Football Documentaries (IPLAYER)

ftm1971

Winger
Found a couple of good ones, old mind, so some of you will probably have seen them, but if you haven't, these two are well worth a watch...

Aberdeen '83:Once in a lifetime
and
Scotland 78:A Love Story

First one following Ferguson's European adventure and the second one particularly resonated with me because the '78 WC got me into football proper.

Always thought the Scottish national team underperformed in that late 70’s, early 80’s period….fair few good players at clubs winning European comps in England and Scotland
Scottish football was a good standard back then. Even into the mid 80’s you had Aberdeen and Dundee united doing well domestically and in Europe. You are right though cos they went to Argentina as one of the favourites.

The Aberdeen one's good, you'll find a lot of good Scottish one's on the I player, there was a 6 part one about different players, Archibald, Nicolas and Sturrock were 3 of the player one's, also one on Archie McPherson

Found a couple of good ones, old mind, so some of you will probably have seen them, but if you haven't, these two are well worth a watch...

and

First one following Ferguson's European adventure and the second one particularly resonated with me because the '78 WC got me into football proper.
@Doberman 1st one will be right up your street😎

Remember it vividly. Astonishing they beat that unbelievable Dutch team but we’re shite against Peru and Iran. From my albeit blurred recollection every Dutch goal at that WC was a 30 yard screamer. What a team that was.
Peru were a very good team back then, probably their best ever team.

Ally MacLeod turned down a chance to scout them before the tournament because he thought Scotland would have no trouble beating them.

Drawing with a poor Iran team was a worse result in a way.

and

I watched the Aberdeen one a while ago. Enjoyed it. There was a few more about individual players like Charlie Nicholas and Steve Archibald which were good as well.

Just re-watched Italia 90: When Football Changed Forever, 3 parts on Channel 4 player, another good watch if you haven't seen it.

Back