Football Manager 2019

Well, I won the play-off mini-league and got promoted to the S.A. Premier. Maximum board expectation for the new season was "avoid relegation".

They've given me a decent transfer budget again despite us finishing the season 1m in debt. Good job too, as most of the squad from the previous season wouldn't cut it in the big boys' league.

I can offer longer contracts this time around. I think the rule is actually that you can't offer someone a contract that's longer than a year more than their last contract or something daft. It's weird.

Organised my own friendlies this season. Could only choose local teams because all the "bigger teams (foreign)" refused to travel so far for such a crap fixture. :lol:

Sold about 700 season tickets. Whoop whoop!

Started the season with 3 wins and one loss! Straight to the top of the table! It won't last. Our next match is against Kaiser Chiefs. They're gonna stuff us.

Haway the Royal Eagles!

----

Holy crap, I beat Kaiser Chiefs 3-1! This is giving me hope for the season! Haway!!!

----

Interestingly, I just noticed our team is called "Royal Eagles Football FC".

Royal Eagles Football Football Club?

:lol:

There's only one "Football" according to wiki. Silly game makers. :lol:

------------

Up next: Orlando Pirates in the cup. Going to be tough.

----------
We beat them 4-1 !

Onward and upward!

....aaaand I'm out of the S.A. Knockout Cup. Lost 3-1 to SuperSport Utd. at their place. :evil:

Ah well, time to focus on the league. (Although there may be another cup later in the season).

---------------
12:41 -
---------

Half the season gone (15 matches) and I'm top with 32 points, above Kaizer Chiefs on goal difference. That said, 4th place Orlando Pirates are on 26 points with 3 games in hand.

The table's very tight. 11th place Ajax CT have 19 points!

We've got a midseason break now. It's 29th December and our next competitive match is 12th February! Is it the ACON in that break or something?

--------------------
16:26 -
---------

Two thirds of the way through the season, joint top with 40 points with two other teams but one of them has a game in hand on us.

Just beat Golden Arrows (who have beaten us twice this season already) 2-1 in the S.A. Cup 2nd round.

Finances are still steadily dropping through the floor. Total income for the last month was less than my wage bill alone. Balance is now -2.1m and falling steadily at about 140k per month.

-------------------------------------------------
@gards2 you should give this league a go, it's loads of fun!

------------------------------------

Ah balls, Sundowns won their game in hand, so I'm joint second now.

-----------------

Oooof harsh, I just lost 5-1 to Kaiser Chiefs. That's put them 3 points ahead of us too.

--------------------------------------

I'm going to take that as a sign that I need a break for a little while so I'm going to play some CS 1.6 for a while to clear my mind before finishing the season later today. :)

-------------------------
07:30 Mon -
-----------------

This is going right down to the wire. 3 of us in the running. Sundowns have two games in hand that can send them top but are also challenging in the late stages of the African Champions League, meaning they have a very tight schedule between now and the end of the season. I'm currently top. Kaiser Chiefs are right behind.

I'm also into the final of the S.A. Cup, against Kaiser Chiefs.

Nail bitey time.

Last edited:
-----------------
Both Kaiser Chiefs and Sundowns have lost ground in the league. KC can't catch me now. Sundowns still can. One match left in the league but first, KC in the cup final.

Haway the Royal Eagles!

:-( Lost 2-0 to KC in the final.

One match left. Cape Town City in the league. They're 5th with no hope of finishing 4th for a lesser continental competition qualification place, unless they manage to overcome a goal difference of -15 from Orlando Pirates.

The title's as good as ours already. Sundowns can only equal us on points but we've got a +20 goal difference advantage over them, so it would take some severe results to deny us.

HAAAAAWAAAAAY!!!!

Oh woo, 250k prize money for reaching the final! Nice.

GTFI!!!! Sundowns lost their game in hand. The last game is meaningless, we've done it, won the title in our first season in the South African Premier League!!!

Haway Royal Eagles Football Football Club! :lol:

...aaaaand budgets for next season are crap. Wage budget 2k less than my current wage bill and zero transfer funds. :lol:

African Champions League next season. :cool:

Apparently we're also in something called Super 8. More news to follow when I know more.

Looks like the top 8 clubs of the SAPL in a knockout tournament that runs before the proper season. Cool!

Oh phew. With updated season expectations I've got a little bit of breathing room in the budget. Not a huge amount but it's better than nothing.

-----------------
12:30 -
----------

OK, preseason is out of the way. Up next, African Champions League preliminary round first leg against Pamplemousses from Mauritius, followed closely by my first Super 8 match against Cape Town City.

--------------
Beat Pamplemousses 7-0 at our place in the ACL, then beat CTC 4-3 after extra time to go through to the semi-finals of the Super 8.

We've drawn SuperSport Utd in the next round.

LOL. Beat Pamplemousses 12-0 at their place for an aggregate score of 19-0 :lol:

I think I might stand a chance of having an ACL top goalscorer at this rate. :)

---------
Oof, just threw away a 2-0 lead in the away leg of the Super 8 semi-final to lose it 4-2. At least I've got a couple of away goals for the return match.

-------------

Gerrin, destroyed them 6-0 in the second leg. :cool: We've got Wits in the final. Should be doable, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Michael ngadeu-ngadjui, centre back, is a great player. Signed him for 1 mil when we were in league 1 (he scored about 15 goals from centre back, all from corners), and he was my first choice CB until he retired after winning the premier league with Sunderland. He was voted into the world xi during his last season. Best bargain I've ever had in 15 years of footy manager games

If anyone is after a good winger, Oliver Batisita Meier is a class inside forward. He was at Bayern but couldn't get a game on mine but he had a class season at Cologne and I signed him to replace Pulisic after Chelsea turned his head. Had him just 18 months now and Barcelona are scouting him now.

