FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to have a go with SAFC again after the January transfer update

Doing well something like 6th in the league going into 2017 but Cattermole has decided he wants a move feels like he's achieved everything he can at the club :lol:. Sold to Leicester for £8.5m

Decided to have a go with SAFC again after the January transfer update

Doing well something like 6th in the league going into 2017 but Cattermole has decided he wants a move feels like he's achieved everything he can at the club :lol:. Sold to Leicester for £8.5m
have you not got a game going with everton

That was my 2nd, 1st was to transfer list Rodwell and stick him in the Reserves. 2 seasons in he's still here, cant give the fucker away.
I've had a load of trouble selling anyone when managing Sunderland like. Seems a lot of people do.

Doesn't help that SI's main 'scout' up here is a mag mind. Which also goes to show why they always seem to do quite well on the game.

Anyone Recommend and Immediate signings for SAFC ( lasted update ). Injuries are brutal and we are awful of course.

Logon or register to see this image

A lot of them were squad fillers, as you say the squad is shite and decimated by injuries.

I'm sure if you look on SI forums or http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/ you can find a list of good cheapies at the start of the game, but I just dived straight in & mucked about.

Boschilia was probably the pick of the bunch and did win European Goldenboy the following year. I'm in 2020/21 now and only Borges is at the club now as squad rotation.

Has anyone else noticed this happening? I'm currently in my first season with Harrogate and sitting 5th but honestly man I should be doing much better. It seems like nearly every game I absolutely dominate statistically, have a ton more shots than the other team but can't put the ball away and then the other team manages about 1-3 shots on target and score from them.

Last game shots

Total = 20- 3
On target = 5-2
Score = 1-1

another

Total = 21 - 5
On target - 8-1
Score = 1-1

and another

Total = 12-6
On taget = 6-3
Score 1-2

You get the idea. My keeper is 4.5 star rated in my team but is letting in just about every shot that's on target and it's doing my head in. Any ideas?

and again man!

Total shots = 17 - 5
On target = 5-1
Score = 1-1

It's f***ing ridiculous this

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed this happening? I'm currently in my first season with Harrogate and sitting 5th but honestly man I should be doing much better. It seems like nearly every game I absolutely dominate statistically, have a ton more shots than the other team but can't put the ball away and then the other team manages about 1-3 shots on target and score from them.

Last game shots

Total = 20- 3
On target = 5-2
Score = 1-1

another

Total = 21 - 5
On target - 8-1
Score = 1-1

and another

Total = 12-6
On taget = 6-3
Score 1-2

You get the idea. My keeper is 4.5 star rated in my team but is letting in just about every shot that's on target and it's doing my head in. Any ideas?

and again man!

Total shots = 17 - 5
On target = 5-1
Score = 1-1

It's f***ing ridiculous this
Agreed, seems to happen often.

Once in a blue moon is fair enough but having it happen quite often is a bit ridiculous :lol:

Died a canny death this thread :lol: no one still playing?

Booted up my Chester save for the first time in months on Friday, stopped playing because my save fucked up and had to buy the editor for £4 (shite that) to fix it. First six games in our first season in the Championship and sitting in the play offs with three wins and two draws. Happy with that considering our budget is less than half of 22 of the teams in the league.

Might have a few hours on it later on.

Logon or register to see this image

A lot of them were squad fillers, as you say the squad is shite and decimated by injuries.

I'm sure if you look on SI forums or http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/ you can find a list of good cheapies at the start of the game, but I just dived straight in & mucked about.

Boschilia was probably the pick of the bunch and did win European Goldenboy the following year. I'm in 2020/21 now and only Borges is at the club now as squad rotation.
I have boschilia for Fulham in championship quality

Died a canny death this thread :lol: no one still playing?

Booted up my Chester save for the first time in months on Friday, stopped playing because my save fucked up and had to buy the editor for £4 (shite that) to fix it. First six games in our first season in the Championship and sitting in the play offs with three wins and two draws. Happy with that considering our budget is less than half of 22 of the teams in the league.

Might have a few hours on it later on.
There's just so many games nowadays.

I only go on it for a network career I'm in atm (halfway through the 11th season), was Swansea from the beginning and I won everything but the board didn't give a lot of money so I moved onto Chelsea who want me to finish the season in the top half (currently 8th and even in the hunt for top 4)

I've not been on that for a while as one of the lads is busy with uni work though :lol:

There's just so many games nowadays.

I only go on it for a network career I'm in atm (halfway through the 11th season), was Swansea from the beginning and I won everything but the board didn't give a lot of money so I moved onto Chelsea who want me to finish the season in the top half (currently 8th and even in the hunt for top 4)

I've not been on that for a while as one of the lads is busy with uni work though :lol:

Class when you get a decent network game going, not had one in years. Had one about five or six years ago with three of my mates. Two years in a row it ended with us all being able to win the title on the last day, finished twice both times :lol: was an absolute bastard.

Think I'd be getting frustrated with how slow it is well before the 11th season on a network save.

Just started a new game with us after the January update. Top of the league at the end of September, Defoe has 10 goals and Khazri has 6

Signed Andrea Poli from AC Milan for £5 million, Lassana Diarra on a free and got a 21-year old Brazilian left-back called Caju for £3million who has been brilliant so far.

Honestly having the best game of FM I've had in years ATM.

My best mate is a Birmingham City fan, so took charge of them with media prediction of 17th. Signed a couple of Loanees, and 3 players from Crewe (Garratt, Guthrie, Finney). Set my formations (4-2-3-1 and a defensive 4-1-4-1) and hoped on mid table.....

6 games to go, I'm second on 84 points and only a point behind Norwich. Promotion confirmed in my last game, winning 4-1 at Brentford. Signed Kyle Lafferty on loan and he's scoring for fun used as a supportive target man.

Norwich have trips to Wolves and the mags last 2 games, I have Leeds and Villa.....

Mags are 4th BTW, Sacked Benitez and hired John Toshack.

Into 6 year in for me with hartlepool save.

Season 1 - promoted to league one (1st)
Season 2 - promoted to championship (2nd)
Seqson 3 - bottom at xmas. Sacked.
Season 3 cont. Took over Albania national job.
Season 4 - had mediocre success with albania.
Season 5 - around feb time. Pools had 3 managers since i left. (Tony pulis sacked, shay given sacked, phil neville sacked) applys for job again. Gets it! Get us into league 1 playoffs. Promoted!
Season 6 - 8mil cash injection from new chairman. Bring on championship!!!
(Sunderland just finished 5th last year in prem :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back