Football Manager 2018

This worth picking up for £9? Haven't played FM since 2015

Where is on sale at that price? I noticed it was £14 yesterday on cdkeys but still couldn't justify it cos I know I'll get bored after a couple of days.

I'm just no good at contract negotiations etc, and before ya know it the whole squad hates me, we're on a losing run and we've got no money to turn it round. I'm effectively the Ellis Short of FM.

10th season at 1860 Munich smashing the bundesliga every season only one runners up in the cl though

£614m spent on players (144 players)
£654m brought in on sales (89 players)

Logon or register to see this image
Probably my best achievement in any CM/FM game. Focused on youth from the get go (Dresden have average facilities) and just kept asking the board for improvement.

Started a one with Legia Warsaw. The youth set up is brilliant. Won 3 titles. 3 champions league qualifications. Last 1 i qualified for knock outs but got walloped off real madrid after drawing the home leg 1 all.

Managed to up the polish league so they get 2 CL entries with 1 automatic.

Jacked in and have gone to Watford. Brought my best 3 players with me. Lets see how this goes

Anyone tried the 1995-96 database that's on the Steam Workshop? Good fun if you fancy something a bit different.

I'm currently managing a Liverpool side that has a 33 year old Ian Rush, 17 year old Carragher, 15 year old Gerrard & Owen, Barnes, Mcmanaman etc.

Have already signed Diego Simeone with Zidane & Nedved joining on free transfers in the summer :cool:

Anyone tried the 1995-96 database that's on the Steam Workshop? Good fun if you fancy something a bit different.

I'm currently managing a Liverpool side that has a 33 year old Ian Rush, 17 year old Carragher, 15 year old Gerrard & Owen, Barnes, Mcmanaman etc.

Have already signed Diego Simeone with Zidane & Nedved joining on free transfers in the summer :cool:
That sounds class. Might give it a go.

I downloaded the latest transfer window db with us in league one. We’re missing Bali Mumba but I still went the whole season unbeaten and am now top of the championship after 4 games so I’m looking for a new challenge :lol:

That sounds class. Might give it a go.

I downloaded the latest transfer window db with us in league one. We’re missing Bali Mumba but I still went the whole season unbeaten and am now top of the championship after 4 games so I’m looking for a new challenge :lol:

It's good for a change but make sure you pick your targets carefully as you can easily get carried away with so many class players, loads of them are out of contract after the first season so be patient
After 3 transfer windows i've signed this lot :lol:

Simeone
Zidane (free)
Nedved (free but paid £625k so he could join early)
Ronaldo (free)
Veron (free)
Montero
Stam
Cannavaro
Pandiani
Ashley Cole

Missed out on or couldn't afford plenty of others as well - Romario, Rivaldo, Maldini, Nesta

I’ve had a debate about getting FM - maybe even the new one but haven’t played since 2011. Is it a massive learning curve? Will have to invest a lot of time into learning it all again?

I’ve had a debate about getting FM - maybe even the new one but haven’t played since 2011. Is it a massive learning curve? Will have to invest a lot of time into learning it all again?

Just get it and spend a few hours manoeuvring around the screens without getting into it properly.

If you’ve played any FM before then you’ll pick it up fairly quickly once you’re on it.

Alright lads, finally got round to ordering myself a laptop.

Just started up a save as the lads.

Any help would be appreciated ;)

signings/formations etc.

Started well, think I’m 4th after 10 game or so. Smashed Leeds 4-0 at home too.

Playing 4 4 1 1. Signed joe mason on loan to cover fletcher who’s been in great form. Also signed shay given :lol:

Gooch got POTM. Wasn’t going to use him but had loads of injury’s

Watnore just back from injury but I’m wondering where to play him? He in red at RM. and don’t play with RWs.

Started well, think I’m 4th after 10 game or so. Smashed Leeds 4-0 at home too.

Playing 4 4 1 1. Signed joe mason on loan to cover fletcher who’s been in great form. Also signed shay given :lol:

Gooch got POTM. Wasn’t going to use him but had loads of injury’s

Watnore just back from injury but I’m wondering where to play him? He in red at RM. and don’t play with RWs.

Play him rm and retrain his position. Him and asoro go for loads of money if used correctly.

Thanks, mate, I would never have seen this. Trying to load now.

I'm assuming they have the old Sunderland team.

Thanks, mate, I would never have seen this. Trying to load now.

I'm assuming they have the old Sunderland team.

You might have trouble loading it from the Steam workshop as it's a big file and can take ages.
You're better off downloading the save game file direct from here 1995-96 Season Throwback Database for FM18 | FM Scout
Just load it up and then save as something else before you start playing.

There is a Sunderland team in the championship but the league isn't active straight away and unless i'm doing somthing wrong it would take an entire season before the league was active to play.
That's why i went with Liverpool.

It's good for a change and surprising how many players you come across that you've totally forgotten about.
As i said earlier, it's easy to get carried away. My current squad

Logon or register to see this image

Back