If anyone is after a good winger, Oliver Batisita Meier is a class inside forward. He was at Bayern but couldn't get a game on mine but he had a class season at Cologne and I signed him to replace Pulisic after Chelsea turned his head. Had him just 18 months now and Barcelona are scouting him now.
I had him on loan for a couple of seasons and he was my star man, but he went to Wolfsburg when his contract ran out at Bayern and I didn't manage to actually sign him until he was over 30.

Someone mentioned goal scoring going mad during the Qatar World Cup season? It's happening to me, too. Check out these stats for my Blyth team. Mental.

Logon or register to see this image

After my consecutive promotions with Stockport to the Championship then a relegation back to League 1. I’m back in the Championship after finishing 2nd.
The board are annoying now like tried to sign a player for 300k on 10k a week and they cancelled it due to the wage bill even though I have 50k left on the wage budget and have other players on 8k

-----------------
Both Kaiser Chiefs and Sundowns have lost ground in the league. KC can't catch me now. Sundowns still can. One match left in the league but first, KC in the cup final.

Haway the Royal Eagles!

:-( Lost 2-0 to KC in the final.

One match left. Cape Town City in the league. They're 5th with no hope of finishing 4th for a lesser continental competition qualification place, unless they manage to overcome a goal difference of -15 from Orlando Pirates.

The title's as good as ours already. Sundowns can only equal us on points but we've got a +20 goal difference advantage over them, so it would take some severe results to deny us.

HAAAAAWAAAAAY!!!!

Oh woo, 250k prize money for reaching the final! Nice.

GTFI!!!! Sundowns lost their game in hand. The last game is meaningless, we've done it, won the title in our first season in the South African Premier League!!!

Haway Royal Eagles Football Football Club! :lol:

...aaaaand budgets for next season are crap. Wage budget 2k less than my current wage bill and zero transfer funds. :lol:

African Champions League next season. :cool:

Apparently we're also in something called Super 8. More news to follow when I know more.

Looks like the top 8 clubs of the SAPL in a knockout tournament that runs before the proper season. Cool!

Oh phew. With updated season expectations I've got a little bit of breathing room in the budget. Not a huge amount but it's better than nothing.

-----------------
12:30 -
----------

OK, preseason is out of the way. Up next, African Champions League preliminary round first leg against Pamplemousses from Mauritius, followed closely by my first Super 8 match against Cape Town City.

--------------
Beat Pamplemousses 7-0 at our place in the ACL, then beat CTC 4-3 after extra time to go through to the semi-finals of the Super 8.

We've drawn SuperSport Utd in the next round.

LOL. Beat Pamplemousses 12-0 at their place for an aggregate score of 19-0 :lol:

I think I might stand a chance of having an ACL top goalscorer at this rate. :)

---------
Oof, just threw away a 2-0 lead in the away leg of the Super 8 semi-final to lose it 4-2. At least I've got a couple of away goals for the return match.

-------------

Gerrin, destroyed them 6-0 in the second leg. :cool: We've got Wits in the final. Should be doable, fingers crossed.

I did part of a Journeyman save in South Africa on FM17, Managed Mtatha Bucks for 2 seasons - got them promoted to premier division first oppurtunity, then finished 3rd and they sacked me. Ended up moving onto Porto B team and the Porto, before eventually Inter and finally Valencia. May go back to that save. Was class.

First game in donkeys years and I’m shit. Thought I’d start with Sunderland and show Jack Ross where he went wrong...we’re in October and I’m 7th! :cry:

Signed Essien to add to our already pacey midfield and bulked the squad up with a few loans. Brendan Galloway is class at left back! My problem is scoring goals, Grigg, Sterling and some lad from Southampton aren’t doing the business so most goals are coming from Morgan.

Tactic is 4, 2, 3, 1 pressure or something and every time I try an alternative I get humped.

Staff are mostly shite but I can’t afford to sack the fuckers.

Can see me giving up soon!

First game in donkeys years and I’m shit. Thought I’d start with Sunderland and show Jack Ross where he went wrong...we’re in October and I’m 7th! :cry:

Signed Essien to add to our already pacey midfield and bulked the squad up with a few loans. Brendan Galloway is class at left back! My problem is scoring goals, Grigg, Sterling and some lad from Southampton aren’t doing the business so most goals are coming from Morgan.

Tactic is 4, 2, 3, 1 pressure or something and every time I try an alternative I get humped.

Staff are mostly shite but I can’t afford to sack the fuckers.

Can see me giving up soon!
Get Mason Greenwood on loan from Man Utd.
Or as he's known on my save "Sunderland Legend Mason Greenwood ".

Downloaded both a "legends" database and a world super league one.

Great fun.

My front three of Pele, Jairzinho and Socrates tearing up the league, though Atletico Madrid proving surprisingly difficult to catch.

Just signed up a disgruntled Roy Keane for next season and hopefully Bobby Moore about to sign too.

Len Shackleton turned me down even though Sunderland only in division 9!

Finished 8th but got to the FA Cup Final with the lads, got beaten off Spurs and now Stewart Donald is considering my position.

Don't think I'm gonna be able to push on and get European football again. My best players were happy to stay around for a year to try and qualify again but they all want out now. Had to sell Mason Mount and Josh Tymon wants out too.

Back