Football Manager 2012 Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current game. Started unemployed and got given the Millwall job in season 1, got them to a respectable 17th/18th around March and got offered the Sunderland job because O'Neill was sacked and they were bottom. Got relegated.

Season 2:
Got to the play-offs and lost in the final 3-2 to reading, despite being 2-0 up. This was with much the same squad.

Season 3:
Sanogo and Oxlade-Chamberlain on loan were awesome, won the league with a couple of games to go. Juan Carlos Valeron took over as chairman and promptly gave me zero funds and reduced my wage budget to £500k. Said goodbye to Gyan, Campbell, Bardsley, Turner, Gardner, Ji, Westwood, Elmo, Kilgallon, Meyler and Colback because of this. Managed to scrape around enough funds to sign Adebayor and Welbeck on frees just before season 4 but now I'm absolutely skint. Valeron was bloody playing in La Liga two seasons ago, how has this happened to me?!

Just starting season 4 and it's very evident I'm going straight back down without any investment. I can't even ask for transfer funds in the boardroom for some reason.

Small consolation, just after signing Adebayor, England offered me the job!

Sunderland are shocking on the update, the tactics i used to rule the world just don't work anymore :lol: Somebody help me out :lol:

Kyrgiakos: "We have been in good form lately, it's always good to know that"

Catts: "I'm not having that Sotiris, not at all"

:lol:

I've just won the league with Grotta from Iceland, got promoted the first full season, in the premier league i've finished 6th, then 4th and now won the league with Madron from Sunderland banging them in, most fun i've had on FM strangely as i lead them into the champions league qualifiers...where i'll be thrashed no doubt.

Things have settled down a bit for me since the squad threw a hissy fit over me selling Kilgannon, back to winning/drawing ways.

My main squad

Gordon
O'Shea. Bramble. Brown. Olsson.

Larsson. Muamba. Mutch. McClean.

Ba. Ji Dong-Won/Fierro.

Back up squad if any injuries or Europe/cup game close after prem game

Mignolet
Bardsley. Nosworthy. Woodgate. Liddle.

Elmo. Sessegnon/Vaughan. G Gardner/C Gardner. Richardson.

Whickham/Campbell. Gyan.

I've had to think carefully how to form the striker partnerships as they all scoring goals but if I play Gyan and Ji together they are pretty weak, so have to rotate them to get the best out of them.

Last edited:
Things have settled down a bit for me since the squad threw a hissy fit over me selling Kilgannon, back to winning/drawing ways.

My main squad

Gordon
O'Shea. Bramble. Brown. Olsson.

Larsson. Muamba. Mutch. McClean.

Ba. Ji Dong-Won/Fierro.

Back up squad if any injuries or Europe/cup game close after prem game

Mignolet
Bardsley. Nosworthy. Woodgate. Liddle.

Elmo. Sessegnon/Vaughan. G Gardner/C Gardner. Richardson.

Whickham/Campbell. Gyan.

I've had to think carefully how to form the striker partnerships as they all scoring goals but if I play Gyan and Ji together they are pretty weak, so have to rotate them to get the best out of them.

ITS f***ing KILGALLON :evil:

Sunderland are shocking on the update, the tactics i used to rule the world just don't work anymore :lol: Somebody help me out :lol:

I struggled with Sunderland before the update, but on the update I managed a 10 game unbeaten run including wins over Chelsea and Spurs up until injuries started hitting me hard in defense

How the fuck do you get us to perform?

I know I've asked before (and I apologise for this) but can you guys share me some tactics?

How the fuck do you get us to perform?

I know I've asked before (and I apologise for this) but can you guys share me some tactics?

I'm getting beat nearly every game, using the same tactics that i won the champions league 6 times in a row with before the update. Sunderland are woeful on the update like.

They aren't awful like, you just have to use the right players. I only lost 2 games from the back end of December until the end of the season. Played Fraizer and Bendnter mostly once FC had regained fitness and used Wickham off the bench. (my tactics are posted in the last few pages of the last thread).

I mostly played...

GK: Gordon
RB: Bardsley
CB: Shawcross
CB: Kilgallon
LB: Bridge
RM: Larsson
CM: Colback
CM: Vaughan
LM: McClean
ST: Campbell
ST: Bendtner

Bendtner finished the season with 29 goals in all comps. They are good but you have to be patient. First half of the season I used different tactics and I was shockingly bad. I was 18 over Christmas then changed my tactics, and then played loads better. Had regular meetings with the players to keep morale high. Finished 8th. Lost League Cup Final, but won FA Cup. Didn't restart or quit out of any games or use any cheats/editors. Just had lots of patience.

