Football management console games

"We want to go through the season and not lose one match"
Logon or register to see this image

I would sign a young Benni McCarthy at the start of every single game. It was f***ing shit to be fair.
This!

Also player manager was canny for PS1, got £10m to spend and could literally buy anyone you had the money for, so I would start in division 3 (league 2) and buy David Seaman or Peter Schmeichel for about £8m.

This!

Also player manager was canny for PS1, got £10m to spend and could literally buy anyone you had the money for, so I would start in division 3 (league 2) and buy David Seaman or Peter Schmeichel for about £8m.

f***ing hell aye, I forgot about that one. Fell on a Hull Tigers shirt on the cover!

What was your favourite?

The LMA games were class, wish they still happened.

My favourite though has to be...

Logon or register to see this image

That was mine too! They also did a 2002 version on the PC.

I used to put the top players in the world on Sunderlands team and then put all the conference teams in the PL and see how many goals I could score in a season. I was only about 11 so didn't really play properly!

Alex Fergusons player manager 2002/3 was decent too.

That was mine too! They also did a 2002 version on the PC.

I used to put the top players in the world on Sunderlands team and then put all the conference teams in the PL and see how many goals I could score in a season. I was only about 11 so didn't really play properly!

Alex Fergusons player manager 2002/3 was decent too.

I'm tempted to get a PS1 as the games going for a few quid on ebay

Anyone know If I can play on a 4k TV :lol:

I'm tempted to get a PS1 as the games going for a few quid on ebay

Anyone know If I can play on a 4k TV :lol:

Should be able to, ps1's had the RGB (yellow red and white ones) cables so if your tele doesnt have them you should be able to use an RGB to HDMI converter.

Just remembered, Premier Manager 99 was the best game.

i never really played any manager games on console - i had a PC and played champ man instead - lost count of the amount of 3am finishes playing that!

Back