1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FM 17

Discussion in 'Games and games consoles' started by SAFC Wilks, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Sister Ray

Sister Ray Central Defender

Cancelo is amazing
    Klostermann
    Arana is amazing
    Jorge
    PVA is very good
    Charlie Taylor

Good Brother likes this.
  2. Good Brother

Good Brother Goalkeeper

I have Taylor and binned PVA. I have Krusnell as his backup, but he's nowhere near ready yet. Taylor has been canny enough but I could do with more competition.
    Thanks for the recommendations.

3. Sister Ray

Sister Ray Central Defender

There's loads of amazing full backs in South America TBF and you can get them relatively cheap.

Work permits can be an issue sometimes.

Good Brother likes this.
  4. Steesafc

Steesafc Striker

Full backs are pretty piss on the game you can't go wrong. I have Inigo Lekue who is only three star rated but he averages well over 7.30 as a right wing back or inverted left wing back.

5. Good Brother

Good Brother Goalkeeper

[​IMG]

Berahino's debut...

DH1 Mackem JN likes this.
  6. Johnsafc

Johnsafc Striker

Surprised you bothered with him. Had a career with Auxerre and he only starts 3 star with 1 more black star. He's not very mobile anarl. Was the first player I ended up bombing to the reserves (along with that Mathis).

Amazed you got that much for him anarl. Think I gave him to Anderlect for 200k in the January.

7. Gravyb0y

Gravyb0y Midfield

8. Johnsafc

Johnsafc Striker

@Gravyb0y
    I'm surprised. I remember they did highlight him as my best player in the pre season thing but he was only 3 star and Fomba/Konate went to 3.5 straight away.

How'd you do in the French cup? Didn't do that well but my mate who I play with got to the semis with Strausberg. He knocked out PSG away in the QF(on pens) and afew of the shite clubs did just as well. Le Beinchorre (SP) in the national league dicked Monpeiller 6-2 and some team from the 5th division (below the CFA) got to the quarters. I get the feeling the French clubs don't give a shit about it :lol:

9. Gravyb0y

Gravyb0y Midfield

Quarter final of league cup and lost to Monaco, lost to Bordeaux in tenth round of French cup.

Konate is mint, and Fomba just been brought up from youth. Got a right back named Amirou who is looking promising, and a left back named Noam Trabe who's been good as well

Quarter final of league cup and lost to Monaco, lost to Bordeaux in tenth round of French cup.

Konate is mint, and Fomba just been brought up from youth. Got a right back named Amirou who is looking promising, and a left back named Noam Trabe who's been good as well

10. Johnsafc

Johnsafc Striker

Definitely a winnable way into Europe (if you can even get Europe that way).

They've got a ridiculous amount of good young players/the maxed potential is only 5star for what the team has which isn't a lot. Don't even recognise the names of the 2 you said :lol:. Had to check there. Amirou went on a free that other one is in the u23

The regens from the first season are all too. Literally 6 5 star players and 3 4.5 from the intake.

iirc Issa Samba and Boto were my full backs.

11. Up The Bracket

Up The Bracket Central Defender

Finding it hard to find decent young English players now. One regen was valued at 375k but Chelsea wanted 32mill :eek:
    Wages an issue anarl. Players wanting 30-40k to be rotation etc.
    Wanting to have a more English side but a lot harder trying to find appropriate players.

chopsfc007 likes this.
  12. coyneeee

coyneeee Midfield

Is it my save only or is Celtic overpowered in this game or what.

Fucking destroying Man City 5-0 away from Home in the CL in the Knockout rounds, fuck sake man :D 12 points behind them in the League also.

13. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

Same I'm only on the second season as well

who for im everton Oviedo is decent and I signed Adrian marin from villereal b team for 4mill don't play him every game but he is solid he is only 21 and is improving all the time. Julian green from buyern is a decent player for free and he is values at 15mill for me at the moment.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  14. Steesafc

Steesafc Striker

They always are when you have the Scottish leagues loaded. They were ridicolous on last years game, I had a Ross County save and despite having a quality team I still couldn't get anywhere near them.

coyneeee likes this.
  15. Good Brother

Good Brother Goalkeeper

Really really struggling defensively. Conceded 10 goals in 5 games this season.

My team is letting teams like Norwich take the piss by playing Barca football around my box. I can't find anything to stop it.
    Seems like every year you get done on crosses no matter what too.

16. coyneeee

coyneeee Midfield

Oh man Brendan Rodgers left Celtic for Leicester and it's left them stuck. They were 21 games unbeaten, won 18 drew 3 but they're now 4 games without a win - What a perfect time to play them and it's gotten me my first ever win against them. My overall record against them was Played 17 lost 16, drew 1 and the curse is broken!

Next Manager is gonna either continue the Celtic domination or open the league wide open, but for now, Title race is on!

My luck in Europe completely ran out. Drew to Dortmund in the 1st Knockout round in the Europa League, couldn't ask for a harder tie :D

17. Banks

Banks Striker

You wont sign regens from top clubs mate. Look at clubs you actually think you could poach from.

I have about 10 English regens from Championship clubs or below, got the next Ashley Cole from MK Dons, a 5 star left winger from Norwich for 750k and a 5 star centre half from the Mags for a million. Cream of the crop is the target man I have from MK Dons for a million, got 20 in 19 in league 2 on loan at the minute and developing rapidly.

18. Up The Bracket

Up The Bracket Central Defender

getting a canny few job offers now but all the big teams have very aging squads I cannit be arsed to sort that shite out

aye think ill try looking at the lower clubs and lower leagues.
    Wouldn't mind getting a few through the youth system

19. Banks

Banks Striker

New work permit system has spoiled the game a bit for me. Got a class regen who has 6 caps for Bosnia and he cant get a Work permit as Bosnia are too lowly ranked. Makes it practically impossible to pick up cheap non EU regens.

I dont even bother looking at premier league sides on the youth intake now, waste of time.

20. coyneeee

coyneeee Midfield

It's been in since FM 16? :p

Also as FM plays real-life politics, it's nearly impossible for someone from the Balkans to get a Western European visa for political reasons.

If you're wondering why it's easier to sign South Americans than it is people from the Balkans - Brazilians can get a Portuguese passport and Argentinians can get a Spanish passport so it's a fast-track into the EU for them lot. Politics is a ****.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017