food calorie/portion GOV cuts.

Quite a bit i reckon and even more so when you go away for work which people have to do a lot.

Just let people have the facts and they can decide. I honestly think people would be shocked at the amount if calories they consume.

No reason why all the Chains, pizza places, kfc, mcdonalds, etc shouldn't have the calories listed it plain view.

You can find most on their website so just stick it in the menu.

We have an issue that is getting out Of hand and needs to addressed.

Yeah but how many people have to go away for work on a regular basis? I dont know anyone who does, vast majority dont. And yes im stereotyping but the ones who this whole thing in aimed at either dont work or are in low end jobs. And in my experience of the people i know who dont look after themselves, the stereotype pretty much fits.

It seems now our beloved GOV are now sniffing around cutting calories and/or making smaller portions in microwave meals etc to curb obesity. Getting silly now like. Can we not be trusted to eat what we want anymore?,, seems not. Id love to see how this will be brought in and policed at at the takeaway joints across the country...
No. We can't be trusted. We have an obesity epidemic.

Yeah but how many people have to go away for work on a regular basis? I dont know anyone who does, vast majority dont. And yes im stereotyping but the ones who this whole thing in aimed at either dont work or are in low end jobs. And in my experience of the people i know who dont look after themselves, the stereotype pretty much fits.

But people are eating out a lot. Hence the reason we have a nation of fatties. If calories were listed as they are on other foods then people may just understand how many they eat.

Also, like I said right at the start it's not just fat bastards, what about those who want to lose weight, and those like me who want to keep it off.

Give people the facts. If it's good enough for shop food it's Good enough for eating out. Can't see what harm it does but can see the benefits.

Who's telling people how much they can eat?
Is the government stopping anyone buying fresh food and cooking it?
Are they stopping anyone from simply buying x2 micro meals?
Going to a restaurant?

It does seem a bit overkill but at the same time what are the government meant to do to try and curb this obesity culture and cost? I think getting angry about it is embarrassing TBH.

But people are eating out a lot. Hence the reason we have a nation of fatties. If calories were listed as they are on other foods then people may just understand how many they eat.

Also, like I said right at the start it's not just fat bastards, what about those who want to lose weight, and those like me who want to keep it off.

Give people the facts. If it's good enough for shop food it's Good enough for eating out. Can't see what harm it does but can see the benefits.

To a point. Yes get the big chains to display calorie info, but wouldnt be forcing it on small local indeps.

And those watching their weignt etc, it isnt difficult. Eat sensibly, dont snack & be as active as possible. You dont need spoon feeding. A few years back i started to pile on a few pounds. I just cut out the shite, drank a pint or 2 less than i normally would & tried to get in 11-12k steps. The weight flew off without even being overly excessive about it.

I was in Asda the other night, just fancied a bottle of lemonade and couldn't find a one without sweeteners in it.
Fuck off fatties, you twats.

I never had a weight problem but as I got older I noticed that sometimes getting ready to go out on Saturday nights, my trousers would nip a bit. I was a 32 waist then. Many years later, after refusing to buy a bigger waist I am a 32 waist, at 71. You don’t need scales, if you feel your clothes getting a bit tighter, watch what you eat and especially take excercise and keep portion sizes sensible. I speak from years of experience, big portions have made a lot of people greedy.

To a point. Yes get the big chains to display calorie info, but wouldnt be forcing it on small local indeps.

And those watching their weignt etc, it isnt difficult. Eat sensibly, dont snack & be as active as possible. You dont need spoon feeding. A few years back i started to pile on a few pounds. I just cut out the shite, drank a pint or 2 less than i normally would & tried to get in 11-12k steps. The weight flew off without even being overly excessive about it.
Can see loads of benefits having calories listed and not many negatives. Fair enough on the small outlets.

I was in Asda the other night, just fancied a bottle of lemonade and couldn't find a one without sweeteners in it.
Fuck off fatties, you twats.

Yep none available , Tesco’s taste the difference used to have no sweetness but not checked for a while. I buy PLJ now and make it up with sparkling water

Never noticed the tins getting any smaller like.

John West tuna is the one that springs to mind
Was 185g then 160g now 145g

A lot of the other brands are still 160g having previously being 185g

Beer taxes are another. Stella was 5.2% then 5.0% now 4.8% just to maintain price. Carlsberg special brew has dropped from 9% to 8%

Back