Football Manager 2019

Finished 11th in the EPL in season 3 and hoped I'd be able to kick on with a decent transfer budget. Board gave me £20m the tight bastards. I've signed mostly youth players, 2 of which are class but don't have work permits, not really sure what to do about that! Sold Honeyman for £8.75m and Gooch for £5, good deals I think. Got Greenwood back on loan which is lucky cos my other strikers are shite and I can't afford a good one.

Anyone find it hard to sell players? Doing my head in tbh.
AI is only really interested in the 150+ PA players it seems. Or, shit young players. Nothing in between. Gooch is valued at 12m..no one has come in for him.

As usual. It's January and we've been doing really well. AI has decided "no more of that" 5 match losing streak has commenced. Same players etc...

Bullshit

AI is only really interested in the 150+ PA players it seems. Or, shit young players. Nothing in between. Gooch is valued at 12m..no one has come in for him.

As usual. It's January and we've been doing really well. AI has decided "no more of that" 5 match losing streak has commenced. Same players etc...

Bullshit
😂😂😂😂😂

Bullshit
Maybe the opposition find your tactics really predictable. You'll need to mix things up every now and then.

Bullshit
Welcome back :lol:

Finished 11th in the EPL in season 3 and hoped I'd be able to kick on with a decent transfer budget. Board gave me £20m the tight bastards. I've signed mostly youth players, 2 of which are class but don't have work permits, not really sure what to do about that! Sold Honeyman for £8.75m and Gooch for £5, good deals I think. Got Greenwood back on loan which is lucky cos my other strikers are shite and I can't afford a good one.

Loan them out to foreign clubs and hope that they get international caps for their countries iirc.

Loan them out to foreign clubs and hope that they get international caps for their countries iirc.
Aye, I’ve just got the board to agree to a foreign feeder club so will loan them out in the next window. One of them doesn’t want to go out on loan which is annoying although he is in the Argentina squad already.

Aye, I’ve just got the board to agree to a foreign feeder club so will loan them out in the next window. One of them doesn’t want to go out on loan which is annoying although he is in the Argentina squad already.

I had a brilliant young brazilian on mine who played LB and had class potential.

The best LB's in the world?
1st) Brazilian
2nd) Brazilian

f***ing typical. I worked out that by the time the other two were too old/retired, he'd be in his mid-late twenties. I cashed in on him in the next window.

Just been offered an international job for the first time on this game. So after just getting Shields promoted to the Premier League I’m now manager of them and France :lol:

Gerrin, both of my wonderkids now have 2 full international caps...surely that means they'll get work permits next time I'm allowed to apply?

Started a game in the MLS with Atlanta, mid season and top of the league. Im hoping to win this league and get a job in England. The transfer rules in the MLS is mental, cant get my head around it. Ive got shit load of injuries and cant sign anyone, the board keep cancelling any transfers, it looks like I have enough to pay them and wages yet cancelled citing wage allowance is exceeded. Doing my tits in

Top lower league bargains

Adam Lewis
Aaron Lewis
Ben Cabango
Ben Malone
Daishawn Redan
Dimitar Mitov

All great players and cheap/freebies
Finally got Birmingham promoted in my 3rd season, beat Hull in the playoffs. Board has given me a transfer budget of £36m for new season, I am dying to get away and am refusing to sign a new contract. Boro offered me a job but they got relegated. Hoping to get offered a job by a mid table side in Premier League, someone like Leicester or Everton, fingers crossed

Last edited:
Got to the January transfer window of season 4 and had very little to spend so told the board I wanted Oliver Ntcham as he was available for £13m from Spurs so they sorted it out. Had a spectacular collapse in the last 6 games of the season and dropped to 9th, still better than predicted for the season. Just got the new transfer budget and it's £60m...haway the board!

Started what should be my final save of FM19 a few days ago.

Started unemployed and took over Aldershot in November 2018.

Went with my usual 4-1-2-1-2 narrow formation.

Hammered the National league and earned promotion in my first season. Was quite easy as we were already knocked out of all cup competitions iirc. Sunderland also walked L1 with Gary Rowett in charge after JR was sacked.

Came 5th in League 2 and won the Play-Offs, beating Cambridge in the final. Also got to the Checkatrade final, but lost against Coventry on penalties. Made it to the Carabao Cup Quarter final with wins over Sunderland, Peterborough and Tottenham before being knocked out by Sheffield United. We beat Sunderland 3-2, with a 92nd minute winner for my striker to complete his hat-trick. Sunderland finished 7th in the Championship. Noticeable signing was Jack Evans from Swansea on a free (he'd just played 30 games for Swansea in the Championship).

Currently sat 6th in League One, 3 points off second, 6 points off top. The cup run last season gave me a fair bit of money which I've spent fairly well. Aldershot happen to have fantastic youth facilities and brought through a brilliant midfielder in my League 2 campaign. Reluctantly sold him to Spurs for £400k and a 35% sell-on bonus, his current value is £17m, he only played 7 games for me so it was probably good value for money. Also brought in a brilliant 16 year old Scottish Striker last season from Inverness for £20k who had scored 5 in 5 for them. He's currently worth £2.4m and scored 16 in 15 for me (15 in 12 in the league, and with 2 hat-tricks already this season he's probably the only reason I'm so high in the league). Trying to bring in another 16 year old Scottish striker from Hamilton but they want £2m for him. I've got about 15 youth players out on loan anorl. Noticable signing (so far) is Remie Streete on a free from Fleetwood.

