Football Manager 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just started my game which i am going to be committed in!
First pre season friendly against Gateshead heres my starting line up
Logon or register to see this image

Was winning 3-0 at half time should a been 4 but gardner missed a penalty in stoppage time in first half. Made 11 changes at half time heres my second half line up:
http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/taylorboosh/media/2014-07-19_00002_zps45c35891.jpg.html

won 3-1 at full time, jack lester scored for Gateshead in second half was dissapointed with the second half but good start to pre season, 3 tough friendlies now against feynoord, psv & ajax. Wish me luck.
Any advice or comments welcome.

So had friendlies against feyenoord & psv heres how i did....
http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/taylorboosh/media/2014-07-19_00007_zps1afff311.jpg.html

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/taylorboosh/media/2014-07-19_00009_zps0e5b2e9b.jpg.html

So far very happy. Not made any signings yet still trying to sort me backroom staff out but got rid of larsson, trying to get rid of cuellar aswell but struggling hopefully get rid soon. Mr's twisting so off it now whilst watch a film.

Last edited:

Anyone with a decent current ability to play in the league. If they have a potential ability to play at Skrill Prem/L2 level they're a must-sign
Sounds like a pretty difficult task as the scouts will be terrible. I guess that's part of the challenge and the 'fun!'

Sounds like a pretty difficult task as the scouts will be terrible. I guess that's part of the challenge and the 'fun!'

Recruit your scouts manually not via the job advert, takes alot shorter time overall and you want to find these players before other clubs find them

this game can fuck off like. pathetic how i have a disallowed goal every game and Cattermole cannit seem to stop on the f***ing pitch, injured or sent off nearly every game

Well from the game I'm being committed to I think I'm abiut to be sacked!!!!! f***ing piece a shit!!!!!!
Had a good start but now been called into a meeting with the board after a 4-1 thrashing off bottom a league Norwich, got told had to win next game I'm 3-0 down at half time to Cardiff.

and there it is. Well that might be new record for me, November! think the i'm staying committed to this game well and truely jinxed me.

Last edited:
Love the crack when your keeper passes a goal kick to them to tap in for an equaliser. What's the point?

Loving this Bath save, Board have decided to be nice to me for once as the Chairman is a woman and she's a right bitch when it comes to requests and decided to inject a further £10 million into the Winter window.

Average squad age is 25 with 4 wonderkids - Dubbed the new Michael Owen (signed for £3 mil) Dubbed the new Ebbe Sand (signed for £900k) Dubbed the new Henrik Larrsson (Signed for £1 mil) and dubbed the new Christian Poulson (signed for..£30,000 :eek:)

Foundations are set for a successful team it's all about surviving relegation

Loving this Bath save, Board have decided to be nice to me for once as the Chairman is a woman and she's a right bitch when it comes to requests and decided to inject a further £10 million into the Winter window.

Average squad age is 25 with 4 wonderkids - Dubbed the new Michael Owen (signed for £3 mil) Dubbed the new Ebbe Sand (signed for £900k) Dubbed the new Henrik Larrsson (Signed for £1 mil) and dubbed the new Christian Poulson (signed for..£30,000 :eek:)

Foundations are set for a successful team it's all about surviving relegation
Mate your a beast! In total envy!

Some more of my favourite results from my debut season

At this point I was feeling like the Premier League was turning out to be underwhelming up until Liverpool decided to go 'enough of this bullshit' and give me a 6-1 good hiding back to reality which killed morale entirely

Don't plan on spending big despite the cash injection, just more youth and my scout found me a GK from Ado Dan Haag touted as the next Edwin Van Der Sar, it'd be rude not to make a bid. :D

Read this the other day and it gave me the oomph to revisit my Gateshead game... League 2, 20k Transfer budget, £0 wage budget. Have a left winger regen who's got Celtic, Man U, Spurts sniffing about him. 19 years old, wants to move to a bigger club, so i've tied him down for 4 years and won't accept anything less than 4mil. Sold one of my Welsh U16 captures as he plays in the same position.. Went to Cardiff for £1.5m. Sat in the play offs in League 2 in my 3rd season, Carlton Cole in on a short term contract to boost my striking options. Ben Clark still skipper at the ripe ol' age of 34. My defence is shocking like...

Keeper rejected me for a team called Da Graafschap :eek:

Never heard of these fuckers but it shows how frustrating it is to get actual good players to sign for you :(

Passed the 1100 hour mark on FM14 :(

2500 hours in combined ffs. I need to start doing actual Management courses if I made as much dedication in life I could be the next Joachim Loew

Only play this on the iPad don't think I would go outside if I had it on my laptop but I am rated the best manager in the world won 4 league titles and 8 cups in 5 seasons with Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back