Football backwaters

hertsmackem

Striker
thats where we are lads and lasses, last time we were here Keano came along and put us back on the footballing map, who will save us this time?

was just watching that Craig Gordon videon on SAFC, wasnt it great when we could actually sign in demand players...sigh

thats where we are lads and lasses, last time we were here Keano came along and put us back on the footballing map, who will save us this time?

was just watching that Craig Gordon videon on SAFC, wasnt it great when we could actually sign in demand players...sigh
thought this was a thread on the smoggys

When was the last time we had a good squad for under 25m ? truth is we aren't very good without money it's a culture the club needs to change....

Pretty much every town and ground we've visited since dropping down here.

Donald & co want strung up as this is now our level unfortunately! I'm praying someone comes in and saves us once it's confirmed our fate is sealed to a 3rd season in the awful league.

The lack of planning over the Maja fiasco was a disgrace. I'm not talking about the amateurish way SD behaved in front of camera over Grigg (which was frankly embarrassing) but rather the lack of forward planning. We needed and should have secured another centre forward much earlier in preceedings as an instant replacement should our main striker Maja be out injured for any period thereby having an instant replacement should he run down his contract too. The desperate grab for a new striker, any striker, was a situation wholly of the club's making and one that SD must take full responsibility for. It also undoubtedly cost us promotion.

I was chuffed when we signed Flash, remember him being a great shop stopper but he didn't seem to control his box very well. That reaction save he made against Bolton (I think) at the SoL was incredible and was voted the best Prem era save a few years back IIRC. What was the crack with that mystery injury/illness problem he had after he left us? Remeber that season back in the Prem under Keane we spent £40mil (big money at the time) and survived relegation by 3 points. Even back then we couldn't enjoy most seasons as we were always looking over our shoulder (apart from that one year under Brucey) but in hindsight we'd go back to that in a second.

Back