Food or products which have been discontinued that you miss

Hello Mr B Dragon
I only just discovered the Blue Dragon packet sauces a few weeks ago. I never used to make my own Chinese food as I can never get the egg fried rice quite the same as the takeaways do it and the pan I try to fry the rice in ends up caked in burnt rice that's a bugger to clean.

A few weeks back I gave the Blue Dragon chow mein sauce a try and was astounded at how good it was. Only 60p too! Unreal!

Hammonds chop sauce for me

*apparently making a comeback

A milk shake from Notariannis

Pork dip from Cawthornes or a savoury dip from Ibbitsons

A corned beef, onion and tomato sandwich in a crusty roll from Carricks

Rum and butter toffees from Woolworths

Lunch time set menu from The Bamboo Chinese Restaurant

Home made toffee cakes

Palmolive Shaving Gel
Original Source Tea Tree Shaving Gel

Bugger off! I get sick to the back teeth of florals. :lol: Currently using a black pepper men's bubble bath from Morrisons but not as good.

I thought that was a reference to floral gums sticking to your back teeth; a statement with which I would agree (ditto cherry lips).

Palmolive Shaving Gel
Original Source Tea Tree Shaving Gel

I thought that was a reference to floral gums sticking to your back teeth; a statement with which I would agree (ditto cherry lips).
I used to like cherry lips! My Uncle Sid had a travelling van and would let me and my sisters pick something when we went to visit. I always picked cherry lips! :lol:

A milk shake from Notariannis

Pork dip from Cawthornes or a savoury dip from Ibbitsons

A corned beef, onion and tomato sandwich in a crusty roll from Carricks

Rum and butter toffees from Woolworths

Lunch time set menu from The Bamboo Chinese Restaurant

Home made toffee cakes
Do Ibbitsons not do dips any more?

I used to like cherry lips! My Uncle Sid had a travelling van and would let me and my sisters pick something when we went to visit. I always picked cherry lips! :lol:
There's a "retro" sweet shop in Glasgow that me and the other half (no) popped into recently. One of the things I spotted was cherry lips, so bought a bag. f***ing rotten. Tasted like soap. Then my memory kicked in and I seemed to recall that's exactly how they tasted back in the day!

They also had MB bars:
Logon or register to see this image

They were also honking. I think I'll leave the nostalgia where it belongs and stick to Double Deckers!

There's a "retro" sweet shop in Glasgow that me and the other half (no) popped into recently. One of the things I spotted was cherry lips, so bought a bag. f***ing rotten. Tasted like soap. Then my memory kicked in and I seemed to recall that's exactly how they tasted back in the day!

They also had MB bars:
Logon or register to see this image

They were also honking. I think I'll leave the nostalgia where it belongs and stick to Double Deckers!
And yet I used to like Parma Violets and now am rather partial to Violet creams, so some things remain. I also like violet jam, but rather annoyed to find the last time I went to Edinburgh that Jenners have stopped stocking it. :neutral:

Back