Football Manager 2019

Finding this out big time in me second attempt like. Class going forward until the ball goes to Maja and concede with virtually every attack

When you're playing lower league the opposition seems to play more counter press and so just launches it forward as they tackle the striker. They always seem to find their way in on goal too. I'm playing as Leamington spa now and it's horrendous for it

nice 1, you getting much out of Maja? He scored a hat-trick in my first game but hasn't scored since. Really wanted to build the team round him for a few years

Nah mate. If you look at one of the photos I didn't have any top scorers in there. Think Maja got to about 13 goals but seeing as how I'd scored the most in the league that's not very good. I've really struggled to get anything out of my strikers when they're playing lone forward.

nice 1, you getting much out of Maja? He scored a hat-trick in my first game but hasn't scored since. Really wanted to build the team round him for a few years
He's missing loads of one on ones for me. I get him clean through 4/5 times per game and he nearly always misses. He's got 2 in 8 as it stands, thinking of giving Agbonlahor a few games after his impressive debut against Norwich in the cup .

Ive sacked all of my scluts. Had enough of the fuckers

I was in a mood cause im getting absolutely lashed every week in the prem. understandable with baldwin and foyth at the back mind.

Lanzini has been wank. Roberts wank. Fuck off

League & Check a trade double. Was dicking everyone then lost 4-2 to Shrewsbury home who rocked up literally playing nobody upfront and only an attacking midfielder going forward :lol:. Lost my opener & my final game too. So lost game 1, game 24, game 46. Tactics for anyone interested ...

Logon or register to see this image

Signed Yann-Aurel Bisseck. He's 17 year old & also Scott Malone in January because Oviedo got a 3 month injury. Most scored, least conceded. We are OP.

Logon or register to see this image

Was 4th off last not last actually * game 42 vs Donny Home

Tried you tactics mate with Sheff Wed. Sacked in November. Ive given up now. The game desperatley needs an update. Will try again in Jan.

Tried you tactics mate with Sheff Wed. Sacked in November. Ive given up now. The game desperatley needs an update. Will try again in Jan.

You need to put individual instructions on the players & make sure you've set your set pieces for attacking and defending or it won't work. Like any tactic I suppose

You need to put individual instructions on the players & make sure you've set your set pieces for attacking and defending or it won't work. Like any tactic I suppose

Aren’t the individual instructions pre-set to the position and role you have selected for the player?

Aren’t the individual instructions pre-set to the position and role you have selected for the player?

Erm yeah but they're shite so you need to edit it all and add additional things. For instance the central midfielder support will have no preset instructions and you need to add them in for him. I.e hold position, shoot less, dribble less. Helps give you a balance. Also the winger/IF and full backs also need abit doing to them to impact on their movement, shots and crosses. The AMC & BBM another two that needs a lot of modifications.

Then when you've done all that you need to make sure the players you select have no conflicting player traits for what you've put. I.e a CM with get further forward on when you want them playing central midfielder support holding it together.

Anyone that bought the game through Steam and is struggling with tactics can subscribe to ones other people have made in the Steam Workshop Steam Community :: Football Manager 2019

They can also be downloaded from other sites like FM Scout Football Manager 2019 Tactics | FM Scout

I haven't used one yet this year as i've found the tactics a bit easier to manage but the Scholes Can't Tackle one has been a favourite of mine on previous versions when i couldn't get anything to work.

Some people may class this as cheating (it is) but it can make the game a lot more enjoyable if you're short of time, it takes long enough just signing players and getting through matches.

The first thing i always do on any FM game is sign a Director of Football.
Mike Rigg is available at the start of the game (on the beta anyway) and i put him in charge of practically everything, the only things i don't are finalising first team signings & first team contracts.
I ask him to make signings for the first team even though i cancel the majority of the deals. He will always pull off a gem i didn't think of or didn't even show up on my scouting list.

I also recommend setting your coaches to run all aspects of training, opposition instructions and pre-game press conferences.
Saves a lot of time.

Erm yeah but they're shite so you need to edit it all and add additional things. For instance the central midfielder support will have no preset instructions and you need to add them in for him. I.e hold position, shoot less, dribble less. Helps give you a balance. Also the winger/IF and full backs also need abit doing to them to impact on their movement, shots and crosses. The AMC & BBM another two that needs a lot of modifications.