Sunderland Season 1
League - 4th
League Cup - Semi-Final
FA Cup - Winner

Sunderland Season 2
League - 3rd
League Cup - Winner
FA Cup - Winner
Champions League - Runner-Up (Barca demolished me)

Wickham, Fierro and Ji are absolutely tremendous and after signing an unsettled Ashley Young and Adam Johnson, I have cracking attacking options.

Mig, Titus and Zapata remained very solid, just like the previous season.

Sunderland Season 1
League - 4th
League Cup - Semi-Final
FA Cup - Winner

Sunderland Season 2
League - 3rd
League Cup - Winner
FA Cup - Winner

Wickham, Fierro and Ji are absolutely tremendous and after signing an unsettled Ashley Young and Adam Johnson, I have cracking attacking options.

Is this on the update? What tactics are you using?

Sunderland Season 1
League - 4th
League Cup - Semi-Final
FA Cup - Winner

Sunderland Season 2
League - 3rd
League Cup - Winner
FA Cup - Winner

what role do you play Ji in?

I've tried playing one forward as a Trequartista, to set up the more advanced forward and create everything but it just doesn't seem to be working. we're still scoring plenty but it's not coming through the Treq like I wanted...might have to resort to a good old fashioned target man.

So I finished 9th after a horrible second half of the season and completely changed my team.

In
Naughton 1.6
Bassong 2.4
Andreas Wolf 1.7
N'Zonzi 6.25
Kessler 900k
Gago Free
Altintop Loan /750k

Out
Mcclean 1
Campbell 2.2
Colback 5
Riveros 1.5
Kilgallon 2.1
angeleri 500k
Meyler and Wickham out on loan

My line up now ()=subs

Gordon
Naughton Oshea Bassong Bardsley (brown/Wolf)
Gago N'Zonzi
Hoilett Davies Muniain (Ses Larsson Cattermole Vaughan)
Gyan (Baros)

Is this on the update? What tactics are you using?

Nah, just as it was beginning of the Season.

Formation is 4-2-4 (2 Wingers), was playing Ji as a supporting DLF, Wickham as an attacking AF.

Philosophy - Balanced

Strategy - Attacking

High defensive line, playing wide and quick.

Often switch to counter attacking for particularly tricky opponents away from home.

Just about to kick off Season 3, away to WHU:

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
started a new season with the lads, into February and its been a mixed bag.

started off 6 games unbeaten, all but one were draws, then won 1 in 7, needless to say Ellis wasnt happy after only 2 wins in 13 games. Then came the mags, and i demolished them 3 - 0 on the 4th December, and I havent lost since, winning 13 and drawing 1 (v Man City).

Currently sat 5th.

Bendtner was on fire but got injured, I sent the greek back aswell as bridge after a week as he got a serious injury, then signed Andy Johnson on loan, who wasnt cutting it, so I sent him back in January to bring in Welbeck on loan who also got injured, so i settled for Hamit Altintop on loan till the end of the season!

Signed: Vertonghen, Alderweireld (sp?) and Erikssen (in January) with Fierro coming in at the end of the season. All bar Fierro on monthly installment deals

Sold : nobody, but sent Turner, Killgallon, and a few others.

Mentions for Ji Dong Won - dont know what they have done in the update but he has 15 goals in 17 league appearances, Hatricks v Mags, Man Utd and Chelsea now.

Connor Whickham, is just going to be leathal! Sessegnon is 100x more adaptable on this update and McClean is actually good enough to start on the left hand side!

Colback has been the pick of my midfielders though, role of box to box midfielder, he's class!

what role do you play Ji in?

I've tried playing one forward as a Trequartista, to set up the more advanced forward and create everything but it just doesn't seem to be working. we're still scoring plenty but it's not coming through the Treq like I wanted...might have to resort to a good old fashioned target man.

Ive had him as a poacher Venks, he's banging them in after season 1

Logon or register to see this image

Going onto my Bilbao save as I'm fed up of Sunderland. Looking at some mad formations to play, most notably a 2-4-4. I'd post a screenshot but when I printscreen it doesn't do FM but does whatever I click onto next. Does anyone know the keyboard shortcut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back