Football Manager 2020

They said the Xbox version will be based on the Touch one for control reasons but that how many leagues you have active depends on which Xbox you have.
Aye just googled it there. Makes sense from a control perspective but hopefully you'll be able to run more leagues than the Touch version

They said the Xbox version will be based on the Touch one for control reasons but that how many leagues you have active depends on which Xbox you have.

That don't make much sense at all. Even an S series Xbox is better than 90% of gaming PC's out there never mind shitty laptops which runs normal FM.

Pants pure pulled down there. Switch has always been Touch version but these next-gens are actual beasts compared to the stuff nowadays.

Last edited:
That don't make much sense at all. Even an S series Xbox is better than 90% of gaming PC's out there never mind shitty laptops which runs normal FM.

Pants pure pulled down there. Switch has always been Touch version but these next-gens are actual beasts compared to the stuff nowadays.
Well it's also out on Xbox One and that uses a HDD rather than an SSD, so I'd guess that may struggle loading a certain number of leagues.

I've had the last couple on the Switch when they've dropped in price. Obviously not the full version but it's handy to pick up and play when watching the telly.

My laptop is shite so I never bother with the main game but I'm hoping the Xbox version is the same one. Apparently it's a 'Play anywhere' title as well so if you buy it on PC you can also play it on the Xbox.
My laptop runs it ok but the fan sounds like a plane taking off. Was wondering if I could get it on Stadia instead and how it would work? I know you can't use custom kits etc

Release date November 24th which means the Beta will be out around 10th. Not significantly later than usual, which I was expecting.

Hopefully we start to see what editions they've made to the new game. Usually I think people complain a bit too much about issues, but the match engine was poor this year. From the early issue with one on ones and the cheat set pieces, through to 3 at the back making you almost unstoppable, followed by your formation breaking in January for no valid reason. I'm hoping it's a bit better next year. I also hope that they haven't gone overboard with making Brexit and Covid too realistic.

Release date November 24th which means the Beta will be out around 10th. Not significantly later than usual, which I was expecting.

The release date is questionable as the 19/20 MLS season will be still ongoing :D
It’s pretty significant also as next season welcomes Charlotte and Austin FC - The latter probably presenting the biggest challenge so far as just like Nashville, they’ve no big backers but this time in the same conference as the big boys; Galaxy, Inter Miami and Atalanta.

Between that and the decision to make the next-gen series Touch version which will easily run about 15 leagues at once I’ve a feeling it’s just going to be a cheap update to kits and squads.

PES aren’t releasing a game in the 20/21 season and making a rather large patch, I give full credit to them for doing that

I withdraw my statement about the next FM not having anything, I reckon the Women's Super League will be in.

They're all coming over to England to play as its the only woman's league left with money in cos of COVID and I reckon SiGames will definitely hop on that bandwagon. I can't see anything else new however.

Channeling my inner Jack Ross with my Nashville team with 16 draws in 25 games ffs :D

Sat 4th in my conference league which would actually see me into the next round.

It appears FM20 rates PP very high, Sunderland finished on 100 points 31 pts ahead of Blackpool - Methven would be proud.

Channeling my inner Jack Ross with my Nashville team with 16 draws in 25 games ffs :D

Sat 4th in my conference league which would actually see me into the next round.

It appears FM20 rates PP very high, Sunderland finished on 100 points 31 pts ahead of Blackpool - Methven would be proud.
He was shite on my Plymouth save. He was sacked early on and they only finished in the playoffs in their first season. I passed them the next year when they finished 12th. In the five subsequent seasons they finished between 8th and 15th. I resigned as Plymouth manager after winning the champions league (**my final trophy after 2 premier leagues, 2 fa cups, 3 league cups, 1 European Super cup, 1 Europa League, 1 EFL Trophy, and 2 Community Shields**) and have dropped down to league one to get them back up. No money but the squad isnt too bad. Sam Field, Dominic Revan and Jordan Rossiter the pick of the bunch with a few regens that look ok-ish.

** I'm aware this isnt an achievement when playing in England but imagine a manager with that CV making this move in real life :lol:

He was shite on my Plymouth save. He was sacked early on and they only finished in the playoffs in their first season.

** I'm aware this isnt an achievement when playing in England but imagine a manager with that CV making this move in real life :lol:

Was this pre or post winter update?

This is my first save post-winter update I've never seen Sunderland so dominant, before it's Jack Ross in charge and he gets sacked within 10 games
Interestingly because I have the entire South America database loaded for my Nashville scouts, they signed a 18 y/o from the Colombian 2nd tier :eek:

They won the checkatrade beating MK dons AET. PP absolutely killing it :cool:

Was this pre or post winter update?

This is my first save post-winter update I've never seen Sunderland so dominant, before it's Jack Ross in charge and he gets sacked within 10 games
Interestingly because I have the entire South America database loaded for my Nashville scouts, they signed a 18 y/o from the Colombian 2nd tier :eek:

They won the checkatrade beating MK dons AET. PP absolutely killing it :cool:
It’s post update. Scowen (think he’s the only current one left) was still there but let him go at end of his contract.

Therein lies one issue with the entire CM/FM game throughout the years. Its far too easy to win.

I assume you’ve won the CL with San Marino FC then all the way from Serie D?
It’s like the daddy of all challenges.

You need to move away from the big leagues to enjoy the game proper. It's like playing Fifa on amateur mode.

Last edited:
I assume you’ve won the CL with San Marino FC then all the way from Serie D?
It’s like the daddy of all challenges.

You need to move away from the big leagues to enjoy the game proper. It's like playing Fifa on amateur mode.
Currently playing as Durham City.
Have done previous saves as Peterlee (had to add them into the lowest league available in CM03/04) and Blyth - getting both to the very top reasonably easily.

But you are right, I rarely manage overseas. Perhaps that's the next challenge after Durham are kings of the world!

Back