Football Manager 2019

Which tactic can I ask? I'm doing pretty shite in my save
Something like the Scholes can’t tackle v1 or something

Won the league with 107 points with Sunderland. In the January brought in Marcus Maddison, Joe Wright, Callum Camps and Muric. Been given 25m to spend in the championship just need to see who’s available

Something like the Scholes can’t tackle v1 or something

Won the league with 107 points with Sunderland. In the January brought in Marcus Maddison, Joe Wright, Callum Camps and Muric. Been given 25m to spend in the championship just need to see who’s available
Is that the 41221 with the DMC? I tried that for my away games but struggled to score goals.
I was the lads then got the West Ham job when they got relegated 1st season but still had all their best players. Just finished 3rd season and finished 7th in prem.
Love Fm mind.

Into my 3rd season with Rangers.

First Season: Being short on money, instantly decided to scrap wingers and sold the wingers for abit of money. Play with a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow. Means I don't need to spend money on players and Midfielders tend to be versatile in DM, CM and AM. Brought in N'Dong on a free, Ovie Ejaria on loan from Liverpool, Brahim Diaz on loan from Man City and Alexander Isak from BVB - didn't pay any wages for all 3. Had a complete overhaul of staff.

Finished 2nd to Celtic in the league, lost in the Quarter Finals of the Betfred Cup, lost in the Scottish Cup Final to Celtic, Failed to qualify for the Europa League. Really Struggled for goals from anyone but my loan signing (Chuba Akpom who scored 35 in all competitions) and despite finishing 2nd, had 16 draws with just 1 loss.

Brought in Jai Quitongo in January as his contract ran out and a young Irish Goalkeeper (Gavin Bazuna) for £65,000 with bags of potential. Allowed Isak to return to Dortmund after failing to score in 9 games.

Second Season: Brought in Tommie Hoban from Norwich who can play at any position in the back line for a free, Re-signed Brahim Diaz on loan despite him performing poorly and often having Ejaria or young players chosen over him. Tried to re-sign Ejaria, however he went to Celtic on loan. Brought in Samu Saiz from Leeds to play in the AM roll for £10.5million, making him my record signing to date. Brought in Keinan Davis on loan from Aston Villa to replace Akpom, Dodoo had finished his loan spell at Blackpool but I didn't believe he was good enough. Allowed Bazuna to go on loan to Partick Thistle in the Scottish Championship.

Topped the league 13 points ahead of runner up Celtic, won the Betfred Cup and the Scottish Cup, completing the domestic treble. Qualified for the Europa League, won my group but was knocked out over two legs in the First Knockout Stages vs Everton (despite being 2-0 up in the first leg, I drew 2-2 then lost to a 86th minute winner in the second leg).

Keinan Davis never really got a chance to make an impact after all 3 strikers (Quitongo, Morelos and Dodoo) had a brilliant start to the season, all 3 scoring for fun in the opening 10-15 games. Davis only got 11 games, scoring 3 times. All the other signings were brilliant, Saiz getting himself 23 goals and 16 assists in 53 games from an Attacking Midfielder position. Morelos never really performed, scoring just 17 in 57, compared to Dodoo who scored 36 in 55. Quitongo also struggled to find the net toward the end of the season. Left back, Borna Barisic has had a fantastic 2 season, his first season scoring 7 and assisting 22 and his second season assisting 27. Bazuna won the Scottish Championship young player of the year despite being a Goalkeeper. Despite having an alright first season with me, Didier N'Dong was on the bench most of the second season and left the club after his contract expired.

Third Season: I decided to Transfer list Scott Arfield, despite him playing over 70 games for me as a box-to-box midfielder and being one of my better players, he was going on 30 and I wanted to sell up whilst he still had some value. Despite coming Runner Up for the SPL Player Of The Season, I let Borna Barisic go for £14m. I instantly replaced him with LB James Husband from Norwich for £2.8m. I brought in Sheyi Ojo and Rhian Brewster on loan from Liverpool. Also Ashley Fletcher on a free as back-up as I plan on selling Morelos who was the current highest earner in the squad and was struggling. I accepted a bid from Everton for Morelos for £11m but the player couldn't agree on ersonal terms which was annoying especially since I hadn't started him in any friendlies or Champions League Qualifying games. I was still looking for a midfielder to replace Arfield/N'Dong and youngster Greg Docherty probably wasn't someone I could rely on. I managed to get Mo Besic from Everton for just £9m as he was unhappy and wasn't getting game time. He's easily the best player in the squad.

