food calorie/portion GOV cuts.

There's a huge amount of freely available nutritional information on the internet. It is easy to arm yourself with correct, up to date knowledge.
With this in mind being obese is optional.
Losing weight is really not that difficult.

I took classes through my health provider once diagnosed with type II diabetes, and once we had been given the tools to sense, size and count calories, including in meals eaten at restaurants, we were taught to ask for a take away box at the start, not the end, of a meal, and then when the plate comes to leave on it the amount you should be having at a single meal that day (having already figured out where you stand that day) and put the rest in the box to take home. When I am honest, more goes home than stays on the plate in the current world of serving sizes here in the USA, and increasingly so in the UK too. No matter, its my food once ordered and so this is what I frequently do. Plan B is to order one dish to share with the wife, but that is not such a practical way to cut calories when eating out if you don't have similar tastes, and we do not.

I took classes through my health provider once diagnosed with type II diabetes, and once we had been given the tools to sense, size and count calories, including in meals eaten at restaurants, we were taught to ask for a take away box at the start, not the end, of a meal, and then when the plate comes to leave on it the amount you should be having at a single meal that day (having already figured out where you stand that day) and put the rest in the box to take home. When I am honest, more goes home than stays on the plate in the current world of serving sizes here in the USA, and increasingly so in the UK too. No matter, its my food once ordered and so this is what I frequently do. Plan B is to order one dish to share with the wife, but that is not such a practical way to cut calories when eating out if you don't have similar tastes, and we do not.
Sorry to hear you have diabetes. I've just read an interesting book by Dr Michael Mosley called "The 8 week blood sugar diet".
It's about reversing type 2 diabetes and staying off medications.
I'm not diabetic but still found it very informative.

I never had a weight problem but as I got older I noticed that sometimes getting ready to go out on Saturday nights, my trousers would nip a bit. I was a 32 waist then. Many years later, after refusing to buy a bigger waist I am a 32 waist, at 71. You don’t need scales, if you feel your clothes getting a bit tighter, watch what you eat and especially take excercise and keep portion sizes sensible. I speak from years of experience, big portions have made a lot of people greedy.
slim jim.

Back