Football Manager 2019

I started with Leamington & managed to get up first year but found conference as a semi pro club difficult. Constantly fell out with my players over a lack of training & continually had to rest players second half of season because of the amount of games. Didn't help that the players were shite. Managed to get to round 4 of FA cup. Lost 4-1 to Man City. Beat sheff united A 1-0 & Plymouth A 3-1.

Big thing about the conference I noted was the amount of shit long balls you concede to teams playing 4-4-2. I outplayed the football league teams because they tried to play football. Made the game unenjoyable. Sacked the save off & started with Billericay. They've got 10 mill in bank so i'll win the VNS easily, then hoping to win the conference easily just by having better players. Save becomes fun when you get info football league. There's less hoofball.

Billerciay is far too easy. League 2 budget in VNS doesn't seem that fun to me.

VNN is the league to play in, 18 teams start with budgets between £4k and £6k.
The other 2 is York City who have a Conference budget
and Ashton Utd who start on minus budget with the club balance in the red.

Billerciay is far too easy. League 2 budget in VNS doesn't seem that fun to me.

VNN is the league to play in, 18 teams start with budgets between £4k and £6k.
The other 2 is York City who have a Conference budget
and Ashton Utd who start on minus budget with the club balance in the red.

Aye like I say mate I started as Leamington. Didn't sign anyone and got promoted first year. Just fancied having abit of fun being able to sign actual decent players rather than scraping the barrel in the conference. The hoofball really becomes tedious after a while it's just shite

Leamington are conference north and have no money. The league is easy to get out of but when players start dropping down & rapid regens go into the conference on loan ...

I dread to think what the hoofball is like down there if league one is anything to go by. It's getting a bit boring to be honest. Every team I've played barring Peterborough and Portsmouth have used tactics from the 80s.

It's really boring like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started again with Sunderland for the last time. Seem to finally have it sussed having downloaded a tactic from the steam workshop.
Brought in Crouch,Diabate and Angus McDonald on loan and also got Callum Camps and Marcus Maddison coming in January.
I’m top of the league by 8 points around November

It's alright and a good time waster and its basically just a stripped down version of the actual game.

Personally just find it far too easy, had back to back promotions with Spennymoor Town all the way to the Championship with the same Striker scoring 35+ goals every season despite his ingame stats being awful and him being an actual Spenny player in real life.

Like I say though, good time waster and gives you a good ego boost.

you should apply for the england job marra

Started again with Sunderland for the last time. Seem to finally have it sussed having downloaded a tactic from the steam workshop.
Brought in Crouch,Diabate and Angus McDonald on loan and also got Callum Camps and Marcus Maddison coming in January.

Which tactic can I ask? I'm doing pretty shite in my save

Turned things round massively in 2nd season after being 23rd after 3 games I'm now top of the league after 20 and 12 games unbeaten.

Tactic is working great, attacking wing backs with 2 inside forwards works really well. Lacking a proper defensive midfielder which covers the wing backs, but signed a decent looking young one in January, Charlie Adam doing well enough in that role so far though. Still can't seem to get my striker/s scoring plenty of goals, good job the whole team are contributing.

very similar to me. Sussed a tactic and flying now. Gooch and Maja scoring for fun now. Also got Diabate on loan who has been tremendous, they didn't even want me to pay any of his wages. Got Crouch too but haven't played him much, just gives me an alternative to Maja whilst Wyke is out (he got injured again on mine, just like real life).

Ins-

Sarkic (loan from Villa, back up GK)
Bree (loan from Villa)
Thorne (loan from Derby)
Boateng (200k from Exeter, liked the look of him and he's done really well, versatile too)
Diabate (loan from Leicester)
Forss (loan from Brentford)
Crouch (loan from Stoke)

Outs-

Ruiter- Sold back to Holland
Cattermole- Sold to Stoke
Matthews- Sold to Ayr
Robson- Loaned out
Loovens- Gone back to Holland
Sinclair- Can't terminate loan until Jan but has been demoted to the reserves.
Loads of kids who won't make it have either gone out on loan or gone to clubs for no fee.

Hoping to sell McGeady and Ozturk in January (although both have done when played). Don't want as many loan players but needed cover for all the injuries at the start of the game. Will look to either make some permanent in Jan or trim them down as I build for the championship. Want to try and get Embleton, Hume and Mumba involved more as well.

