Football Manager 2019

Just bought this as our lass has mentioned celebs go dating or sum shite starts next week and is i bollocks watching that, i was gonna sell oviedo, cattermole and other high earners to free up some money for players to buy but thinking they might be a big help in getting me outa league 1 So im asking on here for anyone who started a save with Sunderland how did you do 1st season with and without these players was it worth keeping them or not?

Still in the first season on my second Sunderland save. My scouts recommended a young keeper from Sheff Wed, valued at £525k. I had a big of £400k rejected. Decided to see what happens when you let the board negotiate the transfer. Turns out Donald bought him for £6.25 million ffs, only had about £900k budget left :lol:. Hope this doesn't affect any other transfers I want to make
Just bought this as our lass has mentioned celebs go dating or sum shite starts next week and is i bollocks watching that, i was gonna sell oviedo, cattermole and other high earners to free up some money for players to buy but thinking they might be a big help in getting me outa league 1 So im asking on here for anyone who started a save with Sunderland how did you do 1st season with and without these players was it worth keeping them or not?
First save I kept them, was 5th in December and got sacked. Second save i have kept them again and I'm 3rd atm I think in November. Tempted to shift at least Catts though I think because he doesn't get in my team that often

Last edited:
First season I only got rid of Loovens (in the January). I bought Glen Johnson (free), Okyere Wriedt (forward FC Bayern II £230k) and Ethan Ebanks-Landell (CB Wolves £425K).
Finished 2nd.

Finished top of League 1 with 112 points in season one, won the CT beating Rochdale 2-1 in the final and also somehow managed to get to the FA Cup final which we lost 2-0 to Manchester City. Was an unbelievable cup run though as we saw off Premier League Fulham, Bournemouth and Wolves on the way to the final.

Spent prudently in the summer, in came Matt Clarke, Deji Oshilaga (both CB’s) Josh Ramsey (CAM) and Uche Ikpeazu (ST) for modest fees. Still got about £12m left of my transfer budget. Kept faith with a lot of the squad that got us up.

Season started with a 3-1 away loss to freshly relegated Huddersfield before a 0-0 home draw with Ipswich. We were then dumped out of the League Cup at third tier Barnsley. I was starting to think I hadn’t strengthened the squad sufficiently enough at this point.

Next game we trounced Birmingham 6-0 away from home before a creditable home draw with Boro, we then beat Rotherham 1-0 at the SoL, lost 1-0 at Swansea before beating Brentford 4-2 at the SoL. We’re hovering just outside the play offs atm which I’m delighted with. Will happily take a mid-table finish this year.

Guna have to look for a quality left winger in January. Maguire did his knee ligaments just after the summer transfer window shut and is out for 9 months, we only really have McGeady who can play there now and at 33 he’s already declining.

Downloaded the Maltese league database and have been giving it a bash. Started as Sirens (my cousin plays for them), half way through first season and top of the 2nd Division.

The games are mental though. Poor standard and very rarely a clean sheet.

In the championship playoffs after finishing 4th in my second season...heaven help me if I go up, my squad is nowhere near good enough for the prem. Got some good young uns mind so if I don’t go up I’ll be in a good position to kick on next season with 2 or 3 quality additions.

Promoted for the second season in a row after beating Huddersfield in the playoffs. £38m to spend, I expect next season to be a massive struggle!

Got a right nailbiter end to the season on mine. 2nd season with lads in championship. 6 points between top to 7th I'm sitting in 2nd with 3rd place Huddersfield at home next.

My home form seems to be getting worse as season goes on. Hoping I Can do it but wouldn't surprise me if I don't even make the playoffs

Currently in 2054 on my save (anyone would think I don't have a life!) started off unemployed and not much qualifications, anyway after travelling about a bit winning everything there is to win decided to try and save Sunderland who were 22nd in the championship we've only been in league 1 and the championship so thought i'll try and get us back to the Premier League, kept us up and currently 3rd 15 games in 2 points off top who happen to be Newcastle so could be an exciting season!

