Football Manager 2019

After managing Hartlepool to back to back promotions and guiding them to top of league 1, with Ethan Robson as my best player, I got offered the Swansea job and took it.

Maybe the opposition find your tactics really predictable. You'll need to mix things up every now and then.
My point was I agree with him. It is ridiculous shifting players out in this version of the game and they say so on other forums too. Baldwin valued at 6m..left for nowt still under contract (two years left) . I mean, fuck off with that shit AI!

I'm currently playing with the "hidden attributes" option and look forward to seeing that come to fruition in 4/5 years in the transfer market! In the meantime, trying to keep us in the prem isn't going to be easy..unless ya bloody fyl2u!

Finished 3rd in League One and won the play-off final against Southend on penalties.:cool:

Ended up bringing in the 16 year old from Hamilton as his contract expired. He's scored 20 goals in 37 appearences in the Championship season (most were from the bench).:cool:

Just finished a season in the Championship and finished 12th. Overall a strong season despite a difficult start and a difficult finish. We didn't win a game in our first 7 and I had serious doubts whether the squad was good enough. Got into some good form during the season and was 4 points off a play-off spot with 11 games to go. Finished the season terribly with 1 win in the last 10 leading up to the final game of the season.

Had QPR in my final game who sat in 6th, while Sunderland (7th), needed QPR to lose for a chance at the play-offs. Hammered them 4-0. Sunderland got to the play-offs and ended up beating Watford in the play-off final.

My young Scottish strike partnership worked a treat with one playing as an Advanced Forward and the other as a Poacher by the time the season came to a close. Both scored over 20 goals each despite neither being over 20 years old.

Sold Savvas Mourgos for £8.4m to Bournemouth. Got him on a free when I was in League 2 so a massive profit for me and allows me to strengthen all areas of the pitch. So far only brought in Marcus Harness (£400k) to play in the CAM role and hopefully be a good direct replacement for Mourgos, and Jak Alnwick from Rangers for £900k to replace my loanee goalkeeper.
Details on your formation? Can't for the life of me get a 2 striker formation to work with the strikers actually s ring.

Details on your formation? Can't for the life of me get a 2 striker formation to work with the strikers actually s ring.

4-1-2-1-2 narrow.

4 at the back with fullbacks and ball playing cb's,
Ball winning, physical, tall central defensive midfielder,
2 cm's: one playing box to box, the other playing whatever gets the best out of him,
CAM playing as an advanced playmaker,
2 forwards playing different roles and preferably whichever role they prefer.

Depends where I'm expecting my team to finish in the league as to how I set them up.

I'm currently 14th in my second Championship season after 16 games so I reckon Aldershot have hit their peak.

4-1-2-1-2 narrow.

2 cm's: one playing box to box, the other playing whatever gets the best out of him,

Depends where I'm expecting my team to finish in the league as to how I set them up.

I'm currently 14th in my second Championship season after 16 games so I reckon Aldershot have hit their peak.
Thanks, will give this a go later.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. I found somewhere with a CD key for £10.50

Going to use my old FM addiction to keep me off the booze and gambling :lol:

Know where I can download an update for this summers transfers?
booze and gambling...cross addiction. Is it serious? My brother has been clean for about 15 years now.

Just trying to help, after a couple of seasons the player transfers won't matter anyway.

I wasn't trying to be twat mind.

In the last 6 years ibe only had FM 16 and FM18. I tend to play until I get a non league team to the Prem, and then more often then not have to save Sunderland from what's currently going on at the club now.

4-1-2-1-2 narrow.

What team instructions mate?

Unbeaten after 7 games with the lads and sitting in 3rd.

Decided not to spend and brought in Tuanzebe (Man U), Kapustka (Leicester), McBurnie (Sheffield Utd) all on loan + Ross Wallace on a free.

I have also decided to play Mumba in the holding role to try and see how he pans out.

Last edited:
What team instructions mate?

Again just depends on where I expect myself to finish. If I was to just play 'my game', I go with a controlling type. Fast, short passes. Narrow play style. Closing down all over the pitch.

If I'm going to be struggling I go with a counter-attack approach. Depends on the team you've got really, though. I spend ages scouting and searching for players each transfer window in the hope I find a gem.

Again just depends on where I expect myself to finish. If I was to just play 'my game', I go with a controlling type. Fast, short passes. Narrow play style. Closing down all over the pitch.

If I'm going to be struggling I go with a counter-attack approach. Depends on the team you've got really, though. I spend ages scouting and searching for players each transfer window in the hope I find a gem.
Nowt worse than finding a gem only for Paris or Barcelona to turn their head after a season or two.

Back