Football Manager 2019

101pts and win the league on GD :lol: Massive sigh of relief we lost at home to PSG 2nd last game thankfully it didn't matter

Logon or register to see this image

We also won the French Cup but lost 1-2 to Man City in the CL Final ... Again :evil::cry:

Loving this save :cool:

Had a save with Auxerre on last years and the players produced were unreal.

Not to mention selling players for 100 million to the premier league.

Had a save with Auxerre on last years and the players produced were unreal.

Not to mention selling players for 100 million to the premier league.
Into 10th season and I haven’t really had any wonderkids coming through yet :eek: Luckily it’s easy and cheap enough to sniff round other French clubs class regens and get them aboard

I've just cacked up a contract renewal. Got the Minimum Fee and Relegation release clauses mixed up. Lost the player in the August of the season.
:eek::lol:

2nd Season with Athletic Bilbao....

Only players i brought in were Kike Barja (£675k), Alex Berenguer (Season long loan from Torino) and Hugh Browne (£2.6m from Real Sociedad - Regen).

Tight title race, but won it with 2 games to go, Beating Sporting Gijon 2-0 while Atletico Madrid lost away at Barca 0-5.

Aduriz is retiring, and his replacement from the Youth (Asier Villalabre) only scored 10 in 30 - although 5 of these were in the last 5 games.

Got beat in the quarters of Champs League (1-3 AGG v Bayern) and knocked out of cup at quarters (1-2 AGG V Real Madrid).

Best save i've had in a long time.

Last edited:
Just bought a new laptop this weekend, don’t know whether to go to me mams and transfer me 2018 game over on to it (10 seasons in) or start a new one tonight. I moved out a year and a half ago so haven’t played on it since.

Or do I download a latest version of fm2019, any database updates out yet?

2nd Season with Athletic Bilbao....

Only players i brought in were Kike Barja (£675k), Alex Berenguer (Season long loan from Torino) and Hugh Browne (£2.6m from Real Sociedad - Regen).

Tight title race, but won it with 2 games to go, Beating Sporting Gijon 2-0 while Atletico Madrid lost away at Barca 0-5.

Aduriz is retiring, and his replacement from the Youth (Asier Villalabre) only scored 10 in 30 - although 5 of these were in the last 5 games.

Got beat in the quarters of Champs League (1-3 AGG v Bayern) and knocked out of cup at quarters (1-2 AGG V Real Madrid).

Best save i've had in a long time.

Bilbao is a tremendous save mate. Enjoyed it on FM13, with such regen legends as Asier Herrera and Asier Dominguez :cool:

Switched computers and even thought I’d been using cloud saves it was about 10 games behind. Thankfully, I managed to do a lot better in those games and I’ve just won the league with 5 games to spare. Been given a 20odd million budget for next season, going to need it given my best players are all on loan!

January of season 2 on my Sunderland game sitting 3rd 2 points behind the top 2 but only 3 ahead of 7th.

Lucas Piazon is an absolute must sign he's been class.

McLaughlin

Jordan Marshall
Jeaniver from Brentford
Webster from Bristol City
Walker Peters

Aleix Garcia on loan from Man City
McTominay on loan from Man Utd

Piazon
Morilla
Watmore

Grigg/Maupay

Maypays been shite but told him to stop coming deep and he's just scored hoping he's about to come good but Grigg has 12 in 20

Maypays been shite but told him to stop coming deep and he's just scored hoping he's about to come good but Grigg has 12 in 20
I sold Grigg in the January window of my first season as he’d been shite. Moved to Millwall and scored the winner in the play off final the fucker. I really struggle to get good performances out of my strikers, not sure if it’s something to do with the system I’m playing or have them set to the wrong role or what.

I sold Grigg in the January window of my first season as he’d been shite. Moved to Millwall and scored the winner in the play off final the fucker. I really struggle to get good performances out of my strikers, not sure if it’s something to do with the system I’m playing or have them set to the wrong role or what.

My strikers always overperform for me it seems.

I always play with two up top with the roles they're most suited to (unless they're both most suited to the same role, where I'd change one of them to a dif role).

Not sure what else I do really, I've found strikers to be extremely overpowered for the user on recent FM's and I thought it was the same for everyone.

I used him a lone advanced forward with a advanced playmaker behind.

He got 32 for me in league 1 stats wise Maupay is better than him but Griggs doing the business and Maupay isn't

I used him a lone advanced forward with a advanced playmaker behind.

He got 32 for me in league 1 stats wise Maupay is better than him but Griggs doing the business and Maupay isn't
That’s how I had him playing but didn’t do well then took a huff cos I wouldn’t play him. My top scorer was Power. :lol:

I’ve gone a bit Steve Bruce and my signings are a bit scattergun for the second season, didn’t really consider running out of money before I’d finished assembling my squad, whoops!

Signed 15 or so players but a lot are youths for the u23 and u18 squads, not sure if I should have afforded myself that luxury.

