Fm13 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for you to explain to me in simple layman's terms how you came up with that image of players of FM who haven't taken to it quite as well as some have done. Preferably after you have actually offered something in the way of advice. My thought was to use both types of tactics at the same time because you don't allow a player's own strengths to come out if you stick to just the team tactic. Whereas if you employ individual player tactics as well as the team tactics the players can play to their strengths.
it would probably be like this, finger pupperts and condescending talk optional

I'd love for you to explain to me in simple layman's terms how you came up with that image of players of FM who haven't taken to it quite as well as some have done. Preferably after you have actually offered something in the way of advice. My thought was to use both types of tactics at the same time because you don't allow a player's own strengths to come out if you stick to just the team tactic. Whereas if you employ individual player tactics as well as the team tactics the players can play to their strengths.

Your Football Manager knowledge appears to be the same as your actual football knowledge :lol:

Ive just started my 2nd season with Metalist Kharkiv in the Ukraine. I won the league in my 1st season which I was very suprised at, despite losing 4-1 away at Shakhtar and being level on points with them until the last game. I went into the final game 2 points ahead of Shakhtar and we both won our final game.

Arnly playing mate.

Your Football Manager knowledge appears to be the same as your actual football knowledge :lol:

If you have kids, and I am feeling sorry for them already, seriously think about putting them up for adoption because if they ever come to you for help on something God help them!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone ever actually sat you down and went to great pains to explain why laughing at someone when they come to you for help is not going to work??

If you have kids, and I am feeling sorry for them already, seriously think about putting them up for adoption because if they ever come to you for help on something God help them!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone ever actually sat you down and went to great pains to explain why laughing at someone when they come to you for help is not going to work??

Owt else you want help on mate, I`ll try my best to be accommodating

Slowly getting going on my Hinckley game: 1st season spend my £350p/w wage budget on a few young free lads & get through the season by any means. 2nd season had a better idea of where i needed to strengthen and did really well getting in some frees in some key positions, won the fa trophy (no idea how), won the league on the last day with a draw (was second before the game and was sure i'd blown it). Currently in 3rd season, took a pay-cut to save the club some cash; that & the money from the cup run in season 2 has meant the board are happy to spend a lot more on wages, gone down the youth route to try and either train up some very good players or make a few quid if another team tries to steal them away; i must have done well in the market cos the board want me to avoid religation but the bookies have me as favorites to win the league! Trying to get as much of my playing squad on proper part-time contracts now, as my success is starting to alert other teams to my players.

GET THE FOOK IN!! BEAT WATFORD 3-1 TODAY TO RECORD MY FIRST WIN!!!

I was 3-0 by about 25mins! Two goals from Yann Kermorgant (one a penalty) and one from Danny Haynes sealed the win! That Foristieri struck back and the rest of the time was very nervy for me but I hung on!

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Loaded up my 'Youth Challenge' game with Salisbury after a 6-month hiatus. Came back just after clinching a fourth successive promotion to the Championship. First six months of the season I was flying, top by a few points and then I had to let 2 of my star players go. They weren't signing new contracts which would have expired in the summer. Got about £9mill for them, both with 30% future transfer fee clauses. Second half of the season I lost all form and scraped a 2nd place finish. About to start my season in the Premiership, here's a few screenshots:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/1267/nbcr.png - Harold Kumar the Gaffer
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7648/mety.png - club overview
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/742/p66f.png - Roy Greeno GK
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9173/ptw5.png - Rob Slocombe DC
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4317/kx0k.png - Andrew Jordan AMC
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9855/qgqs.png - Kerry Kames SC
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9905/705y.png - Kerry James' scoring record

If you have kids, and I am feeling sorry for them already, seriously think about putting them up for adoption because if they ever come to you for help on something God help them!

I dont have kids but I wouldnt have a problem giving them help with a game, but you are a grown up, arent you?

Well done on the first win by the way, its only taken about 4 months :lol::lol::oops::oops:

Well done on the first win by the way, its only taken about 4 months :lol::lol::oops::oops:

I take that as a massive compliment btw, precisely because you made it clear you do not intend it to be that way which was your mistake. So thank you. Means a lot for you to say that.