Best 11 is-

GK- Flanagan
RB- Bree
LB- Oviedo
CB- Baldwin
CB- Flanagan
DM- O'Nien
CM- Power
CM- McGeouch
LW- Diabate
RW- Gooch
ST- Maja

Really enjoying it, wish my real job didn't take up so much of my time so I could crack on with FM

Got a real knack of creating systems on FM ever since I started coaching semi pro teams a few FM's ago. On the other hand my Scouting is shite.

Tried to emulate Pep's high pressing in the VNN.. I am averaging 71% possession a game but I also have the lowest chance:goals ratio in the league so it's kinda working, god games at Spennymoor must be boring :D

Oh and Jack Ross got sacked after 9 games on my save, he picked up 2 points.

very similar to me. Sussed a tactic and flying now. Gooch and Maja scoring for fun now. Also got Diabate on loan who has been tremendous, they didn't even want me to pay any of his wages. Got Crouch too but haven't played him much, just gives me an alternative to Maja whilst Wyke is out (he got injured again on mine, just like real life).

Ins-

Sarkic (loan from Villa, back up GK)
Bree (loan from Villa)
Thorne (loan from Derby)
Boateng (200k from Exeter, liked the look of him and he's done really well, versatile too)
Diabate (loan from Leicester)
Forss (loan from Brentford)
Crouch (loan from Stoke)

Outs-

Ruiter- Sold back to Holland
Cattermole- Sold to Stoke
Matthews- Sold to Ayr
Robson- Loaned out
Loovens- Gone back to Holland
Sinclair- Can't terminate loan until Jan but has been demoted to the reserves.
Loads of kids who won't make it have either gone out on loan or gone to clubs for no fee.

Hoping to sell McGeady and Ozturk in January (although both have done when played). Don't want as many loan players but needed cover for all the injuries at the start of the game. Will look to either make some permanent in Jan or trim them down as I build for the championship. Want to try and get Embleton, Hume and Mumba involved more as well.

Best 11 is-

GK- Flanagan
RB- Bree
LB- Oviedo
CB- Baldwin
CB- Flanagan
DM- O'Nien
CM- Power
CM- McGeouch
LW- Diabate
RW- Gooch
ST- Maja

Really enjoying it, wish my real job didn't take up so much of my time so I could crack on with FM
Flanagan in nets and centre half? Must be really good.

Flanagan in nets and centre half? Must be really good.

Sorry I should have been clear. The goalkeeper is Jon Flanagan. The ex Liverpool defender. Retrained him as a goalie.

Bet you feel daft pointing it out now

Lost to 6th placed in the National League Eastleigh in the FA cup 1st round from an own goal in extra time.

Manager comes out saying it was an easy game, proper triggering :D

VNN is a boring league. 20 games 1 loss and I was hammered by Hereford :eek:

Any good centre backS to sign for when we get back to the prem??

Nah but that Fiete Arp becomes European Golden Boy afew times if you have some cash. Plays for Hamburg

Turned things round massively in 2nd season after being 23rd after 3 games I'm now top of the league after 20 and 12 games unbeaten.

Tactic is working great, attacking wing backs with 2 inside forwards works really well. Lacking a proper defensive midfielder which covers the wing backs, but signed a decent looking young one in January, Charlie Adam doing well enough in that role so far though. Still can't seem to get my striker/s scoring plenty of goals, good job the whole team are contributing.

What division you in mate?

Charlie Adam must have like 3/4 pace by second season. On a separate note I was playing against Derby who had signed Jagielka. Was thinking cracking, will be slow as fuck. Looked at his stats. 11 acceleration 12 pace :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody played the iPad version?

I’m not expecting the full functionality for £20 but to be paying 8-10x more than most games on an iPad I’d be expecting something VERY good.

Just reached February 2021 with the lads and currently sit 13th in Premier, somehow managing to draw 15 out 25 games :confused: (W5, L5).

I changed my objectives from avoid relegation scrap to finish mid table so had an extra £20m to spend in Jan, on top of the £45m i had in the summer.
Brought in Nicolas Gonzalez for £16.5m from Boca as my big problem is scoring goals, with a decent striker i'd be challenging for Europe so hopefully this is the answer.
Also managed to pick up Caglar Soyuncu for £2.2m from Leicester when they wanted over £20m for him in the summer

Back