Then when you've done all that you need to make sure the players you select have no conflicting player traits for what you've put. I.e a CM with get further forward on when you want them playing central midfielder support holding it together.

I had got my pre-season down to an hour! That’s now out of the window!
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png

I do think im being inpatient to be honest, just expecting my tactic to work. The game is that in-depth that you can spend hours just tweaking.

I had got my pre-season down to an hour! That’s now out of the window!
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png

I do think im being inpatient to be honest, just expecting my tactic to work. The game is that in-depth that you can spend hours just tweaking.

Pictures didn't work for me but aye it's definitely a fiddly game.

Who's the best assistant manager to bring in at Sunderland? started off with someone called James Fowler and he seems a bit shit. Also I've left training to someone else and he's doing it and his stats arent very good

Started a save last night, first one on this game. I’ve went with Slovan Bratislava in the Slovakian Premier League.

The overall aim of this save is to win the league in a range of different countries, building up my reputation as I go and moving to higher standard leagues until i’ve pretty much conquered Europe.

Really enjoying Slovan Bratislava already, challenge in the fact you’re only allowed 5 foreign players in your league matchday squad, so I’m having to find Slovakian talent.

Through to the 4th qualifying round for Europa Group Stage, beat Glenovan, Dinamo Brest and Steaua Bucharest in previous rounds and have Lech Poznań to overcome.

Got a shite wage budget and next to no transfer funds. Got one Slovakian RB in and that’s going to be about it for transfers in the first window.
Read your post and I've started the same challenge, also with Slovan.

Bought a free transfer in Brazil, name escapes me but he plays DM, 33 years old and only wanted 1k a week so took the risk and he's been decent. Also signed Winnall on loan from Sheff Wed.

Beat Balzan is the first Q round, then narrowly beat a Kazakhstani team. Then I got drawn against frigging Feyenoord. Drew 0-0 at home and then went to De Kuip and won 2-1.

Who do I get in the last Q round? SEVILLA.

Set up defensively like in both legs against Feyenoord and against all odds I sneaked a 2-1 win in Sevilla. I went 1-0 down in 3 mins but scored either side of half time and held on. Brought them back to Bratislava and again they scored early, we scored on the hour mark and held on to progress to the groups.

My group is - PAOK, RB Salzburg and Atalanta. Been given 2.3m for qualifying so hopefully they give me some £ to spend.

In the league though my form hasn't been great, Won 3, drew 3 lost 0. Currently 4 points behind Trnava.

Really enjoying it and the striker Sproar is a goal machine.

Read your post and I've started the same challenge, also with Slovan.

Bought a free transfer in Brazil, name escapes me but he plays DM, 33 years old and only wanted 1k a week so took the risk and he's been decent. Also signed Winnall on loan from Sheff Wed.

Beat Balzan is the first Q round, then narrowly beat a Kazakhstani team. Then I got drawn against frigging Feyenoord. Drew 0-0 at home and then went to De Kuip and won 2-1.

Who do I get in the last Q round? SEVILLA.

Set up defensively like in both legs against Feyenoord and against all odds I sneaked a 2-1 win in Sevilla. I went 1-0 down in 3 mins but scored either side of half time and held on. Brought them back to Bratislava and again they scored early, we scored on the hour mark and held on to progress to the groups.

My group is - PAOK, RB Salzburg and Atalanta. Been given 2.3m for qualifying so hopefully they give me some £ to spend.

In the league though my form hasn't been great, Won 3, drew 3 lost 0. Currently 4 points behind Trnava.

Really enjoying it and the striker Sproar is a goal machine.
I got past Lech Poznan and had a group of Arsenal, Krasnodar and Malmo. I qualified in 2nd place, Arsenal stormed the group. Was drawn against Leverkusen in the first knockout round and that’s where my European journey came to an end. Drew first leg at home 1-1 and then lost 1-0 away. They’ve gone on to the semi’s now, so hoping they win it - they’ve knocked out Chelsea in the quarters.

In the league I have 4 games remaining and am 12 points ahead, so that’s all but won. I’ve got the final of the cup when I load up too, win that and I’ve achieved everything the board wanted while excelling in Europe.

I added to my defence in January but only made 3 signings in total for the season.

