ended up as me top scorer with 18 by the end of the season.

Anyone else finding the finances impossible to keep on top of? We’re in the championship at the minute with the 16th highest wage budget in the league, and yet we lose £1m a month.

Just had the most gutting end to the season ever on any FM.

First of all we didn’t get promoted to the PL despite reaching 91 points. Last game of the season level on points with Brentford and with a better goal difference. Go 2-0 up after half an hour, thinking champion job done. We get dragged back to 2-2 but retake the lead with 15 minutes to go. Then on 87 minutes they score from a corner to make it 3-3 to make sure we don’t get promoted.

Play off semi final we absolutely smash Bristol City 7-1 on aggregate so surely we can’t fuck it up again can we? Play off final against Huddersfield and despite dominating the game it finishes 1-1 after 90 minutes. They scored an 116th minute winner to make it 2-1.

Turned the game straight off after that :lol:

First of all we didn’t get promoted to the PL despite reaching 91 points. Last game of the season level on points with Brentford and with a better goal difference. Go 2-0 up after half an hour, thinking champion job done. We get dragged back to 2-2 but retake the lead with 15 minutes to go. Then on 87 minutes they score from a corner to make it 3-3 to make sure we don’t get promoted.

Play off semi final we absolutely smash Bristol City 7-1 on aggregate so surely we can’t fuck it up again can we? Play off final against Huddersfield and despite dominating the game it finishes 1-1 after 90 minutes. They scored an 116th minute winner to make it 2-1.

:):) Think my laptop would have been out the window if that happened to me

After the first 13 games on our return to the PL we were struggling to say the least P13 W2 D2 L9 the 4 games after the World Cup break we are flying 4 wins off the belt upto 9th in the table :cool: Sold Cerro and Dobson for a combined £10m and was given an extra £20m for transfers brought in Chong £5m, Brandon Williams £9m and Tom Davies £9m

Putting a canny team together

O'Hara
Robles - Okore - Nartey - Williams
Davies - Mendez
Chong - Morilla - Franchu
Romero​

Last edited:

Oof! This game will kick you full on in the nuts like.

Just started this after missing FM19 out. I like some of the changes so far. The standard skins are a bit shit though. First transfer window just passed for me. My scouting team is a bit undeveloped so I only ended up with one Lithuanian lad in from Hibs (can't even remember his name) to play CM. Also Grigg is hopeless on it. Has anybody ever got him firing on all cylinders? Playing with 2 advanced wingers and an AMC set as advanced playmaker working the ball into the box

I started afresh from my Beta when it was released.

Just won the league on goal difference in the first season :lol:

I signed Maddison who has been absolute toss and Brewster who's hit and miss.

McGeady and Maguire finished my joint top scorers, we scored about 80 goals but conceded quite a few too!

I really struggled to find a half decent striker on loan and SD wont give me any money. The budget for the Championship is 2m so loan signings it is again!

Just started this after missing FM19 out. I like some of the changes so far. The standard skins are a bit shit though. First transfer window just passed for me. My scouting team is a bit undeveloped so I only ended up with one Lithuanian lad in from Hibs (can't even remember his name) to play CM. Also Grigg is hopeless on it. Has anybody ever got him firing on all cylinders? Playing with 2 advanced wingers and an AMC set as advanced playmaker working the ball into the box
He absolutely banged them in as an Advanced Forward in the first half of the season in League One then was permanently offside in the second half.

Just started in the Championship, won 2, lost 2 and drawn 3 from the first 7 but got absolutely dicked off QPR and Sheff United. Think it's going to be a struggle

He absolutely banged them in as an Advanced Forward in the first half of the season in League One then was permanently offside in the second half.

Just started in the Championship, won 2, lost 2 and drawn 3 from the first 7 but got absolutely dicked off QPR and Sheff United. Think it's going to be a struggle

Aye I have him as advanced forward. Was thinking of switching it to poacher as if I'm working the ball into the box I want someone on the end of it and not involved in the approach play.

Back