food calorie/portion GOV cuts.

As i am getting older the more i realise what a fantastic job my parents done of bringing me up with good values. Cannot blame them that i turned into a loony though. Not one swear word has been heard from my mother. Bless her. And i did not hear my old man swear till i was eighteen.

Everything should have the calories on it. Including every takeaway, restuarant.

However, I'm fully aware this will only help those who want to lose weight.
i agree mate. I always check the nutritional data but on some things its bleeding tiny.

As i am getting older the more i realise what a fantastic job my parents done of bringing me up with good values. Cannot blame them that i turned into a loony though. Not one swear word has been heard from my mother. Bless her. And i did not hear my old man swear till i was eighteen.

i agree mate. I always check the nutritional data but on some things its bleeding tiny.
I'm at the weight i want to be. However, I fully understand how bloody easy it can be to gain weight so I still count the calories. This is very difficult when you eat out. Food in the shops has it on. Some places do it and they are my places of choice.

Educate people and also give them the facts about how many calories they are shoving down their throats.

What about skinny people that eat shite all day? Do you think they get enough stick as fat people get? I work with 2 who from getting in start of shift spend all day back and forward to the vending machines eating f***ing crap. One buys his frozen greggs pasties from iceland ffs. Never eats fruit and vegetables ever and his idea of foreign food is spaghetti bolognese, which he detests. Us gym lads try to explain about cholestrol, saturated fats etc but will not listen.

Last edited:
Everything should have the calories on it. Including every takeaway, restuarant.

This will never happen though for takeaways as there is too much variance in portion sizes in the same place. It’s a good idea though but can’t see it happening, best you would get would be a rough estimate. No excuse for chain restaurants not doing it though.

Absolutely this. How about increasing health education instead of dealing with the symptoms. Long term thinking vs short termism.
I would ban single parents and bring back the death pelanty for divorce. ;)

Booze cans should have the amount of calories and alcohol stamped onto a plain cover, with a photo of a diseased liver.

A similar strategy has worked with cigarettes.

Last edited:
I'm at the weight i want to be. However, I fully understand how bloody easy it can be to gain weight so I still count the calories. This is very difficult when you eat out. Food in the shops has it on. Some places do it and they are my places of choice.

Educate people and also give them the facts about how many calories they are shoving down their throats.

But how often do people eat out?
Theres nothing wrong with a bit of excess now & then.

I think it more to do with people now being more sedentary than they used to be so arent burning off enough calories.

But how often do people eat out?
Theres nothing wrong with a bit of excess now & then.

I think it more to do with people now being more sedentary than they used to be so arent burning off enough calories.

Quite a bit i reckon and even more so when you go away for work which people have to do a lot.

Just let people have the facts and they can decide. I honestly think people would be shocked at the amount if calories they consume.

No reason why all the Chains, pizza places, kfc, mcdonalds, etc shouldn't have the calories listed it plain view.

You can find most on their website so just stick it in the menu.

We have an issue that is getting out Of hand and needs to addressed.

I would ban single parents and bring back the death pelanty for divorce. ;)

Booze cans should have the amount of calories and alcohol stamped onto a plain cover, with a photo of a diseased liver.

A similar strategy has worked with cigarettes.
Quite a bit i reckon and even more so when you go away for work which people have to do a lot.

Just let people have the facts and they can decide. I honestly think people would be shocked at the amount if calories they consume.

No reason why all the Chains, pizza places, kfc, mcdonalds, etc shouldn't have the calories listed it plain view.

I am sure the calorie content of macdonalds is on view somewhere inside the place

Back