RAWA Foodbanks Donations

The point of the overall link was, to show the the collections that happened at the weekend, for me hopefully get to people who have story's that are maybe worse, or similar to maybe the young lass who was a single mother named holly who fell on hard times, it shouldn't be the case in this country that we need them, but given the times we live in, they seem necessary, that's without getting into politics etc

Great work by all those concerned.

Not sure I agree with the ethos of foodbanks!
We have a benefits system which provides for those unfortunate enough to be out if work, sick etc...
Whilst it is damned hard to manage on the small amount given millions manage to struggle through every week.
A healthy meal for 4 can be produced at a fraction of the cost to say 30 years ago when times were much harder, thanks to the advent of the likes of aldi and lidl ( other supermarkets are available). Maybe time would be better spent educating families about how they can best use their resources instead of creating an over dependency on hand outs?
I think the volunteers and charities should be given huge credit for their endeavours but I fear food banks could be creating longer term problems for families whilst providing shorter term solutions.

Let’s hope you or your family won’t ever need help then eh.
Perfect world and all that......

I am not sure here, but with the cost of living rising in this country, maybe he needed like you say to get the prescriptions delivered, but also maybe needed to use the foodbank ?

Maybe he needed
Internet access to set the system up??? Who knows but I’m sure a fair few
On benefit down have reasonable access to it, either way the poster you replied has previous to his belief of what food banks achieve. Based on I Daniel .....

Last edited:
Maybe he needed
Internet access to set the system up??? Who knows but I’m sure a fair few
On benefit down have reasonable access to it, either way the poster you replied has previous to his belief of what food banks achieve. Based on I Daniel .....

I was unaware of his previous thoughts, and opinions on foodbanks, so i replied and answered as to what was said, as for internet access to the person in question i am again unaware, but you have wonder what life would be like without the foodbanks, hopefully people never find out.

Beacon of Light on Twitter

Logon or register to see this image

From Twitter again, well done to the club for providing the space.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a benefits system which provides for those unfortunate enough to be out if work, sick etc...
Whilst it is damned hard to manage on the small amount given millions manage to struggle through every week.
A healthy meal for 4 can be produced at a fraction of the cost to say 30 years ago when times were much harder, thanks to the advent of the likes of aldi and lidl ( other supermarkets are available). Maybe time would be better spent educating families about how they can best use their resources instead of creating an over dependency on hand outs?
I think the volunteers and charities should be given huge credit for their endeavours but I fear food banks could be creating longer term problems for families whilst providing shorter term solutions.
If you’ve got nothing nice to say keep your f***ing mouth shut pal

Don't be an arse.
I’m not mate, he’s showing his true colours on the thread now.

Last edited:
What is creating the need is the transferring from the old to new benefit, new applications and the wait of a month before some people get any money and the sanctions and suspension of benefit for multiply reasons.There is also a lot of homeless not on the street but living with friends, family and temporary accommodation. You can also add released prisoner a lot with addiction problems and people with metal health problems who find it hard to access the system.

What is creating the need is the transferring from the old to new benefit, new applications and the wait of a month before some people get any money

It's a scandal that like. It's no wonder they're known as the nasty party. They're so far out of touch with he average man on the street it's a joke.

Based on what? Fiction or fact?

It was fictional film, but the Daniel part of story is commonly accepted as being true to life, a man caught up in the system which fails the very people it was designed to protect.

Last edited:
It's a scandal that like. It's no wonder they're known as the nasty party. They're so far out of touch with he average man on the street it's a joke.

It was fictional film, but the Daniel part of story is commonly accepted as being true to life, a man caught up in the system which fails the very people it was designed to protect.

Good to see your stance has mellowed.

Well done RAWA and well done to the people who donated, you just have to have faith that those most in need are the ones that benefit from these kind actions, like in most situations of need whether it be poverty or unique medical problems it's ordinary people in the community who pick up the enormous slack that the government doesn't provide for (but have no problem finding aid for foreign lands....)

There are countless ways of producing meals without growing your own vegetables or cooking it for hours.
Fuel poverty isn't a new thing, I remember having half a dozen blankets on my bed and wearing layers of clothes just so the heating wasn't used. Sharing hot water between four of us for a weekly bath. Problem is that some people seem incapable of surviving if the temperature in their house drops below 25c and have their heating cranked up!
blankets. that luxury. we used coats, mind I probably am a bit older than you.
each generation has their own idea of what poverty is and the severity of it lessens over the years

in fact i would go as far as to suggest to those who are yet to join RAWA and have wondered just what difference it can make, today has shown what it can do, so if you want to be part of it please do all Sunderland supporters are welcome

Red And White Army | The Independent Voice for All Sunderland Supporters

Onwards and upwards Together.

Logon or register to see this image

yer spot on mate....the more that pitch up to RAWA, the stronger it will be come....The young lass asked at the RAWA meeting and the call is being answered.:):):)

yer spot on mate....the more that pitch up to RAWA, the stronger it will be come....The young lass asked at the RAWA meeting and the call is being answered.:):):)

Shows the positives of the organisation, which is what i suspected at the meeting last October, when it was formed.

There's them (those) that gan (go) to meetings and there's those that sit on their fat arse's (Fat Arse's) and comment from the sidelines...:D

Well i wouldn't put it like that, but maybe those on the sidelines needed something big to be produced like this before they joined in or not, considering how much they keep their fingers on the pulse:cool:

Saturday's Foodbank collection before the Fleetwood game was a great success. One tonne of food was donated and about £1,800 cash collected! We knew Sunderland fans would step up but this is incredible. Read more here http://redandwhitearmy.co.uk/news/

More from twitter.
Red and White News | Red And White Army

Update from Saturday.
Over a tonne of food collected and nearly £2000.
Absolutely brilliant response, well done the organisers and well done the donators

Back