A great first Friendly of the season saw us beat PSG 3-1, we then went on to remain undefeated in both the Champions League Qualifying Rounds and Domestic Trophies, other than an abnormality against Aberdeen where we got hammered and 1-0 defeat was probably didn't reflect the game well as they should have been 3 or 4 up. Other than that and a draw against Shaktar Donetsk in a friendly, I've won every game. In the champions league, I've just played my first group game against Chelsea and won 3-1 at home. I also won Ajax twice (2-1 and 3-0) and Maribor twice (3-0 and 1-0) in the qualifying rounds. I sit 1 point off top of the table Celtic who have won 5, drawn 1. Brewster and Dodoo are proving to be a good partnership up top with Brewster scoring 9 in 10 and Dodoo scoring 10 in 16 so far this season.

Both mate. Play 433
Or 4221 in FM terms.

Tried to sign kenedy on a free. Offered him 70k a week and 3 mill sign on. Aigns for f***ing gremio for 35 k a week. Fuck off

Good stuff mate will give it a go. Haven't tried an RPM on this years game yet whilst I'm trying different things but my best tactics last 2 year have been built around an RPM. Both CM and DM. Good to know they're still beasts with right personnel! Cheers

Both mate. Play 433
Or 4221 in FM terms.

Tried to sign kenedy on a free. Offered him 70k a week and 3 mill sign on. Aigns for f***ing gremio for 35 k a week. Fuck off

:lol: It is daft at times.
Transfer fees are the same as well, whenever i try to sign a player that other teams have already bid for i'll usually have to pay a bit extra, especially if the other team is abroad

Just taken the plunge and bought it

Started a SAFC save signed

Robbie Keane (Free)
Lucas Piazon £400k

Raided Everton U23s

Brendan Galloway (on loan anar :lol:)
Kieran Dowell (on loan)
Beni Baningime (on loan)

Tried desperately to get rid of Cattermole and Oviedo without luck. Lost me first game v Charlton 0-3 Lovens had a mare :eek: but bounced back away to Luton 2-4

Started save on FM19 with Sunderland. Who should i sign?
Robbie Keane looks like he can still hack it at this turd level can’t go wrong on a 12mth deal and 3k wages

Last edited:
Just taken the plunge and bought it

Started a SAFC save signed

Robbie Keane (Free)
Lucas Piazon £400k

Raided Everton U23s

Brendan Galloway (on loan anar :lol:)
Kieran Dowell (on loan)
Beni Baningime (on loan)

Tried desperately to get rid of Cattermole and Oviedo without luck. Lost me first game v Charlton 0-3 Lovens had a mare :eek: but bounced back away to Luton 2-4

Robbie Keane looks like he can still hack it at this turd level can’t go wrong on a 12mth deal and 3k wages
Ashley Fletcher on loan :lol: he was fantastic for me

Nah but that Fiete Arp becomes European Golden Boy afew times if you have some cash. Plays for Hamburg

What division you in mate?

Charlie Adam must have like 3/4 pace by second season. On a separate note I was playing against Derby who had signed Jagielka. Was thinking cracking, will be slow as fuck. Looked at his stats. 11 acceleration 12 pace :eek:

In Championship. Top of league in February. Ended up selling Adam to Zorya for 500k in January because he was whinging to leave for "medals". Should have a decent budget for the Prem (maybe a bit early to say but looking great so far). Got 11m left in budget before I even get extra money for getting to Prem.

Got rid of a lot of the original squad now, some on frees or reduced prices. Had to get rid of Gooch and Honeyman even though they have good potential ability, Honeyman never fit into any system I play and Gooch was whinging about lack of football in Championship. Most of them are not good enough for top half Championship nevermind when we get to Prem.

Sunderland
Played 7
Won 5
Drawn 0
Lost 2 (inc a penalty shoot out defeat to the mags in the Cowabunga Cup)

Unbelievably, Max Power has been sent off twice in that time.:rolleyes:
1st Jan, Power sent off 3 times and has missed 12 games through suspension. FFS

Had a change of strategy with my Sunderland save. Was comfortably top of league 1 in January so let all the loan players apart from James Bree return to the parent club. Promoted Mumba, Embleton, Hume, Diamond, Nelson and Stryjek to the first team squad and confident I can get them some good game time for their development.

Got loads of money to spend after letting Oveido, Ozturk, Watmore and McGeady leave in Jan as well but really want to focus on developing youth as much as possible. Confident I'll be winning the league and the checkatrade.

Convinced Stewart Donald to plough the money in to youth recruitment and facilities instead.

Really enjoying this save.

First team Squad now looks like this-

GK- McGlaughlin, Stryjek

RB- Bree, Love

LB- James, Hume

CB- Baldwin, Whatmough, Flanagan, young german kid (can't remember his name)

DM- O'Nien, Mumba

CM- Power, McGeouch, Embleton, Boateng

RW- Gooch, Honeyman

LW- Maguire, Diamond

ST- Maja, Wyke, Nelson

Back