Football Manager 2019

Is it worth the investment and time?

It's just a simplified version of the PC version. You can load 4 different country's leagues at a time so the database is quite big. Just like the PC version, you can download player faces, badges and other logos online to add depth to the game.

For £5 it's worth it.

Started a new save with South Shields the other day, already two promotions in two seasons. Signed a striker for the conference with 6 finishing, but 16 pace and acceleration and he scored 37 goals as we won the league with more than 100 points :lol:

Started a new save with South Shields the other day, already two promotions in two seasons. Signed a striker for the conference with 6 finishing, but 16 pace and acceleration and he scored 37 goals as we won the league with more than 100 points :lol:

To be fair, 6 finishing in those leagues isn't too bad, and to have any stats over 15 is incredible, never mind 2 different stats. I'm not surprised he's scored as many as he has - he'll probably carry that on until the national league at a guess.

To be fair, 6 finishing in those leagues isn't too bad, and to have any stats over 15 is incredible, never mind 2 different stats. I'm not surprised he's scored as many as he has - he'll probably carry that on until the national league at a guess.
That was for the National League :p

1st seasin th eEPL with Sunlund.

Talk to me
I had to change my formation midway through the season once I reached the epl. Played 4-2-3-1, mostly positive, all the way through league 1 and the championship but I took some absolute batterings in the pl with the same formation. In most games now I drop the acm and replace with a dm and adopt a cautious mentality, seems to work fairly well. Most of the players I’ve signed are quick and fit, seems to be working alright, i’m 11th with 10 or so games left of the season.

Oh, and loan Mason Greenwood...it’s fair to say I’d be in a pickle without him.

Currently in 2054 on my save (anyone would think I don't have a life!) started off unemployed and not much qualifications, anyway after travelling about a bit winning everything there is to win decided to try and save Sunderland who were 22nd in the championship we've only been in league 1 and the championship so thought i'll try and get us back to the Premier League, kept us up and currently 3rd 15 games in 2 points off top who happen to be Newcastle so could be an exciting season!

Oh and Liverpool are 21st in the Championship.
Won the league securing promotion at St James Park with a 1-1 draw :cool: Newcastle ended up finishing 3rd. Definitely didn't expect to win the league 21st highest wage bill in the championship, net spend was something like 20 million profit due to my best player being sold by the chairman, media prediction was 10th I thought we'd be stuck in the championship for a couple of seasons.

I had to change my formation midway through the season once I reached the epl. Played 4-2-3-1, mostly positive, all the way through league 1 and the championship but I took some absolute batterings in the pl with the same formation. In most games now I drop the acm and replace with a dm and adopt a cautious mentality, seems to work fairly well. Most of the players I’ve signed are quick and fit, seems to be working alright, i’m 11th with 10 or so games left of the season.

Oh, and loan Mason Greenwood...it’s fair to say I’d be in a pickle without him.

Spot on. I suspect most of us have had the exact same problem once you get in the EPL using the 4231 system. I'm using balanced (wish I had fyl2u here to just...manage my team) in a 4141 system just to keep the goals out. But the AI will score from a det piece or counter attack more often than not. Despite my efforts to deny them that.

Just fired up a new season on this. Have never really got into a lot of the newer ones. Feel like there is too much going. Not in the detail of the game mechanics, I enjoy that. Just feels like the interface is too loud and crowded. Is there any good skins out there people would recommend?

PC stating RAM is full and closes FM19

Anyone running it on dirt cheap laptop with decentish graphics

Is 300 quid far too optimistic? Can't justify new PC at min

Just finished season two with the lads, our first in the Championship.

Media predicted us to stay up - just. In the end we finished 4th but lost to Middlesbrough in the play off semi-finals 6-4 on aggregate. As you can see from the play off loss we didn't have a lot of trouble scoring goals - we were the highest scorers in the Championship - but we have been pretty awful defensively all year, despite having an emerging star in Matt Clarke at CB.

Special mentions to Uche Ikpeazu who smashed in 26 league goals whilst McGeady and Watmore finished with 22 each.

I let McGeady leave on a free in the summer which wasn't a popular decision amongst the fans. Also heading out the door were the likes of Ozturk, McGeouch and Grigg.

I raided Millwall for Aiden O'Brien, Jake Cooper and Tom Bradshaw but our most expensive signing was Dominic Iorfa who has joined from Sheffield Wednesday for £4.6m, I'm also paying him £28k p/w but I felt we needed a major upgrade at RB with Matthews and Flanagan alternating playing time there last season.

Team looks like this in season 3:

GK - Balcombe

WB - Iorfa
BPD - Clarke
CD - Cooper
WB - Oviedo

DLP - Aribo
BTB - Mumba

W - Watmore
AM - Honeyman
IF - O'Brien

PF - Ikpeazu

Mumba is attracting serious attention from the Premier League with West Ham showing a particularly strong interest, so far I've been able to keep hold of him though.

Media only tipping us for top half finish but I reckon we could go up this year, started season 3 with a 3-0 away win at Hull. :cool:

Finished 2nd year with Hartlepool, promoted to League one after romping league 2 and finishing on 108 points. Really need a decent striker after Sheff Wed got Luke James from me for £1m (board sold him, not me). Any recommendations?

I have just started my full 3rd season with Birmingham, board give me fuck all unless I sell. Very rarely release funds, wage budget is shit as well.

Finished my first season 3rd and 2nd season in 7th.

I am desperate to get away, would like a higher rated club to be fair in the Premier League, however apply for loads of jobs, get the interview but fail to impress other clubs, any tips for passing the interviews?
Btw

Ben Malone
Daishawn Redane

Scored 50 league goals between them during my last season. Malone cost me 45k and Redane was on loan he has now fucked off to Toronto

Last edited:
Found playing as Safc too easy on the early DB - won league one and championship with 100+ points and was PL champion in season 4.

Downloaded the updated DB with the summer transfers and turned the summer window off. 6 games in and I’m 21st! Willis, mcnulty, burge, McLaughlin and de bock are absolute shit. Dobson looks like he has potential, cracking mental stats but slow and not great technicals. Lynch has excellent stats for league one but gives a goal or two away EVERY game.

Enjoying the challenge to be honest. On the last version I sold cattermole, mcgeady, Oviedo and mcgeouch and had about £15m to spend after I converted some of the wages that freed up. Once you’ve got that much to spend in league one it’s a piece of piss.

Back