Oh and Liverpool are 21st in the Championship.

1st seasons champions!
2nd season for me as well. 4231 gegenpress. Top after 8 games and cruising. Then some poor results for the next 6 games. One point in October. I must admit though, I do go on holiday when i'm comfortable with the setup. A month or so (depending on the time of year) as a like seeing new places and trying out new food, and hookers...

Anyway. Should finish top 10 easily.

Currently in 2054 on my save (anyone would think I don't have a life!) started off unemployed and not much qualifications, anyway after travelling about a bit winning everything there is to win decided to try and save Sunderland who were 22nd in the championship we've only been in league 1 and the championship so thought i'll try and get us back to the Premier League, kept us up and currently 3rd 15 games in 2 points off top who happen to be Newcastle so could be an exciting season!

Oh and Liverpool are 21st in the Championship.
My mate plays 60-100 years each season. It was great watching the good teams drop and the shite ones rise but in his current game most of the leagues are almost identical to what they started like and he's 50 odd years in. Surprised by Liverpool going down in yours but good enough for them! :lol:

My mate plays 60-100 years each season. It was great watching the good teams drop and the shite ones rise but in his current game most of the leagues are almost identical to what they started like and he's 50 odd years in. Surprised by Liverpool going down in yours but good enough for them! :lol:

My saves usually last ~20-30 years and Arsenal/Man United seem to always drop off on mine. It's quite quick most of the time too, one season they'll be a top 7 club, the next they'll be battling relegation and within a couple year be bankrupt in the Championship due to spending big on old players.

I can almost always guarantee Brentford will break into the top 7 and West Ham will become title contenders.

Liverpool has been the only surprise in mine otherwise it seems like Sheffield United, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough, Bournemouth, Brighton and Derby switching places, the parachute payments I'm guessing. Championship has some different teams in like Exeter, Chester and Telford.

My saves usually last ~20-30 years and Arsenal/Man United seem to always drop off on mine. It's quite quick most of the time too, one season they'll be a top 7 club, the next they'll be battling relegation and within a couple year be bankrupt in the Championship due to spending big on old players.

I can almost always guarantee Brentford will break into the top 7 and West Ham will become title contenders.
Man City still a massive force on his but West Brom are regular winners and, thanks to my mate's efforts, Sunderland are up there these days, too, despite always languishing in the Champ/League One beforehand. Mate is a Leeds fan, by the way, but always likes to give Sunderland a boost when he gets far enough in. :lol:

Man City still a massive force on his but West Brom are regular winners and, thanks to my mate's efforts, Sunderland are up there these days, too, despite always languishing in the Champ/League One beforehand.

Aye, Man City and Liverpool seem to always remain dominant on mine. I've had two 20 years+ saves on FM19 and on both SAFC became a yoyo club between L1 and Championship.

I try to avoid managing them unless the job comes up and it's suitable for me so haven't done anything with SAFC on any of my saves this year (I don't think).

Just had a player come out as gay didn't realise that was a thing in football manager, I was planning on selling him so probably looked like a homophobe that i shipped him out on loan a few days after.
Man City still a massive force on his but West Brom are regular winners and, thanks to my mate's efforts, Sunderland are up there these days, too, despite always languishing in the Champ/League One beforehand. Mate is a Leeds fan, by the way, but always likes to give Sunderland a boost when he gets far enough in. :lol:
Southampton won it twice in a row and have been a constant in the top 4, I guess down to their academy as they've produced a fair few world class players on mine.

Just had a player come out as gay didn't realise that was a thing in football manager, I was planning on selling him so probably looked like a homophobe that i shipped him out on loan a few days after.

Southampton won it twice in a row and have been a constant in the top 4, I guess down to their academy as they've produced a fair few world class players on mine.
Jose Enrique, Sunderland's left back, came out as gay on my mate's version. This board would have a field day with that, eh? :lol:

Back