Luckily, my best loans from last season have been renewed and I’ve managed to sign Morgan permanently as he was my best player last season.

Put some effort into this game the last few months and I've started to reap the rewards. After several experimental saves I've started a proper one with SAFC.

Trying to keep it as a realistic as possible, being as financially prudent as I can.

Just come to the end of the January transfer window and I'm 23 points clear in the league, in the quarter-finals of the CT where we are due to face Rochdale and I've also managed to steer us through to the fifth round of the FA Cup where we are scheduled to take on Premier League Fulham at the SoL.

Squad wise I've flogged Cattermole to Stoke for £1.3m, his performances weren't justifying his £30k p/w wages although even if he was playing well I'd likely have moved him on. Replaced him with Aribo from Charlton who we got for quite cheap because of his contract situation, what a player he has been for us. I play him as a DLP alongside a box-to-box midfielder in a 4-2-3-1.

Wyke is joining an MLS side in early February, I've hardly played him and he was kicking off demanding first-team football even though I believe his squad status is only either rotation or backup. I'm allowing Ruiter to leave at the end of the season once his contract expires and have already signed his replacement. Youngster Ellery Balcombe has joined from Brentford for £625k, he's backup to McLaughlin for now but he has significant potential and will hopefully become first choice in a year or so.

Grigg started slow but has now amassed more than 20 goals in all comps, McGeady and Gooch have been fantastic with both of them approaching 20 goals in all comps and most surprising of all has been the continued good form of Dunne and Baldwin in defence. Despite Matthews high wages I've managed to get him to sign a new contract and take a little bit of a pay cut as well, he's been fantastic as a wing back.

Can't see us needing to spend too much to compete in the Championship in the summer, I'll sign a ball-playing CB to replace Dunne when his loan ends and probably try and grab some competition for Honeyman at CAM as well as a couple of strikers to challenge Grigg, Sterling has been poor as a backup.

Put some effort into this game the last few months and I've started to reap the rewards. After several experimental saves I've started a proper one with SAFC.

Trying to keep it as a realistic as possible, being as financially prudent as I can.

Just come to the end of the January transfer window and I'm 23 points clear in the league, in the quarter-finals of the CT where we are due to face Rochdale and I've also managed to steer us through to the fifth round of the FA Cup where we are scheduled to take on Premier League Fulham at the SoL.

Squad wise I've flogged Cattermole to Stoke for £1.3m, his performances weren't justifying his £30k p/w wages although even if he was playing well I'd likely have moved him on. Replaced him with Aribo from Charlton who we got for quite cheap because of his contract situation, what a player he has been for us. I play him as a DLP alongside a box-to-box midfielder in a 4-2-3-1.

Wyke is joining an MLS side in early February, I've hardly played him and he was kicking off demanding first-team football even though I believe his squad status is only either rotation or backup. I'm allowing Ruiter to leave at the end of the season once his contract expires and have already signed his replacement. Youngster Ellery Balcombe has joined from Brentford for £625k, he's backup to McLaughlin for now but he has significant potential and will hopefully become first choice in a year or so.

Grigg started slow but has now amassed more than 20 goals in all comps, McGeady and Gooch have been fantastic with both of them approaching 20 goals in all comps and most surprising of all has been the continued good form of Dunne and Baldwin in defence. Despite Matthews high wages I've managed to get him to sign a new contract and take a little bit of a pay cut as well, he's been fantastic as a wing back.

Can't see us needing to spend too much to compete in the Championship in the summer, I'll sign a ball-playing CB to replace Dunne when his loan ends and probably try and grab some competition for Honeyman at CAM as well as a couple of strikers to challenge Grigg, Sterling has been poor as a backup.

I'm surprised you've let Wyke go. I try to steer away from doing saves with Sunderland as I just seem to be too biased and base my teams/transfers on how they perform in real life. Wyke seems to always do well though for SAFC until his mid 30s on all my saves, scoring 25+ even if Sunderland get to the Championship.

I've had that Ellery Balcombe on one of my saves and he turned out to be a half decent Premier League keeper for me when managing Forest Green. He made the England squad but never got an appearance iirc.

I'd strongly recommend looking at Ben Cottrell from Arsenal as a youth prospect for the CAM role. Arsenal usually release him after their first season and on some saves he manages to become a really good England international.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you've let Wyke go. I try to steer away from doing saves with Sunderland as I just seem to be too biased and base my teams/transfers on how they perform in real life. Wyke seems to always do well though for SAFC until his mid 30s on all my saves, scoring 25+ even if Sunderland get to the Championship.

I've had that Ellery Balcombe on one of my saves and he turned out to be a half decent Premier League keeper for me when managing Forest Green. He made the England squad but never got an appearance iirc.

I'd strongly recommend looking at Ben Cottrell from Arsenal as a youth prospect for the CAM role. Arsenal usually release him after their first season and on some saves he manages to become a really good England international.

I couldn’t find a way to fit him into my tactic, I use a pressing forward in a gegenpress and he just isn’t suited to it at all.

Back