FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to call it a day after 7 very successful seasons with the lads.
I won the FA Cup (2020), League Cup (2021), Premier League (2022), Community Shield (2022) & was runners up in the Euro Cup (2019).
After winning the league i struggled the next season, finishing 7th and decided to leave knowing Liverpool & Chelsea were both looking for managers.

Got the job at Chelsea and had instant success winning Premier League & Euro Cup in my first season (2024).

Second season started off well winning Community Shield & Euro Super cup but had a bit of bad luck after that.
Lost in the final of the League Cup, knocked out in the semis of the Champions League after winning the first leg away and then finished 2nd to Man Utd in the league by 1 point, even though i finished on 97 points and broke loads of records :evil:

Anyone elses existing games running slower since the update?

Got Auxerre promoted into Ligue 1. Signed 2 players (young French defender - Dayot Upamecano from FC Red Bull and Leonardo Gatto - a forward from Atalanta). Brought up some more players from youth and am happy with squad. Players have started complaining about playing time and the like which is a right fart on.

I'm sat 7th after 13 games (won 4, drew 7 lost 2) and have picked up some good wins (V Bastia who finished 3rd last year 3-2, Saint Etienne 1-0 and Stade Reims 3-0).

Alexandre Vincent has really come into his own in an attacking midfielder role and first year Evan Ndicka has been a rock at the back.

2 games from finishing my second season with Auxerre, and I'm proudly sat 6th in the league. Europe is an outside chance which i was never expecting. Need to get at least 4 points from final 2 games which are PSG (away, they're unbeaten in 2 years) and Laval at home. I doubt I'll do it! Lowest I can finish is 10th which is an achievement itself.

Throughout the game, the lads have been relegated, bottom, after replacing Moyes with Karanka (Moyes guided Villa to safety). Prem title is still up for grabs, I'll update when finished.
Bayern won the Bundesliga by a point to Leverkusen, Juve did the double in Italy, Barca win la liga and Sporting win in Portugal. Most surprising is in Holland, where NEC won the eredivisie by a point over Ajax and Feyenoord.

Wish me luck lads.

Finished 5th. 4 pointa off Europe after Lorient won their game in hand, and the remaining 2.
Played 38, won 16, drew 13, lost 9. Points 61.

Happy with that though. Although next season will still be a struggle. Club is haemmoraging money.

Top player was Brahim Konate who ran the whole show, although his stats don't show it. Special mentions to Ruben Aguilarat RB, Noam Trabe at LB (The angry bastard - 3 sending offs!) Dayot Upamecano at CB and Gregory Berthier for forcing his way into midfield and making it his own.

Few players have to go, and Cassano is one of them. Not one goal,and no assists. Pointless Signing and the worst I've ever made on FM.

UPDATE:

Qualified for Europe after PSG won the cup. f***ing Gerrin!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Haven't played a modern FM game since 2005. Are they fun again?

I've got hours to kill at the caravan these days, and a surface pro, so high end gaming is out, Got Civ which seems to run ok on it, but thought Footy Manager would be a good shout.

7 games into the Ligue 1 season and I'm top. Won all games. Qualified through playoffs for Europa League. Group is Genk, Galatasaray and another (I'm pissed). Montpellier next up.....

Started a new game, unemployed. Applied for the York City job mid December which was accepted. Took them up to League Two at the first time of asking. Club just been bought out. Got rid of all the National League shit players and brought in some free's. Looking forward to the season starting, I'm optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back