I am still trying to fathom what happened for the win to occur. I am going along completely blind. I really couldn't tell you what each tactical expression means and whether or not it is appropriate for the position of the player concerned. Luck? I guess I was just lucky with hitting on the right tactical formula. Something must have fallen into place. But I must have tried every tactical combination so far. I have lost count of the amount of times I change tactics in an effort to find a performance from the team to finally mount some comeback from my losing position. It can't be that. Maybe I hit one of these days where Football Manager decides this day was going to be a win. We all know it is fixed. Whatever happened on Saturday to create this freak result you won't find me complaining about it. It got me a win and that's all I care about.

Deffo up there as the happiest days of my life.

I take that as a massive compliment btw, precisely because you made it clear you do not intend it to be that way which was your mistake. So thank you. Means a lot for you to say that.

I am still trying to fathom what happened for the win to occur. I am going along completely blind. I really couldn't tell you what each tactical expression means and whether or not it is appropriate for the position of the player concerned. Luck? I guess I was just lucky with hitting on the right tactical formula. Something must have fallen into place. But I must have tried every tactical combination so far. I have lost count of the amount of times I change tactics in an effort to find a performance from the team to finally mount some comeback from my losing position. It can't be that. Maybe I hit one of these days where Football Manager decides this day was going to be a win. We all know it is fixed. Whatever happened on Saturday to create this freak result you won't find me complaining about it. It got me a win and that's all I care about.

Deffo up there as the happiest days of my life.

:lol::lol: I really hope you are real

Building a decent side with Burnley!

Finshed 2nd first season
17th in the Prem in the second season
Managed 11th in the season just gone.

Isaksson

Trippier Shackell Hanley Mee

Knockaert Elm Cairney Mackay-Steven

Helenius Austin​

Got some decent youth players, including the 5 star rated Mason Bennett. Got an Argie regen coming in upfront too so I may cash in on Austin.

Building a decent side with Burnley!

Finshed 2nd first season
17th in the Prem in the second season
Managed 11th in the season just gone.

Isaksson

Trippier Shackell Hanley Mee

Knockaert Elm Cairney Mackay-Steven

Helenius Austin​

Got some decent youth players, including the 5 star rated Mason Bennett. Got an Argie regen coming in upfront too so I may cash in on Austin.

Moved Austin on to Norwich for £6m, a total gamble after a solid 20 league goals over two seasons. Hes been replaced by 22 year old Argie regen Albano Galvan. Stopper Stephane Ruffier came in on a free and Gary Medel signed on a season long loan.

5 games in to the season, won 3 lost 2. Galvan picked up a knock in a friendly annoying so was 79% fit for the opening day visit of Everton.

Burnley 2
Helenius 66
Galvan 90+3

Everton 1
Jelavic pen 7

What a start for the new lad B-)

Since then we were whalloped 5-0 at Chelsea, beat Man United 2-1 at home, beaten 3-2 at home by Spurs and splattered an in form Mags side 3-0 at Sid James, though an Albano Galvan hat-trick!

Whadda day yesterday was! Took the lead against Millwall. It was 1-0 to us. Millwall equalised. Now 1-1. We retook the lead to make it 2-1. Guess what happened next! Yep it was 2-2. Yann Kermogant gave us the lead for the THIRD time to make it 3-2! I will leave it to you to complete the last 5mins of the game.

On the player tactic sliders I see the 'mentality' wasn't ticked. I did that with everyone and instructed the team to play to balanced. That made a difference. It also made a difference for certain players to man mark specific Millwall players. I enjoyed it. I am still in trouble in the bottom but I hate to speculate but I could be getting the hang of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1382865876][/DOUBLEPOST]On another note the second of our goals went down a an O/G by the Millwall keeper but I am sure it was a Danny Haynes goal. Bradley Pritchard, one of our two best CM's picked up an injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently got sacked by Charlton so I took the Bromley job (I wanted a low risk job) and straight away my first game is a 2-0 away win against Havant & Waterlooville. Despite going down to 10 men. My only change is I started taking the team talks and I used the Opposition Instructions for the first time. Well chuffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back