Football Manager 2020

Best leagues I’ve found in Europe are Dutch leagues and Italian.

Everywhere else I’ve found there’s either too much money involved or it’s easy to simulate a league and you’ll still win via lack of competition.

I’ll undertake the Marinese challenge one day but it takes serious patience lurking around the lower leagues with not a pot to piss in

Bit of a anticlimatic season for my Nashville side.

Basically the league in split into 2 domestic cups; The Western/Eastern which can have 2 winners, an Eastern winner and a Western winner. The top 6 play each other in a standard playoff to determine the winner. And there's the MLS Shield where the 2 divisions combine to determine a final position there

I finished 2nd in the Western Conference but because Eastern has alot more challenging teams it only equalled 6th in the overall league.

Got knocked out by the LA Galaxy in the Western Conference semi-finals who also topped the overall league by 17 points - They finished 20th last season, back to how I was saying unpredictable the league is and how important 1st draft picks are

And then there's the standard domestic knockout competition cup where I was let down by my backup side in the Qtr finals.

Top scorer was an old FM legend in Carlos Fierro. Nowhere near as good as he was in previous FM's but can bang in lower levels.

Annoyed as I'm finally in the first game that's really got me gripped, just over a month away from the new game coming out.

Season 5 with Bristol Rovers, 5th in the Prem in mid November after finishing 9th and 7th. Top of my Europa group and not enjoying the fixture pile up (particularly after the Qatar World Cup last season, 3 games a week for 3-4 months man).

Playing a flat 4-3-3, Brazilian wonderkid Talles Magno and Rhian Brewster my wide strikers absolutely banging them in.

Tried the South African Prem in this version, but got a bit bored. Enjoyed Italy but haven't experimented enough, always prefer a game abroad. Croatia or Holland look quite appealing for FM 21.

Really struggled to find a decent save on this years game. Tried most of the big leagues, tried a lower league save and nothing has gripped me. Ill still get the new game when it comes out but typically Ive just started a game with Seville and Im enjoying it, predicted to finish 4th and im currently 6th.

Got off to a cracking start, winning the first 5 games but then Real Madrid rolled into town, they smashed me 0-4 and now im trying to recover, poor 0-0 draw at home to Real Betis and a 0-0 draw away at Valladolid. Munir is my main striker but he has been dreadful the last few games (6.2 average rating) so a striker is my main priority in January, Ive got £8 million in the transfer kitty which isnt great but Ive got a lot of saleable assets.

The board want me to get to the final of the Europa League, final of the Spanish Cup and finish 4th :lol:

Really enjoying my Nashville save, I learnt throughout the save that the Canadian sides in the MLS (Toronto, Montreal and Vancover) have an exclusive rule that they must field 3 Canadian players within their matchday squad aswell as the limit of 8 non-US players in the 25 man squad (can be increased) It's a bit like telling Newport County that they must field Welsh players, puts them at an extreme disadvantage and only wished there was a Canadian team entering the MLS sometime soon for an epic save.

I'm 75% through the 21/22 season, I was top of the overall MLS table by 9 points but my team has had a complete meltdown and hasn't won in 6 games, even struggled against US Division 2 side Birmingham Legion in the domestic knockout cup.

Nonetheless it's setup a tense final 10 games to see if I can hang on.

I had a quick check to see if PP was still working his magic at Sunderland, he got beat in the Championship playoffs. Boy is a beast on my save.

Last edited:
Bit miffed with the Bristol Rovers fans. Just finished 6th and won the Europa League (had a very cushy run, no major teams in it after the groups) in 5th season. No big credit for winning the Europa from board and still only on 'favoured personnel' despite being the most successful manager in their history (even Ian Holloway is an 'icon'). In fact, even the chairman has muscled his way in.

Starting to realise how absurd the MLS is. And the ruleset is the least of the problems.

I've been entered into a 'Leagues Cup' I didn't know what the fuck that was, but Wikipedia told me it only started last season IRL, it consists of the top 8 US teams and the top 8 Mexican teams in a knockout tournament.

So you've got 34 domestic fixtures
3 playoff fixtures to determine the winner of your region
8 rounds of the domestic cup
10 games in the CONACAF Champions League with grp stages + knockouts
5 games in the 'Leagues Cup'

That's 60 games a season, and they're entering 4 more teams in the next 2 years which will take that upto 65.
And if that doesn't fuck with your head, The MLS, Leagues, CONACAF and US Cup all different rules from each other in terms of what and how many foreigners you can field.

Last edited:
Why do all my signings turn shite?
Used all my budget on an Argentina wonder kid, the next batistuta etc etc played great first few games then turned shit and all his stats have dropped by one or 2 points. Down from 4 and a half stars to 3 stars in half a season. :mad:

Starting to realise how absurd the MLS is. And the ruleset is the least of the problems.

I've been entered into a 'Leagues Cup' I didn't know what the fuck that was, but Wikipedia told me it only started last season IRL, it consists of the top 8 US teams and the top 8 Mexican teams in a knockout tournament.

So you've got 34 domestic fixtures
3 playoff fixtures to determine the winner of your region
8 rounds of the domestic cup
10 games in the CONACAF Champions League with grp stages + knockouts
5 games in the 'Leagues Cup'

That's 60 games a season, and they're entering 4 more teams in the next 2 years which will take that upto 65.
And if that doesn't fuck with your head, The MLS, Leagues, CONACAF and US Cup all different rules from each other in terms of what and how many foreigners you can field.
I lasted a season and a half in the MLS, couldn't get my head around the transfer restrictions and rules around that and wage caps.

Just finished my first season with Salford. Won the league with record wins (34) and only lost 4.

Adam Rooney with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas playing just off him is lethal. 49 goals between them.

Also Jack Baldwin - 39 games, 22 yellow cards :lol:

I lasted a season and a half in the MLS, couldn't get my head around the transfer restrictions and rules around that and wage caps.

It's easy when you get used to it.

8 foreign players per team, can buy foreign slots from other MLS teams with your transfer budget
3 Designated players per team, your Ibra's, Beckham's etc. Not important
Salary cap of £63,000 a week, young foreign talent who could potentially apply for US citizenship in the future (known as a Discovery player) or a Designated player doesn't count towards it, again can use your budget to raise it.

Heading into the last month of my first season with Sevilla, sat in 3rd place ahead of Atletico and Valencia. Im miles ahead of 6th spot so should manage a Europa League spot at the very least. Won the last 5 games after I had a bad run of form, which included an embarrassing 3-2 aggregate loss to Basel in the first knockout round of the Europa League. Munir up front was shocking on his own, he had teams interested in him so he is off to Leicester in the summer for £22 million. Ive changed tactics to 2 up top and he is now banging them in :lol:

Oliver is an absolute machine. Rakitic is still a star and has scored a few screamers this season, still worth £34 million in the latter stages of his career. Hoping to get through this season, qualify for the Champions League and try to fund a move for Dembele from Lyon, Ive been scouting him all season, declaring interest etc in the hope that Lyon will get sick of me enquiring and sell him to me. Got a few youngsters coming in the summer including Talles Magno who I bought on a previous save and he was mint, only 17 too so plenty of time to get better.

After 8 seasons and huge success at Dundee Utd

SPL titles x 4
Scottish Cups x 4
Betfred Cups x 3

With a heavy heart I've finally moved on in pre season of the 2027/28 season applied and got the Man City job main pull is them having Mbappe a player I've never been close to being able to sign on any save really :lol: City finished 10th the previous season very confident of getting them back challenging some superb playersin the squad also good average age of squad too

Back