Football Manager 2020

After 8 seasons and huge success at Dundee Utd

SPL titles x 4
Scottish Cups x 4
Betfred Cups x 3

With a heavy heart I've finally moved on in pre season of the 2027/28 season applied and got the Man City job main pull is them having Mbappe a player I've never been close to being able to sign on any save really :lol: City finished 10th the previous season very confident of getting them back challenging some superb playersin the squad also good average age of squad too
Whats Citys starting XI and squad in 2027/28?

Whats Citys starting XI and squad in 2027/28?
Players that are still there. Highlighted starters rest of squad a newgens

Ederson
Saliba

Upamecano
Harwood-Bellis
Gian-Luca Itter
Rodri
Neves
Foden
Harvey Elliott
Diego Lainez
Joao Felix
Mbappe

Sold these due to age and hefty wages

Sterling
Bernardo Silva
Demiral
Junior Traore
Hudson-Odi

Got a legends game going on FM12. Have Shackleton, Phillips and Clough as my front 3. Canny. Saving up to put bids in for Pele & Maradona...

Some first season at City after they finished 10th the previous season I always knew I'd get them challenging again after taking over in my first season in the job but winning the PL and Europa League in it is some going

P38 W31 D3 L4 GF73 GA23 Pts 96

Beat PSV 2-1 in the Europa

Think I'll have 5 seasons here before looking for a big job in Spain :cool:

FM21 out now but loving my current save on FM20 🙈 Itching to get the new one but know will be hard to get back into the save I've been playing if I do

This games f***ing rigged like.

f***ing is like. Had a game going where I was Plymouth. Expected to get play offs in league 2 but did some decent transfers and we were class. Winning games easily, long unbeaten run, knocked Watford and Leicester out of the FA Cup. But yet again, as always seems to happen, you get to about February / March and all of a sudden they turn to shit. I'm talking like 22nd in the form table kind of shit. Losing to 24th at home, going 2-0 up and just knowing you'll throw it away until ultimately you end up in the play offs (and lose).

Looking online and it said this was when other teams figure out your tactics and you need to make slight tweaks. That's absolute bollocks, in real life if you've got a good side its not as easy as other clubs figuring out your tactics and suddenly every fucker in the league can beat you! Does my f***ing head in. And I try changing tactics, or tweaking them, or minor personnel changes. Nowt helps, they just suddenly turn into a pile of shit. If it does it this season its going in the bin (well, it's a digital copy so it can't really, but I'll stop playing it anyway) .

f***ing is like. Had a game going where I was Plymouth. Expected to get play offs in league 2 but did some decent transfers and we were class. Winning games easily, long unbeaten run, knocked Watford and Leicester out of the FA Cup. But yet again, as always seems to happen, you get to about February / March and all of a sudden they turn to shit. I'm talking like 22nd in the form table kind of shit. Losing to 24th at home, going 2-0 up and just knowing you'll throw it away until ultimately you end up in the play offs (and lose).

Looking online and it said this was when other teams figure out your tactics and you need to make slight tweaks. That's absolute bollocks, in real life if you've got a good side its not as easy as other clubs figuring out your tactics and suddenly every fucker in the league can beat you! Does my f***ing head in. And I try changing tactics, or tweaking them, or minor personnel changes. Nowt helps, they just suddenly turn into a pile of shit. If it does it this season its going in the bin (well, it's a digital copy so it can't really, but I'll stop playing it anyway) .
Haven't bothered with this year's like so don't know if anything has changed. But in the past it wasn't that they figured out your tactics, it was that they changed the way they played against you based on your club's reputation. So with Sunderland, League One was always a slog because we're the biggest club in the division, everyone would put 10 men behind the ball against you. If you're Plymouth they probably won't, but if you go on a long unbeaten run and are top of the league your reputation will increase. Apparently it updates every year around January, so you go from flying to then collapsing in the second half of the season because they suddenly start to take note against you, your players won't have the space to get in behind then they'll hit you on the break.

It's frustrating as fuck like

Edit - Thought this was the FM21 thread. It's definitely the case on FM20.

Last edited:
Haven't bothered with this year's like so don't know if anything has changed. But in the past it wasn't that they figured out your tactics, it was that they changed the way they played against you based on your club's reputation. So with Sunderland, League One was always a slog because we're the biggest club in the division, everyone would put 10 men behind the ball against you. If you're Plymouth they probably won't, but if you go on a long unbeaten run and are top of the league your reputation will increase. Apparently it updates every year around January, so you go from flying to then collapsing in the second half of the season because they suddenly start to take note against you, your players won't have the space to get in behind then they'll hit you on the break.

It's frustrating as fuck like

Edit - Thought this was the FM21 thread. It's definitely the case on FM20.

Ah that might explain it. Aye it was in the new year that it started happening, and a proper collapse from February. Just so unrealistic. I get that if you're on a great run teams might take the threat a bit more seriously, but not suddenly in January, and not to the point where your form literally drops to 22nd in the league for a few months! Just feels scripted as hell (especially when the bad run continues but you're still just in touching distance of automatic until the last game, which you lose, then you know you're going to lose the play offs, that's happened a few times). Makes you think what's the point of playing if it's just going to decide you'll lose every game for a while!

Back