Football Manager 2019

Who on earth is good to sign
For sunderland in league 1 :lol:

Been mentioned already - Jan Bednarek on loan from Southampton. Polish international centre half.

Carl Jenkinson on loan from Arsenal. Got an option to sign him for about 2.8mil as well which should be doable assuming promotion to the Championship.

Wait till the contract has expired before you offer them a contract, if you can.

Just signed Hyndman on a free. He wanted about £75k a week when I tried to sign him in June, ended up getting him in July for about £15k
I did mate. It was karl jenkinson. Signed for
Psv for 40k a week less than i was offering

Been mentioned already - Jan Bednarek on loan from Southampton. Polish international centre half.

Carl Jenkinson on loan from Arsenal. Got an option to sign him for about 2.8mil as well which should be doable assuming promotion to the Championship.
See above :lol:

I might start again like :lol:

League & Check a trade double. Was dicking everyone then lost 4-2 to Shrewsbury home who rocked up literally playing nobody upfront and only an attacking midfielder going forward :lol:. Lost my opener & my final game too. So lost game 1, game 24, game 46. Tactics for anyone interested ...

Logon or register to see this image

Signed Yann-Aurel Bisseck. He's 17 year old & also Scott Malone in January because Oviedo got a 3 month injury. Most scored, least conceded. We are OP.

Was 4th off last not last actually * game 42 vs Donny Home

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing the touch version on iPad, really enjoying it so far. Playing vertical tika-taka, top of the league after 5 games. Only player I've signed is Agbonlahor as cover, I'm saving the budget for the championship.

Back to back promotions. Went up 2nd with worst squad ive ever seen :lol:

Going to struggle like fuck in prem mind. Proper slim pickings on transfer front

I'm playing the touch version on iPad, really enjoying it so far. Playing vertical tika-taka, top of the league after 5 games. Only player I've signed is Agbonlahor as cover, I'm saving the budget for the championship.
Bassong is a mint signing

Ended up getting a bit more than the original £40m to spend in the Premier.
Haven't played a game yet but hoping this lot will do well

Emerson Hyndman - free
Sergio Diaz - £1.5m
Sebastian Corchia - £4.1m (£5.75m)
Paulo Vitor - £10m (£12.75m)
Andre-Franck Zambo Anguissa - £10m
Olexandr Zinchenko - £4.6m
Ailton - £4.9m (£6m)
Aristoteles Romero - £2.8m
Tammy Abraham - Loan
Demarai Gray - £5.5m
Jeffrey Bruma - Loan
Manuel Locatelli - Loan
Yangel Herrera - £3.6m (£5m)

Started a save last night, first one on this game. I’ve went with Slovan Bratislava in the Slovakian Premier League.

The overall aim of this save is to win the league in a range of different countries, building up my reputation as I go and moving to higher standard leagues until i’ve pretty much conquered Europe.

Really enjoying Slovan Bratislava already, challenge in the fact you’re only allowed 5 foreign players in your league matchday squad, so I’m having to find Slovakian talent.

Through to the 4th qualifying round for Europa Group Stage, beat Glenovan, Dinamo Brest and Steaua Bucharest in previous rounds and have Lech Poznań to overcome.

Got a shite wage budget and next to no transfer funds. Got one Slovakian RB in and that’s going to be about it for transfers in the first window.

Ended up getting a bit more than the original £40m to spend in the Premier.
Haven't played a game yet but hoping this lot will do well

Emerson Hyndman - free
Sergio Diaz - £1.5m
Sebastian Corchia - £4.1m (£5.75m)
Paulo Vitor - £10m (£12.75m)
Andre-Franck Zambo Anguissa - £10m
Olexandr Zinchenko - £4.6m
Ailton - £4.9m (£6m)
Aristoteles Romero - £2.8m
Tammy Abraham - Loan
Demarai Gray - £5.5m
Jeffrey Bruma - Loan
Manuel Locatelli - Loan
Yangel Herrera - £3.6m (£5m)
Its hard work like isnt it :lol:

Its hard work like isnt it :lol:

I had to do a lot of scouting as most of the players i tried to sign wanted ridiculous wages or would sign for someone else for less money.
Chalobah wanted £100k a week, Callum Wilson signed for West Ham on £10k less.
My 2 highest earners are on £50k

Can anyone recommend any decent tactics and what do people do about opposition instructions. My Arsenal team are too inconsistent at the moment.

Can anyone recommend any decent tactics and what do people do about opposition instructions. My Arsenal team are too inconsistent at the moment.
4-4-2. 2 Box to box CM's, 2 wingers, 1 AF 1 CF. Press/tackle hard for the first 20 minutes to fuckup some opposition/cause injuries, but take it off after 20 otherwise you'll get lerds of cards and injure your own players. The oppositions stamina will be 70% after HT and you'll be able to rip them apart.

Opposition Instructions: press the frontmen and AM's the whole game.

Been my basic tactic for years.

Started with the lads. Signings so far:

Berbatov (free)
Diabate (Leicester, Loan for free)
Jenkinson (Arsenal, Loan 10k p/w)
Zelalem (Arsenal, 500k with arsenal paying 8k wages)
Rus Ionut (free)

Sold:
Ruiter (leeds 475k)

Reminder to anyone starting with the lads to get Maja and Mumba signed up to decent length contracts... the little bastards wouldn't sign unless I gave them a minimum fee release clause, got around it by setting the clause to expire January 31st 2019.

Playing tiki taka with a positive mentality. Sitting second behind Pompey at the minute who are about 10 points clear. I've won 8, drew 2 and lost 3

4-4-2. 2 Box to box CM's, 2 wingers, 1 AF 1 CF. Press/tackle hard for the first 20 minutes to fuckup some opposition/cause injuries, but take it off after 20 otherwise you'll get lerds of cards and injure your own players. The oppositions stamina will be 70% after HT and you'll be able to rip them apart.

Opposition Instructions: press the frontmen and AM's the whole game.

Been my basic tactic for years.
Can I just say that that^^ post of mine was absolutely terrible. Ignore it completely.

Sorry people, I'll try to do better. ;)

League & Check a trade double. Was dicking everyone then lost 4-2 to Shrewsbury home who rocked up literally playing nobody upfront and only an attacking midfielder going forward :lol:. Lost my opener & my final game too. So lost game 1, game 24, game 46. Tactics for anyone interested ...

Signed Yann-Aurel Bisseck. He's 17 year old & also Scott Malone in January because Oviedo got a 3 month injury. Most scored, least conceded. We are OP.

Was 4th off last not last actually * game 42 vs Donny Home

Do you do any opposition instructions or anything else during the game?

Do you do any opposition instructions or anything else during the game?

Nah I just hire a good tactical assistant manager and let him do it. If there's a dangerous inside forwards I'll drop someone into DM and have him man mark but that's about it

The shouts seem to have more of an impact now too

Nah I just hire a good tactical assistant manager and let him do it. If there's a dangerous inside forwards I'll drop someone into DM and have him man mark but that's about it

The shouts seem to have more of an impact now too

nice 1, you getting much out of Maja? He scored a hat-trick in my first game but hasn't scored since. Really wanted to build the team round him for a few years

Back