Food in Dubrovnik

I'd stay away from the main square marra.

Seriously though, do folk not use trip advisor?
I love it. I probably get just as much joy from looking and planning all the things to do and places to eat etc as much as the actual holiday!
Tripadvisor is as corrupt as fuck marra. I have read articles just in the last few days about negative reviewers posting complaints about places they have never been to, and folk being paid to give good reviews for places they have never been to. There was a bloke somewhere near Newcastle bought a derelict restaurant that hadn't been open for years and was constantly getting bad reviews.
We're staying on the border/ walls of Old Town I think, taxi there tomorrow from Montenegro.

What's it like for a drink? Hoping for small bars on little winding streets like Lisbon rather than posh wine bars etc but don't know if that's the case....
See my previous post: Cavtat is just up the coast, The harbour has no sand so it is where the multimillionaires park their superyachts just feet away from restaurants and bars. It's f***ing class.

Last edited:

Tripadvisor is as corrupt as fuck marra. I have read articles just in the last few days about negative reviewers posting complaints about places they have never been to, and folk being paid to give good reviews for places they have never been to. There was a bloke somewhere near Newcastle bought a derelict restaurant that hadn't been open for years and was constantly getting bad reviews.
Ah yes, it can be.
You can generally find out the craic though.
Some resteraunt with 5000 reviews isn't going to be bullshit.
But also its about going to see things, or book hotels. You can read a few reviews and get advice and hints, like best time to go etc, was an upgrade worth it, what's the breakfast like, best time to go or do an activity and why.
But aye, you definitely are right on some cases. I found this out early on when we went to a restaurant in Prague which was great on TA but was awful.
After the meal I checked the reviews, and most were written by people who couldn't write, with the odd bad one saying 'don't trust the reviews, this place is awful and should be no where near the top restraunt in Prague'.
It had only about 100 reviews. u
So you do need to delve in a bit more and read some reviews to check and not take a place at face value on TA, but like I said, places with 1000's of reviews will not be corrupt.

Last edited:

See my previous post: Cavtat is just up the coast, The harbour has no sand so it is where the multimillionaires park their superyachts just feet away from restaurants and bars. It's f***ing class.

I'm just in Dubrovnik briefly and want to stay put if possible. So hoping there's a decent drinking area there...

Back