Sproar is a goal machine for me too, he’s currently on 42 for the season. Wherever I end up next, i’ll be making a move to take him with me.

I’m going to add a couple of leagues that are 3* standard as the Slovakian has been 2.5 stars. Thinking Belarus and Kazakhstan off the top of my head but i’ll check the league reputations first.

Football Manager Mobile on the ipad for me.

Started with Sunderland - we have a huge squad and could field 2 teams easily. Managed to sign Trent Sainsbury from PSV for £550k some how and a Czech sriker for the same price.

No U21 teams in the checkatrade I noticed.

I got past Lech Poznan and had a group of Arsenal, Krasnodar and Malmo. I qualified in 2nd place, Arsenal stormed the group. Was drawn against Leverkusen in the first knockout round and that’s where my European journey came to an end. Drew first leg at home 1-1 and then lost 1-0 away. They’ve gone on to the semi’s now, so hoping they win it - they’ve knocked out Chelsea in the quarters.

In the league I have 4 games remaining and am 12 points ahead, so that’s all but won. I’ve got the final of the cup when I load up too, win that and I’ve achieved everything the board wanted while excelling in Europe.

I added to my defence in January but only made 3 signings in total for the season.

Sproar is a goal machine for me too, he’s currently on 42 for the season. Wherever I end up next, i’ll be making a move to take him with me.

I’m going to add a couple of leagues that are 3* standard as the Slovakian has been 2.5 stars. Thinking Belarus and Kazakhstan off the top of my head but i’ll check the league reputations first.
Disappointing the options on this for European leagues. Also, the start dates of seasons have scuppered my plans.

Added Bulgaria and Serbia so I will await a decent job opportunity in either of those leagues and leave Slovan...

Intend on doing 2 LLM saves this year.

1 with Spennymoor Town, hate managing in England as it gets wicked easy once you reach the top tier but an underdog in the North East is too tempting.
A different country with okay prize pools TBA.

Starting off with Spennymoor, 2 local derbies against the more superior Blyth and the more inferior Darlo make it a bit more interesting this year.

Intend on doing 2 LLM saves this year.

1 with Spennymoor Town, hate managing in England as it gets wicked easy once you reach the top tier but an underdog in the North East is too tempting.
A different country with okay prize pools TBA.

Starting off with Spennymoor, 2 local derbies against the more superior Blyth and the more inferior Darlo make it a bit more interesting this year.

I started with Leamington & managed to get up first year but found conference as a semi pro club difficult. Constantly fell out with my players over a lack of training & continually had to rest players second half of season because of the amount of games. Didn't help that the players were shite. Managed to get to round 4 of FA cup. Lost 4-1 to Man City. Beat sheff united A 1-0 & Plymouth A 3-1.

Big thing about the conference I noted was the amount of shit long balls you concede to teams playing 4-4-2. I outplayed the football league teams because they tried to play football. Made the game unenjoyable. Sacked the save off & started with Billericay. They've got 10 mill in bank so i'll win the VNS easily, then hoping to win the conference easily just by having better players. Save becomes fun when you get info football league. There's less hoofball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished 2nd on last game of season in 1st season with the lads. Was very annoyed as was top most of season but picked up just a point from last 3 games.

Started Championship awful and 2nd bottom from first 4 games. Conceding far too many and not scoring enough so far. Squad seems good enough for top half got Tammy Abraham and Brahim Diaz on loan so need to find a tactic which is going to work.

I started with Leamington & managed to get up first year but found conference as a semi pro club difficult. Constantly fell out with my players over a lack of training & continually had to rest players second half of season because of the amount of games. Didn't help that the players were shite. Managed to get to round 4 of FA cup. Lost 4-1 to Man City. Beat sheff united A 1-0 & Plymouth A 3-1.

Big thing about the conference I noted was the amount of shit long balls you concede to teams playing 4-4-2. I outplayed the football league teams because they tried to play football. Made the game unenjoyable. Sacked the save off & started with Billericay. They've got 10 mill in bank so i'll win the VNS easily, then hoping to win the conference easily just by having better players. Save becomes fun when you get info football league. There's less hoofball.

I dread to think what the hoofball is like down there if league one is anything to go by. It's getting a bit boring to be honest. Every team I've played barring Peterborough and Portsmouth have used tactics from the 80s.

Back