Food for Thought From a Meteorologist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a scientist but my rudimentary knowledge of statistics tells me there's possibly something wrong with this...

Since UK-wide records began in 1914, nine of the 10 warmest years have happened since 1989.

I'm not a scientist but my rudimentary knowledge of statistics tells me there's possibly something wrong with this...

I'm not sure what you mean Nemo. It is pointing out that nine of the 10 warmest years on record have occured within the last 18 years, i.e. indicating a warming trend.

I'm not sure what you mean Nemo. It is pointing out that nine of the 10 warmest years on record have occured within the last 18 years, i.e. indicating a warming trend.

waltham forest is about to be renamed tropical rain forest:lol:

Its not a poll, it is data from meteorological information which indicated that in the last 160 years, 9 of the 10 hottest years on record have occurred within the last two decades. It isn't the only indicator of rising global temperatures, it is one of them. You must have noticed it yourself? I'm only 29, and I certainly have, the bees certainly have, as have the hedgehogs, the birds, the tortoises and thousands of other species which are at risk from rapid climate change.

Its not a poll, it is data from meteorological information which indicated that in the last 160 years, 9 of the 10 hottest years on record have occurred within the last two decades. It isn't the only indicator of rising global temperatures, it is one of them. You must have noticed it yourself? I'm only 29, and I certainly have, the bees certainly have, as have the hedgehogs, the birds, the tortoises and thousands of other species which are at risk from rapid climate change.

loads of hedgehogs round our way wearing sunglasses and sun block, so it must be true like

Too small a sample. Looks meaningless to me but if there's anyone well versed about such things I'm here to be convinced.

yeah i can tell by the way that the sky was grey and it kept raining! 2007 was a scortcher alright, in the middle east its 50 degrees all day everyday and has been forever and they just get on with it, in england it stops raining for 5 minutes and everyone starts panicking that we are gonna burn up! rediculous! all i can say is global warming bring it on, weve been too cold for too long!

been f***ing freezing here for a month, 9 degrees last week

and it rained and the city came to a halt, all schools closed, get on with it my arse

No doubt you consulted Chinese records before you composed that piece of useless information!

Snigger! :lol:

China has got earlier records on UK temperatures than the UK has? :eek:

Tony doesn't debate. He posts articles and belittles those that don't agree with it.

I don't think I've ever read him explicitly express his own opinion without the aid of an article.

Yes, 2007 was a warm year, both in the UK and globally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7169690.stm

The UK's top 10 warmest years on record (in order) are 2006, 2007, 2003, 2004, 2002, 2005, 1990, 1997, 1949 and 1999.

Globally, there is a similar trend - the top 10 being 1998, 2005, 2003, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2001, 1997 and 1995.

"Nine of the 10 warmest years have happened since 1989," said Dr Huddleston.

"There is an inexorable rise in temperature that is small compared to daily weather changes,"

Didn't I read somewhere that the warmest was in the 1930's, something about a NASA fuck up? I'll see if I can find it

China has got earlier records on UK temperatures than the UK has? :eek:

February this year has been devastatingly cold in China in case you haven't heard. But if you are referring only to UK temperatures then what was the point in the post? And since we have another 14.5 days to go till the end of February your post seems utterly irrelevant to me.

BTW the original ":snigger: :lol: " was posted by you in response to piece of garbage humour by our resident "Sexual Intellectual" that was directed at me. [GK please note!]

Didn't I read somewhere that the warmest was in the 1930's, something about a NASA fuck up? I'll see if I can find it

Logon or register to see this image

What this shows me is that there is a definite forced warming trend with natural fluctuation that takes place roughly every 30-40 years. Currently we are experiencing a natural downward fluctuation that is fighting the forced warming effect of CO2, and temperatures for the past few years have levelled. The cooling efect will likely end soon and temperatures will continue upwards like they did in the 80s and 90s.

February this year has been devastatingly cold in China in case you haven't heard. But if you are referring only to UK temperatures then what was the point in the post? And since we have another 14.5 days to go till the end of February your post seems utterly irrelevant to me.

BTW the original ":snigger: :lol: " was posted by you in response to piece of garbage humour by our resident "Sexual Intellectual" that was directed at me. [GK please note!]

You do understand the impact of a climate shift don't you?

This is really basic stuff you're talking about here Tony.

You do not seem to understand the difference between weather and climate.

Sexual intellectual for God's sake, grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back