Sunderland just sacked Rowett after a poor start to their 2nd Championship campaign. I went in for the job, knowing I was an outsider but Ryan Giggs beat me to the post. Gutted.

Every player seems to wants a release clause in their contract unless I offer ridiculous wages. I know that when managing teams at lower level this tends to be the norm, but it seems to be every player that I bring in/renew.

Last edited:
Top lower league bargains

Adam Lewis
Aaron Lewis
Ben Cabango
Ben Malone
Daishawn Redan
Dimitar Mitov

All great players and cheap/freebies
Finally got Birmingham promoted in my 3rd season, beat Hull in the playoffs. Board has given me a transfer budget of £36m for new season, I am dying to get away and am refusing to sign a new contract. Boro offered me a job but they got relegated. Hoping to get offered a job by a mid table side in Premier League, someone like Leicester or Everton, fingers crossed

Not been able to sign any of the above.

Started off in Jan 18 with Atlanta, won the MLS league with them, then Jack Ross was sacked in mid November and I was successful in being appointed. Were 7th in the league at christmas. I've drew 2, won 2 since taking over. Reinstated cattermole as captain and took it from honeyman. Managed to sign Fernando cago on a free and in negotiations to sign andy Carrol from west ham. But dont think he will be what I need. Only have a budget of 2 million and need someone who's going to score the goals to get us promoted. Grigg is out for 4 month, wyke is shite.

Started what should be my final save of FM19 a few days ago.

Started unemployed and took over Aldershot in November 2018.

Currently sat 6th in League One, 3 points off second, 6 points off top. The cup run last season gave me a fair bit of money which I've spent fairly well. Aldershot happen to have fantastic youth facilities and brought through a brilliant midfielder in my League 2 campaign. Reluctantly sold him to Spurs for £400k and a 35% sell-on bonus, his current value is £17m, he only played 7 games for me so it was probably good value for money. Also brought in a brilliant 16 year old Scottish Striker last season from Inverness for £20k who had scored 5 in 5 for them. He's currently worth £2.4m and scored 16 in 15 for me (15 in 12 in the league, and with 2 hat-tricks already this season he's probably the only reason I'm so high in the league). Trying to bring in another 16 year old Scottish striker from Hamilton but they want £2m for him. I've got about 15 youth players out on loan anorl. Noticable signing (so far) is Remie Streete on a free from Fleetwood.

Sunderland just sacked Rowett after a poor start to their 2nd Championship campaign. I went in for the job, knowing I was an outsider but Ryan Giggs beat me to the post. Gutted.

Every player seems to wants a release clause in their contract unless I offer ridiculous wages. I know that when managing teams at lower level this tends to be the norm, but it seems to be every player that I bring in/renew.

Finished 3rd in League One and won the play-off final against Southend on penalties.:cool:

Ended up bringing in the 16 year old from Hamilton as his contract expired. He's scored 20 goals in 37 appearences in the Championship season (most were from the bench).:cool:

Just finished a season in the Championship and finished 12th. Overall a strong season despite a difficult start and a difficult finish. We didn't win a game in our first 7 and I had serious doubts whether the squad was good enough. Got into some good form during the season and was 4 points off a play-off spot with 11 games to go. Finished the season terribly with 1 win in the last 10 leading up to the final game of the season.

Had QPR in my final game who sat in 6th, while Sunderland (7th), needed QPR to lose for a chance at the play-offs. Hammered them 4-0. Sunderland got to the play-offs and ended up beating Watford in the play-off final.

My young Scottish strike partnership worked a treat with one playing as an Advanced Forward and the other as a Poacher by the time the season came to a close. Both scored over 20 goals each despite neither being over 20 years old.

Sold Savvas Mourgos for £8.4m to Bournemouth. Got him on a free when I was in League 2 so a massive profit for me and allows me to strengthen all areas of the pitch. So far only brought in Marcus Harness (£400k) to play in the CAM role and hopefully be a good direct replacement for Mourgos, and Jak Alnwick from Rangers for £900k to replace my loanee goalkeeper.

Anyone tried managing in the MLS?

Christ the rules are complicated!

I decided I fancied a change after winning the South African top flight, African Champions League and Club World Championship multiple times with Royal Eagles, so I added the MLS and after being turned down for the Atlanta job, was given the job at New York Red Bulls.

It's bizarre, you've got all these different types of contract you can get players on, but only so many allowed of each, and some of them count towards your wage limit while others don't and some have part of their wage count towards the wage limit and anything above comes from a kitty that's separate from your normal wage and transfer budget, and it seems you have three separate wage/transfer budgets that have to be used for different things, and on top of it all, the wage cap for all teams in the league is only £63k so it's lucky you can use this other kitty to pay for players' wages, and there is a minimum and maximum a single player can be paid (league rule, not imposed by the club)...

Then there's the draft, for which you can trade picks with other MLS teams, but if you've got players at your club that you haven't been able to select in your MLS squad they then go onto a Waiver Draft where I think they can be picked up by anyone (I'm not there yet so I don't know exactly how this works)...

It's absolutely bonkers.

Going to take a bit of getting used to, this is. :eek:

A fiver for gooch seems a bit cheap, but to sell Honeyman for about 22 times what we sold him for is a good deal.

Back