FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been in since FM 16? :p

Also as FM plays real-life politics, it's nearly impossible for someone from the Balkans to get a Western European visa for political reasons.

If you're wondering why it's easier to sign South Americans than it is people from the Balkans - Brazilians can get a Portuguese passport and Argentinians can get a Spanish passport so it's a fast-track into the EU for them lot. Politics is a ****.

Well im just signing EU regens now, Just signed 4 Poles all 5 star for the lads hahaha

4th season of my Sheffield Wednesday save complete and we had a 3rd place finish in the PL and a EFL Cup triumph really feel we can push for the title this year happy with the players I've brought in and sold although it was hard from me to sacrifice Ward-Prowse but with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg available for £4.6m it had to be done and finally signed longterm target Martin Odegaard for his £8m release fee :D

Logon or register to see this image

Plenty of strength in deph at the club now and still a strong core of English players

Strongest XI

Back Up XI

Lost interest in this save. Anyone done any good foreign saves in minor leagues - preferably Eastern European?
Might try a polish or Ukrainian save

Any advice for stopping crosses? 90% of goals I concede seem to come from them and it's really pissing me off. I can't find a way to combat it.

Any advice for stopping crosses? 90% of goals I concede seem to come from them and it's really pissing me off. I can't find a way to combat it.
Try putting your full backs to mark tighter and tackle harder. Makes a little difference but crosses/full backs are over powered

Started a new game with Ajax. First season finished 2nd and won the Dutch Cup. Was a battle with PSV for the title but my 1-1 draw at home where I conceded in the last minute blew my chances.
Got some cracking youngsters which a lot of big clubs are bidding for. Have the likes of Riedewald, Bazoer,Veltman,Tete and Dolberg who on my other games always turn out quality yet the clubs won't even offer 15m-20m that they're worth and instead unsettle my players by offering 6m.
Brought in Maxi Romero, Anichebe ,Zucculini, Subotic,Cerci.
My reserve side won the 2nd division aswell so will be using some of the better youngsters in my squad aswell.

Stop trying and instead just make sure you put in more than the opposition?

any one had Andrija balic ? I can't seem to get him performing even tho his stats are mint

Can barely get a win now and my defence has turned to crap. Can't remember the last time I had a clean sheet. I've given up trying to stop crosses because it seems impossible.

Losing 4-0 at Spurs. Three of those goals have been crosses. What do I do?!

Last edited:

We needed just a draw to finish in the Champions League places. We ended up dropping from 3rd to 6th thanks to this last minute winner and goal difference.

A very disappointing end to the season. After finishing 6th, reaching the FA Cup semi final and the Champions League quarter final I hope that Short actually backs me this summer. A £12M budget isn't gonna cut it if he wants us to remain up there.

Last edited:
3rd place and in the UCL going into the last game against already relegated and last place Lorient.

Lost 3-0, played me off the park :lol:

Rob Holding and Alena at Barca who both turn out class, signed them on loan for squad depth, put a cheeky 10m optional fee in for both. Arsenal and Barca accept. I think to myself, the players wont want to come, I offer 10m for both and now have them both permanently :lol:

Defo worth trying out in case its a bug.

I accidentally walked away from negotiations with Passlack so an agent won't talk to me and my DOF didn't offer a satisfactory contract. Ended up paying £5m more and more per week for Klostermann, but it seems as if they both turn out good so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It's annoying how easy it is to 'upset' an agent and the lack of options to re-enter talks or interact with the player. The player wanted to come and handed in a transfer request due to my interest, but one accidental unsuccessful negotiation and the agent is blocking me off and I have no way of explaining the situation to the player.

I keep getting messages telling me I've been sent on an intensive language course. Getting on my tits.

I'm also annoyed at how inconsistent my team is, for example just walloped hull 5-0 taking me to 6th, very next game I get beat 3-0 by Southampton who were 16th. I kept the same team and formation etc, is that my downfall?

So, mine has turned out one of the most enjoyable saves. Started at Sunderland, came 3rd and won the FA cup, great opening season. 2nd season finished 11th somehow and proper struggled. So I decided to up sticks and move to Shandong half way through 3rd season. Had Ki, Evander, Assomgalonga and Maicon as my 3 forigners and 1 asian player, crazy league. Have to have a Chinese keeper so the amount of goals that are scored are crazy.
Played another 2 and a half seasons there, winning the Asian champs league easily in the end, then moved back to Europe.
Fancied the German league and the 1st job that came up was VfL Bochum, got them promoted 1st season as champions then started building a squad to stay in the Bundersliga.
Played 10 won 9 and lost 1, beat Bayern and Dortmund away then Lazio came calling.
They were dead bottom at Seria 1 so I have yet another rebuilding job on my hands. Currently have them sitting 11th and improving all the time. Think I will stick with them for a long time. I have my Chinese wonderkid, Zhan Wernlong, regen, up front now after paying Shandong 11m for. I was his favored personnel so when I came calling he wanted to make the move. TBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back