Food you don’t see the point of

Made properly it makes a tasty alternative to rice. Try it with a Moroccan lamb recipe.
It’s lovely. My other half can’t eat it as she has a gluten intolerance. Not her choice. She got food poisoning on holiday and now is broken. Can’t eat gluten or dairy. Moral of the story is to wash your hands folks and avoid sea food that’s been out on display all day etc

Cranberry Sauce.. Best (supposed) meal of the year and some people put, effectively, jam on it.. Wrang un's.
Do you put apple sauce on pork? A sour berry sauce with duck or goose? Loads of meats are better with a fruit based sauce man.
Nope. Too fiddly. The rest are ok.
It's probably the least fiddly. Spin the fucker round your fork, fill ya cake hole. :lol:
It’s lovely. My other half can’t eat it as she has a gluten intolerance. Not her choice. She got food poisoning on holiday and now is broken. Can’t eat gluten or dairy. Moral of the story is to wash your hands folks and avoid sea food that’s been out on display all day etc
It's a f***ing nightmare ain't it. Add nuts and shellfish to the gluten and dairy, and going out for a meal if a right pain in the arse. 🤬 😂

Last edited:
Grated carrot. Carrots are great raw, boiled, roasted, in soup, casserole etc, but take a cheese grater to it and it strips away all the taste. Not only that, who ever eats it, there is always loads left stuck in the grater, over their plates. I think people only eat half of it. Then, if you don’t notice when you start the washing up, every since thing comes out the sink with bits of carrot on it. Couscous is similar.
Yorkshire puddings... bland, tasteless filler food. can't believe the amount of folk who post pictures of them on social media as if they've just accomplished something worthy of a michelin star.
What??? Heathen!

Last edited:
Grated carrot. Carrots are great raw, boiled, roasted, in soup, casserole etc, but take a cheese grater to it and it strips away all the taste. Not only that, who ever eats it, there is always loads left stuck in the grater, over their plates. I think people only eat half of it. Then, if you don’t notice when you start the washing up, every since thing comes out the sink with bits of carrot on it. Couscous is similar.

What??? Heathen!
Grated carrots are superb in a salad. This place in canary wharf does a superb salad.

Grated carrot. Carrots are great raw, boiled, roasted, in soup, casserole etc, but take a cheese grater to it and it strips away all the taste. Not only that, who ever eats it, there is always loads left stuck in the grater, over their plates. I think people only eat half of it. Then, if you don’t notice when you start the washing up, every since thing comes out the sink with bits of carrot on it. Couscous is similar
Do you have a palate, matey. Probably the best grated salad vegetable available.

Back